Categories > Original > Drama > If You Fall We Will Catch You; The Jonas Family

Attitude Adjustment

by Jamette006 0 reviews

Joe and Meredith have a small fight about Demi Lovato.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 1090 words - Complete

0Unrated
She was a ditz, and Meredith hated her. Well, maybe hate was a strong word, but that was usually the term she applied to girls who hung all over her brothers. She's not that pretty anyway. Meredith couldn't see why Joe was enjoying all the attention.

So she walked up to the pavilion, only to see Demi Lovato playing with Joe's hair. Meredith rolled her eyes, going over to sit by Joe. She tried to ignore the younger girl.

"They want to teach me to dance, Joe. I can't dance,"Meredith complained. Joe shrugged.

"You dance all the time on-stage."

"No, you dance all the time on-stage. My leg-eye coordination is negative 100."

Then, to Meredith's great annoyance, Demi decided to join in on the conversation.

"Aw, I'm sure you'll do fine. I couldn't dance at first, either. Well, I was 3, but..."she made her voice trail off with a smirk on her face. Which earned her the evil eye from Meredith.

"I always hated Barney. The kids on that show danced like retards,"Meredith said casually, digging through her purse and applying some lip gloss. Demi bit her lip. There was a moment of awkward silence.

"Joe, I have to go. Uhm, Mel wanted to go over some things with me. See ya later,"Demi hopped off the picnic table and jogged off. Joe turned to his younger sister.

"What is up with you?! Demi's a nice girl."

Meredith raised an eyebrow, pursing her lips. "Isn't she...well, I don't know, a little too young for you, Joe?"

"Oh, shutup for once, Mer."

Meredith’s eyes widened a bit, and turned greener with anger. "No, really. I mean it. How would you feel about me dating a nineteen-year old?"

"I wouldn't worry,"Joe gritted his teeth together,"because you wouldn't be dating a nineteen-year old guy in the first place. Not with me, Nick, and Kevin around."

"Well. You won't be around forever,"she snapped.

"We'll always be around. So you might as well get over it."

"That's not fair,"Meredith growled,"it's only 3 years difference. Besides, girls mature faster."

"You've never matured, Mer. You're a spoiled brat, and everything is centered around you. All you want is attention."

"I hate you!"

"Well, that's funny, because you loved me an hour ago!"

"You weren't being a jackass then!"

Joe took in a deep breath, grinding his teeth together. Meredith blinked, holding back tears. Why do I have to cry every time I get into a fight? she thought to herself. Joe reached over to twirl a piece of her hair around his index finger, but she flinched back away from him.

"I don't want to fight, Mer. And I don't know what's been going on with you lately, but you better get it figured out soon."

"Why does everybody think there's something wrong with me?!"she yelled, jumping off the table and stomping away. So much for Camp Rock.

"Meredith, come on, Mom and Dad want you to eat dinner with the rest of us. They'll be leaving first thing tomorrow morning with Frankie!"Nick called his older sister.

"Hold on, I'm coming, Poodle-head,"Meredith grunted as she fell off the couch and stood up quickly. She hated eating dinner with her family. What was the point?

"Nice of you to join us,"Mr. Jonas said when she arrived late for dinner.

"Simply splendid."

"Meredith, enough with the attitude. Now get a plate and some spaghetti,"Mrs. Jonas said as she passed some bread over to Joe. Meredith rolled her eyes when her mom had turned away, sitting down between Frankie and Nick once she had her food.

"We already prayed,"Joe sniffed as he watched her start eating,"if you cared to know."

"Actually, I didn't,"she gave her brother a fake smile. Mrs. Jonas closed her eyes and rubbed her temples with her forefingers, as Mr. Jonas let out a sigh.

"Can't we just have a normal dinner for once, Jo-Sis?"Kevin asked, looking at Mer from across the tale with a raised eyebrow. Meredith shrugged.

"It's just dinner. I don't see what the big deal is."

"Food is a big deal,"Frankie piped up, slurping a spaghetti noodle up. The end of it sprang up and got him on the tip of the nose, leaving a spot of sauce. Everyone but Meredith laughed. She twirled her fork around in her spaghetti aimlessly. And that was how dinner went the rest of the evening. Of course, Meredith was the first one done with dinner, and she crashed her plate down in the sink, silverware clanging.

"You okay, Mer?"Nick asked that evening when she came out to sit beside him on the couch, watching television. The rest of the family was out and about the set.

"I'm fine. Why does everyone think I have a problem?"she sighed.

"Because you're acting like you have a problem."

"Well. I don't have a problem, so get over it, Nick."

Nick flipped the television off, and Meredith looked over at him, confused.

"That's exactly what I mean. You used to be nicer than that, Mer. Now, you just blow up in everybody's face, and we didn't even do anything except be concerned about you."

She leaned her head back on the couch.

"Kevin told me what you said,"he said after a moment. Meredith's head popped up.

"Oh. He wasn't supposed to..."she decided she was too tired to care.

"You used to love performing with us. And you used to like us,"Nick bit his lip.

"I do love performing with you guys, and, heck, I love you, you're my brothers. I just feel...left out, I guess."

"Listen, if it's about the script, well, Kevin and me aren't in it that much, either."

"That's not the point, Nicky."

"But Meredith, we do include you in everything. You're a part of what we are. I mean, without you, we'd just be the Jonas brothers."

"Sounds like a better band name to me."

"Nope, I don't think so. We're just the Jonas Band, and it fits. It's just one of those things, ya know?"

"Nick?"

"Hmm?"

"You're way too sensitive,"Meredith teased. He threw a pillow at her, but she caught it.

"Don't mess with me, mister."

"Why not?"he grinned.

"'Cause I'm your older sister and I say so."

"Aw, now, you're only a year older."

"Year and a half, to be exact."

"Pssht. Whatever, close enough."

Nick stuck his tongue out at her, and so the pillow fight began.
Sign up to rate and review this story