Categories > Original > Drama > If You Fall We Will Catch You; The Jonas Family

Conflict

by Jamette006 1 review

Joe and Trace butt heads.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 1608 words - Complete

0Unrated
Meredith's heart started beating rapidly as Trace's lips came down on hers. He put his hands around her waist, and thoughts started rushing through her head. He really hurt me last year...why am I doing this? My family won't appreciate it...but they're jerks. Ha, wait 'til they see me dating Trace again. I think I might be in love with him.

Trace's fingers moved to grip the belt loops on each side of her jeans. She leaned deeper into the kiss, then...

"Get away from her!"Joe came out of nowhere and shoved Trace. Trace was thrown back a few steps, but came right back up to Joe, his face turning red with anger. Joe didn't back down.

"Joe, stop!"Meredith yelled, forcing herself in between them.

"I can't believe you, Meredith! You know what he did to you last year!"

Meredith gaped at him for a moment. "It-it wasn't his fault,"her voice faltered. "And it's none of your business anyway, Joe!"

"It sure is my business,"he seethed.

"She can make her own decisions,"Trace sniffed. Joe glared at him.

"You don't even know what you did to her last year, Neal. She wouldn't come out of her room for days,"Joe sneered, using Trace's real name, which he hated. He stepped closer, into Joe's face.

"Like Meredith said, it really isn't any of your business who she dates."

Meredith saw they were about to get into a huge fight, and quickly wedged herself in between them again.

"Trace, just ignore him. Joe, back off. I don't need you to protect me."

Trace stepped back, but now it was Joe's turn to gape. He closed his mouth after a moment, opened it again, about to say something, then closed it again, thinking better of it. He chewed on his lip for a moment, then stormed off. Meredith closed her eyes, trying to hold back tears. Trace hugged her from behind.

"Is that true? What he said?"he asked softly.

"Don't worry about it,"she whispered.

"Do you want to go back now?"

"We'd better. Or Kevin and Nick will be out here to. I don't know why they don't like you,"Meredith sighed. Trace took her hand, giving her a weak smile as they walked back to the cafeteria.

"He's been gone for awhile. Think we should go check?"Nick asked worriedly. Kevin looked up from the game of cards he was playing with Jordan.

"Five more minutes,"he shrugged, placing a card down. Nick let out a breath. Suddenly, the door crashed open and Joe walked in. Kevin looked up, an eyebrow raised.

"What happened?"

"Our sister is an idiot, and I'm going to kill Trace if he hurts her again,"Joe sat down.

"You don't mean she's going out with him again, do you?"asked Nick.

"What do you think I mean?!"Joe snapped, covering his face with his hands.

"I believe this does deserve a call to Mom and Dad. What exactly did they do?"Kevin frowned.

"Made out like retards,"Joe growled. His fists clenched again.

"Dude, calm down. She'll snap out of it eventually,"Nick said hopefully. Joe rolled his eyes as Kevin got his cell out and walked over to the door.

"She's too ignorant to snap out of it. She just wants to make us mad. It's ridiculous."

"Joe, seriously, chill. Take a breath or two. Nothing can happen to her with us around."

"The problem is Trace is around. I can't believe her, going back to him after everything he did to her."

"Joe, it was partly her fault, too. I mean, they both acted pretty stupid. No excuse for Trace treating her like that, but still. Maybe he will be better now."

"Are you kidding me?! Look at that guy! He looks like someone who just came out of prison,"Joe rolled his eyes again.

"Joe, come on, it's like our second day here. Can't we just pretend for a moment that Trace Cyrus isn't here?"Nick raised his eyebrows.

"Trace Cyrus is here?"Meaghan Jette Martin asked, overhearing Nick as she walked up.

"Unfortunately,"Joe exhaled. Meaghan gave him a confused look, but blew it off.

"Oh my gosh, he's really here?! He's so hot,"she grinned over to Jasmine Richards. Jaz grinned back.

"He's a jerk,"Joe crossed his arms.

"Jealous much?"Jaz smirked.

"I'm not in the mood,"Joe said sullenly. The girls got the point.

"Well, we're out for a walk. You guys can come if you want. No? Okay, bye,"Meaghan waved as she and Jaz walked out the door, almost running into Meredith and Trace, who were coming in. Meaghan looked over at Jasmine with wide eyes, but didn't say anything as they ran off. Kevin quickly put his cellphone away and walked towards Nick and Joe.

