Categories > Original > Drama > If You Fall We Will Catch You; The Jonas Family

Start The Party

by Jamette006 0 reviews

Dance Lessons! And a convo between Jordan and Trace, discussing the party he's planning to go to with Meredith.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 1258 words - Complete

0Unrated
"I'm fine, Mom. Seriously."

"Well, Kevin sounded worried about something to do with you when he called. He wouldn't tell me what, though. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Mom. I'm fine. Do I have to spell it out for you?"

"No,"Mrs. Jonas sighed. "I guess I'm just being a worrywart. But if you need anything, just call, okay hon?"

"Yes, Mom,"Meredith sighed, getting more annoyed by the second.

"Okay, then. I'll talk to you later, sweetie. Love you."

Meredith hung up the phone without saying goodbye. Tomorrow would be the party, and she was having enough trouble as it was catching up with her schoolwork, acting, dancing, and a million other things.

"Who was that?"asked Anjelica Scannura, who was roommates with Meredith along with Sarah Francis and Jennifer Ricci.

"My mom,"she answered in a monotone voice.

"Oh. Are you in trouble?"

"Not yet."

"Why would you get in trouble?"Sarah raised an eyebrow.

"Is it really any of your business?"Meredith retorted, leaving them staring as she went into the bathroom to get dressed. The girls stopped gossiping about her when she came back out, but she could tell what they had been talking about. The thing was, she didn't care. She ignored their stares as she left the cabin, slamming the door on the way out.

"She's making everybody mad, Mom."

"Well, honey, I'm sure it's just a phase,"Mrs. Jonas said on the other end of the line. Joe sighed.

"I hope so. She just has this terrible attitude lately, and now that Trace has showed up..."

"What?"his mother's voice sounded shocked.

"She didn't tell you? Trace and her are dating again." There was silence.

"Mom?"

"Joe, is Kevin around?"

"Um, yeah, he's right here."

"Can I talk to him?"

"Sure,"Joe said, putting the phone down, and getting Kevin.

"Hey, Mom wants to talk to you. She's on the line."

"Oh, okay,"Kevin nodded, going over and picking the phone back up.

"Hello?...Yeah...Well, I didn't think it was my place to tell you...ok...Are you sure?...Well, I'm just saying, she's not going to be too happy...Alright, alright, I'll talk to her...I'm fine...Love you too...Talk to you later, Mom." Kevin let out a breath as he hung the phone up, and turned around towards Joe.

"What's up?"Joe asked curiously.

"I have the responsibility of telling Meredith she's not allowed to see Trace." Joe let out a low whistle.

"I could do it for you."

"No, Mom specifically asked for you not to do it."

"Oh."

"Sometimes I hate being the older brother,"Kevin plopped down on Joe's bunk.

"Well, good luck,"Joe shrugged,"I have to go. Later."

"Later,"Kevin frowned as he left.

"Hey Kevin,"Meredith smiled as she skipped up beside her oldest brother. She was in a good mood, totally ready for the party tomorrow.

"Hey,"he said, distracted. Meredith frowned, letting the silence reign for a moment, then speaking.

"What's wrong?"she asked. Kevin stopped walking, and turned towards her, hands in his pockets.

"Well. Mom called."

"Yeah, I know, she called me too."

"Yeah, but she wanted me to tell you something,"Kevin sighed. Meredith raised an eyebrow, confused.

"Umm, what?"

"Meredith, you know, the last time you and Trace went out, it didn't end so well."

"What does that have to do with anything?"she asked, her jaw set. She knew what was coming, but she still dared Kevin to say it, looking up at him with piercing green eyes.

"You can't see Trace anymore, Mer,"he bit his lip. Meredith fumed.

"You told her!"

"No, I didn't, actually."

"Uh, well, then who did?!"

"Joe,"Kevin said quietly. Meredith's eyes widened, then she blinked.

"I should have known it would be him. Well, you can forget about me not seeing Trace, because I'm going to a party with him tomorrow in Toronto,"she smirked, challenging her older brother. Kevin crossed his arms.

"No, you're most definitely not. I don't care if I have to lock you in a closet."

"You have no right! I can do whatever I want, I don't have to listen to you,"Meredith sneered, eyes blazing with anger now.

"The world doesn't revolve around you, Meredith. Grow up! Mom is only doing what's best for you, and I have to say, I agree with her. You aren't going to any party with Trace, so get over it,"Kevin stared right back at her. Meredith let out a yell, then turned around and stormed off. Kevin rolled his eyes, kicking the ground, then going off the opposite way.

"Hey, you. Have you seen Meredith anywhere?"Trace asked the black boy he saw hanging around with Meredith the other day. The boy shrugged.

"She's probably at her cabin, I don't really know. You guys dating now?"

"Yep,"Trace nodded.

"Well, congrats,"he smiled.

"What's your name?"

"Jordan. I'm one of the actors."

"Oh. It seems pretty boring around here..."Trace said, looking up at the clouds and lazy environment.

"Believe me, it's not. Especially with the Jonas Band around."

"Yeah, they keep things interesting, don't they?"

"Indeed, indeed. But what we really need around here is a party,"Jordan grinned.

"Ah, well Meredith and I are going to a party this weekend. At one of my friend's houses, on 6th street. It's going to be awesome,"said Trace, not sure why he was saying this. He found Jordan easy to talk to.

"And her brothers are okay with that?"Jordan raised his eyebrows. Trace shrugged.

"I dunno. She didn't mention. Well...I'd better go find her. Talk to you later, man."

"Later,"Jordan nodded, watching carefully as Trace walked off. There was just something he didn't like about the guy, but he couldn't place what it was.

Meredith's eyes widened when she saw Trace walking on a path ahead of her. She looked around to see if anyone else was near, and seeing that there wasn't, ran up to him.

"Trace! What are you doing here?"she asked. He turned around and smiled.

"Just came to see you. Is there a problem?"

"Yes. No. I dunno,"she sighed.

"Care to tell?"he asked, giving her a short kiss.

"Well. Joe told Mom about you and me, and, I'm not supposed to be seeing you. Seriously, I'm surprised you got in here. I figured Kevin would have the grounds surveillanced,"Meredith bit her lip. Trace hugged her to him.

"I'll just come see you at night, then, when no one's around. You're still coming to the party, right?"he asked worriedly.

"Yes, of course,"she looked up at him with innocent eyes,"but it's going to be difficult. They're keeping a close watch on me."

"No problem,"Trace shrugged. "You know the place we were at yesterday?" Meredith nodded.

"Meet me there at 7:30. Then I'll take you the long way around to get to my car. Just make sure nobody sees you,"he licked his lips, poking her nose gently.

"Okay. I think I can manage that. But, you'd better go now,"she frowned.

"Not until I get my goodbye kiss,"Trace smirked, leaning down. They made out for a good minute before Meredith pulled back.

"Go now, Trace. I have to get back to the cabin before they start searching for me."

"Okay,"he said softly, turning around to head back towards his car, but looking back every once in awhile to watch her figure walking further away from him. Let's start this party.
Sign up to rate and review this story