Categories > Original > Drama > If You Fall We Will Catch You; The Jonas Family

Reunited

by Jamette006 0 reviews

Meredith's ex, Trace Cyrus, appears on the set of Camp Rock.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 1040 words - Complete

0Unrated
Meredith leaned back on the chair beside Nick. She didn't even touch the food in front of her; she wasn't a breakfast person.

"Is it okay if I sit by you?"Meredith turned around to see a black boy wearing a hoodie standing there and smiling at her.

"Sure,"she shrugged, playing with her silverware. The boy sat down beside her, putting his tray on the wooden table.

"I'm Jordan Francis. You must be Meredith Jonas."

"Um, yeah,"she flipped her hair over her shoulder and rested her chin on her palm.

"Excited for the dance lessons?"

"No,"she sighed. Jordan looked confused.

"How come?"

"I can't dance. It's awkward for me."

"Well, that's fine. You can learn,"Jordan smiled encouragingly, stuffing some eggs into his mouth. Meredith smirked.

"I'll probably just end up hurting myself."

"So, who is it you're playing in the movie?"

"Ella."

"Wow. You'd think they'd have you with your brothers."

"Apparently, I'm not good enough."

Nick caught that comment, turning towards Meredith. He frowned, but decided it wasn't worth arguing over, turning back around to continue eating.

"Don't be like that, girl. Ella's a great role. I think you get to act with me some."

"Lovely,"Meredith said in a sarcastic tone.

Joe was flirting. He just couldn't help himself, it was second nature to him. He got into a conversation with Meaghan, and couldn't keep his eyes off of her. And the other girls around her, of course. He wasn't really paying much attention to what they were talking about. Something about the band. Demi looked up at him and smiled. He returned it.

"Joe!"Kevin yelled. His head popped up as he snapped out of it.

"What?"

"I just said your name like, 7 times, dude."

"Oh,"Joe said in an uninterested tone, looking to the girls again.

"Hello to Joe. We've got guys going after our sister."

"Hmm?"he looked up again. "You deal with it, I don't care. She's being a jerk."

"She's still our little sister,"Kevin raised an eyebrow. "And Trace Cyrus is here for some odd reason..."he looked over at the door where Miley's older half-brother was standing. Joe followed his gaze.

"That creep. What's he's doing here?"

"I don't know, but Meredith isn't going to be too happy when she sees him."

"What do you expect? They had an ugly breakup."

"Yeah, well that was a year ago."

"So, it's not like she's forgotten it,"Joe frowned. He didn't like Trace looking at his sister like that. He made eye contact with him, but Trace just ignored him. Jerk.

"Dude, isn't that Trace?"Nick whispered over to Kevin. Kevin simply nodded, and Nick cringed. Trace didn't like him too much after his dating drama with Miley. Trace's eyes studied Meredith, who was still talking to Jordan, looking annoyed, as usual. She happened to look up, and they made eye contact. Meredith froze.

"Oh boy,"Kevin said in a low voice as Trace walked over to Meredith and Jordan. Jordan sensed something was going on when they just stared at each other.

"Uh, I'll talk to you later, Meredith." Once he left, Meredith spoke.

"What are you doing here, Trace?"

Trace's hands were in his pockets, and he was biting his lower lip. His short sleeved t-shirt exposed his heavily tattooed arms.

"I...I'm sorry, for what I said. I wanted to see you,"he gave a weak smile, emphasizing his lip rings. Not to mention the nose and eyebrow piercings. Meredith just stared, waiting for a better explanation. Trace sighed, moving over to sit down beside her.

"Look, Mer, I know it was an awful breakup, but could we make it work again?"

"Give me one reason why I should take you back,"Meredith said with cold green eyes. Trace gently put a hand over hers.

"Because I love you."

"If you loved me, you wouldn't have been kissing that Jessica what's-her-face chick."

"I told you before, she kissed me. I didn't want to kiss her. It was all a misunderstanding,"he frowned.

"So why come for me now? It's almost been a year, Trace."

"Because I finally realized what a dumb ass I was being."

Meredith sighed, looking down at their hands.

"I don't know,"was all she could say.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Trace,"Meredith pulled her hand back,"when I went out with you before, none of my family was too happy with me. I gave up a whole bunch for you."

"But it can be different this time. I'm totally committed to making this work, babe."

Kevin, Nick, and Joe were all watching from the sidelines. Joe couldn't help but glare at Trace. Nick tried to listen in without anyone catching hm, but it didn't work too well because he kept looking over at Trace then looking away really quick. Kevin had his face propped up with a fist, watching curiously, and wondering if this was worth a call to their parents.

"Do you think they'll get back together?"Nick whispered over to his older brothers.

"They better not,"Joe gritted his teeth, remembering the conversation just yesterday between him and Meredith. The conversation concerning her dating a 19 year old. He now made the connection to what she was really talking about.

"I hope not,"Kevin sighed. "It's going to be bad if they do."

Joe's jaw set when he saw Meredith laughing at something Trace said. He almost jumped out of his seat when Trace took her hand and they walked outside together.

"Is that her boyfriend or something?"Jordan asked when he walked over.

"Better not be,"Joe sniffed. Nick frowned, and Kevin shook his head, sitting up a little.

"I don't feel so good about her and him being out there alone."

"I can go get her,"Nick suggested.

"No,"said Joe. "I'll go."

Nick and Kevin shrugged as he stormed out of the cafeteria.

Joe walked as quietly as he could a good distance behind Trace and Meredith. They had gone over and sat at the dock. Still holding hands, he noticed. Meredith was laughing, and Trace was smiling as they talked. Then Trace leaned over, and they kissed each other. Joe stepped forward, fists clenched.
Sign up to rate and review this story