Categories > Original > Drama > If You Fall We Will Catch You; The Jonas Family

Waterfight

by Jamette006 0 reviews

Meredith and her brothers have a water feud, and meet Alyson Stoner.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 984 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frankie squinted as his mother woke him up the next morning.

"Come on, sweetie, we're leaving soon,"Mrs. Jonas said.

"But I want to stay here with Kevin, Nick, Meredith, and Joe,"he pouted.

"I heard Noah will be home this weekend,"she bribed him. Frankie immediately brightened up.

"Okay!"

In a flash, he was out of his PJs and into daytime clothes. He got his hair and teeth brushed after washing his face, then skidded out the door.

"Meredith!"he yelled when he saw his older sister outside. She turned around and smiled.

"Hey Frankie!"

"We're leaving today,"he said sadly as Meredith took his hand.

"Aw, you'll see us again in no time, Frankie. And I'll get you a present, mkay?"

"Okay!"Frankie nodded. They walked down to the lake where the rest of the family was sitting on the dock talking. The tour bus wasn't parked too far off, and Big Rob was standing between it and the lake, arms crossed. Greg was still sleeping in the tour bus.

After praying, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas said goodbye to their four children. They pulled them into hugs, which Meredith didn't seem too happy about. Frankie couldn't understand why. She always used to love hugs.

Nick Jonas sighed as the tour bus drove off.

"Well, I guess we're on our own now."

"How can we be on our own if we're all together?"Kevin asked. Meredith gave the famous eye roll.

"It's gonna be weird without the Frankster. And Big Rob. And Garbo, too,"said Joe. Nick started playing air drums without thinking. Meredith reached up and grabbed one of his arms, and he stopped, grinning.

"We should go swimming,"Joe suggested.

"Are we allowed to?"Kevin raised an eyebrow.

"Who cares?"Meredith shrugged. "We aren't even acting until tomorrow."

"Still, we should ask someone."

"Like who?"Nick asked, staring down at the below from the dock.

"Like you!"Meredith yelled, and pushed him into the lake. His head popped out of the water moments later.

"You did not just do that,"he laughed.

"I just did,"she smirked. Joe and Kevin gave each other a look from behind Meredith, then ran up, both of them grabbing one of her arms. They jumped into the water with her in tow. Meredith let out a shriek, then gasped when her head came up.

"You guys are awful!"she laughed, splashing Joe. The boys all ganged up on her and splashed her back.

"No fair, no fair!"she backed away from them, holding her hands up to protect her face.

"You started it!"Nick splashed her again.

"I don't care! This is sister abuse! Truce, truce! Or...we can all get Kevin,"Meredith squinted at them, attempting to keep the water out of her eyes. Kevin put his hands up in defense.

"Oh, no. Guys, we don't even know if we're supposed-"he was cut off as they all splashed him simantanously.

"No!"he let out one of his high-pitched laughs.

"What are you guys doing?" They all looked up to seea teenage girl looking down at them from the dock. Nick's face turned a bit red.

"Diving for sharks,"Joe winked.

"I thought they only lived in the ocean?"the girl raised an eyebrow.

"That's what they want you to think,"Joe said in a melodramatic voice. Kevin sighed.

"Uh, I'm Kevin, and this is Nick, Meredith, and Joe." He pointed his younger siblings out. The girl smiled.

"Oh, I already know who you guys are. I'm Alyson Stoner."

"Hey, didn't you play on Cheaper By The Dozen?"Joe asked. Alyson nodded.

"That's sweet. I used to love that movie." Kevin reached up to the edge of the dock and pulled himself up out of the water. Nick and Joe followed his lead, but Meredith stayed in the water, biting her lip. She just happened to be wearing a white shirt.

"Come on, Mer,"said Nick.

"Go get me a towel,"she ordered him.

"Why?"

"Ah,"Joe laughed. "She's wearing a white tee."

"It's not funny!"Meredith snapped. Nick huffed.

"Fine, fine, I'll go get it. Be right back."

Nick ran towards his cabin, grabbing a colorful beach towel. He hated running errands for Meredith. But he finally came back into view of the dock where everyone was sitting. Well, except Meredith. Kevin and Joe were drying off in the sun talking to Alyson, who was sitting in between them. Meredith looked extremely annoyed. Nick came up to the side of the dock and held the towel up for her as she came out.

"You shouldn't have pushed me in,"he shrugged. Meredith glared at him, wrapping the towel around herself and sitting next to Joe. Alyson smiled over at her, but she just nodded, pouting.

"So, are you guys stoked about this movie?"asked Alyson.

"Yes!"Joe exclaimed, rubbing his hands together. "It's definitely going to be amazingggg."

"Joe gets a little overexcited,"Kevin chuckled,"but then, again, so does Meredith. She just doesn't show it."

Meredith ignored him. Joe rolled his eyes.

"Pretty early to be out here,"Alyson commented.

"What do you mean? It's already 9am,"Nick frowned.

"On my time schedule, it is,"Alyson smiled. "Which reminds me, I'm supposed to be having breakfast with Meaghan now." She didn't move, though.

"Well, aren't you going to go?"asked Meredith.

"Wouldn't you guys like to come? We're all eating together. It's kinda like a get to know each other thing."

Joe looked over at Kevin, who looked over at Meredith and Nick.

"It's fine with me,"said Kevin. "How 'bout it guys?"

"Yes!"Joe exclaimed.

"Sure,"Nick smiled.

"Meredith?"asked Kevin. She sighed.

"Fine."

"Okay, then, but we've got to get changed first. We'll meet you there. Where is it, exactly?"Kevin asked Alyson.

"Oh, it's just at the cafeteria."

"Alright, then,"Joe jumped up. "Let's go eat some breakfast, guys!"
Sign up to rate and review this story