"No service here,"he shrugged, trying to get Joe's attention off of their sister. Trace and Meredith sat a distance away from them, talking. Joe scratched the back of his head, agitated.

"Joe, just ignore them,"Kevin half-whispered, then pressed his lips together as Trace stood up, then bent down and gave Meredith a kiss on the lips.

"See you later, babe,"he grinned.

"Mkay, bye,"Meredith waved, smiling back. Trace left, and Meredith sighed, standing up and walking over to her brothers. They didn't say anything as she sat down beside them. She bit her lip, feeling out of place. As usual. There was a long, awkward silence. Finally, Nick stood up.

"I'm going back to the cabin. We have a free day today, and I'm going to take full advantage of it by taking a nap,"he grinned, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Go knock yourself out, Nick,"Kevin smiled, catching on. It didn't work, though. Joe and Meredith wouldn't look at each other. Kevin turned towards them.

"I think I'm going to go with Nick. I'm pretty tired,"he yawned, following Nick outside. Meredith shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

"You know I don't like him,"Joe's voice cut into the silence. Meredith blinked.

"No dip, Sherlock."

"Can we just stop with the attitude and talk like adults?"

"If I was an adult, this wouldn't even be an issue. Joseph."

"Well, it is an issue, so get over it,"Joe gritted his teeth, straining not to raise his voice. Meredith scooted away from him.

"Mer, you're my little sister, and it kills me when you do stuff like this."

"You weren't like this when Nick was dating Miley."

"Well, that's different."

"Why, because Nick's a guy?"

"Well..."Joe hesitated,"yeah."

"That's bullcrap,"Meredith glared at him.

"Not really. I just don't trust Trace. You could do better, and you know it."

"I'm not listening to this,"she stood up, straightening her blouse out.

"I can see that,"Joe said dryly. She rolled her eyes.

"You're obnoxious."

"So are you."

"You were a bad influence, Joseph."

"Don't call me that."

"Joseph."

Joe took a deep breath, then let it out.

"Denise."

"Don't you dare ever call me that,"Meredith hissed.

"Why not? It's your real name. Denise Meredith Jonas II."

"Jospeph Adam Dickhead Jonas,"she snapped. Joe glared at her this time.

"You're a jerk. I don't know why I even bother to defend you."

"Defend me?! Oh my God, Joe, you're never on my side."

Joe stood up, coming up to her.

"If that's what you think, you're stupider than I thought,"he rowned, then walked out the door, leaving Meredith standing there alone.

"It's like someone's brainwashed her,"Joe said, talking to his brothers the next day. Kevin and him were swinging on the old swingset, and Nick was sitting in the grass.

"She's just...trying out new things. She's confused,"Kevin swung his legs back and forth.

"Confused about what?"Nick cocked his head to the side.

"About where she fits in in life."

"But she fits in with us. We're her family."

"I guess she's too good for us,"Joe said sourly, kicking at the gravels on the ground.

"Well, maybe she'll be in a better mood today. We're having dance lessons,"Nick said hopefully.

"She was complaining about that too. While being mean to Demi,"said Joe.

"What did she do?"

"She was just being her usual self."

"Oh."

Kevin clicked his teeth together, thinking.

"Should we call Mom and Dad?"Nick asked him.

"I don't think so, at least not yet. We'll see how things go. If it gets too bad, we'll call."

"I think it's going to get bad,"Joe chuckled bitterly.

"Don't be so negative about it,"Nick sighed, messing around with his cell. "I hate not having service here!"he yelled, throwing it down on the ground. Not too hard, though. They all stared at it for a moment, until Nick picked it back up and put it back into his pocket.

"We should do something,"said Kevin.

"Like what?"Nick asked.

"I dunno. Something fun. Like get a lot of people together and play Duck-Duck-Goose or something."

"I love that game,"Joe smiled.

"Who do you think will play though?"Nick frowned.

"Hmm. Jordan will, and Alyson, Meaghan, and Demi might. There's also Jasmine. And Jake, Daniel, and Sarah,"Kevin suggested.

"But we have to be at the studio at ten. And it's like, 8:30 now. I still have to get ready,"Joe said, looking at his watch.

"Well, I guess that plan is scratched,"Kevin got off the swing, stretching. Nick stood up too.

"Come on, Joe. You take forever to get ready, so let's go."

Joe ran to the cabin, Kevin and Nick following, to get ready for dance lessons.
Sign up to rate and review this story