Categories > Original > Drama > If You Fall We Will Catch You; The Jonas Family

It All Comes Down To This

by Jamette006 0 reviews

Meredith finds herself in need of her older brothers when Trace isn't there.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 1031 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Thanks again!"Kevin waved to the gas station employee he had just gotten directions from.

"Anytime,"the older man said as Kevin walked out the door. He hopped into the car.

"Did you get them?"Joe asked immediately. Kevin nodded.

"We have to get there before something bad happens."

He revved the engine up and sped down the road in Maria's borrowed car, following the man's directions. And if anyone had done anything to hurt his little sister, they were going to pay.

"I've been looking for you, baby. I missed you."

Meredith looked up from her perch on the top of the couch, confused. The guy she had ran into before smiled at her. A trickle of fear ran down her spine. She watched him cautiously.

"Come on, why don't we talk somewhere more private?"the boy grabbed her wrist, pulling her off the couch.

"No, I really don't want to,"she protested, trying to pull away from him, but he dragged her along.

"Stop!"Meredith exclaimed as he began to pull her upstairs. She kicked him in the shin.

"Bitch,"he growled, his face turning red with anger. He forced her up the stairs with a struggle, pushing her into one of the rooms.

"What are you doing?!"Meredith yelled as he pushed her down on the bed. She tried frantically to get away from him. Her panic seemed to clear her mind some, but she still couldn't think right. His lips came crushing down on hers. She managed to pull her head away.

"Stop it, you jerk!"she exclaimed, her fingernails clawing into his arms. He grunted, then slapped her across the face. That took her breath away. His hands moved down to her waist, trailing above her jeans line. She looked up at him with wide eyes.

"This has to be it!"Kevin slammed on the brakes, parking the car and shoving the keys into his pocket as he got out and headed towards the entrance with Joe. Nobody seemed to care that they were there, but Kevin was looking for one face inparticular; Trace's. They searched the first floor together, and finally found Trace in the den, passed out. Joe stomped over and pulled his head up by his hair, grabbing a half-empty bottle of beer and emptying the contents on his face. Trace spluttered as his eyes opened.

"Wha-what?"he stuttered. Joe pushed him back against the couch.

"Where's Meredith?!"he demanded.

"Meredith? I..I dunnoo. She wanted to leave,"he slurred. Joe looked over at Kevin, wondering what they should do next. Kevin walked over and pulled Trace upright by his collar.

"TELL ME WHERE SHE IS!!"he growled into his face. Trace was shaking.

"D-dude, I-I d-don't know, m-man, she j-just left,"he said, looking scared. Kevin threw him down onto the floor.

"Upstairs,"he snapped, half-running out the room. Joe threw the empty beer bottle at Trace then followed his older brother.

Meredith managed to get one of his fingers in her mouth, and she bit down as hard as she could. He let out a yell, punching her in the face with his free hand, sending her down onto the floor. He winced as he looked down at his finger. She had drawn blood. After yelling some curses at her, he kicked her side. She tried to get around him, but he grabbed the back of her shirt, and slammed her up against the wall. She let out a yelp as she felt her wrist crack into an awkward position. She didn't realize until now that she was crying.

His body was pressed up against hers, trapping her between him and the wall. This guy was huge. He had to weigh around 200 lbs., and was about 6'1, a monster compared to Meredith, who weighed in at 108 and only reached 5'4. His hands came down to her waist, and he arched his hips into hers. She bit her lip as he put pressure on her wrist. It hurt. Badly.

It almost seemed like everything went in slow motion when he threw her down onto the bed. She let out a cry as his body came crushing down on hers. Then, oh, thank God, the door opened. He blinked at the sudden light. Someone, or someones, collided with his side, sending him on the floor. Meredith gasped in relief, sweating from the pain in her wrist.

Crashes came from somewhere in the distance, Meredith wasn't too sure if it was in the room or somewhere outside of it. Everything was dark. Her head was floating, and everything hurt. Especially her wrist. But so did her shoulders, and her face where he had punched her. And the foot she had kicked him with.

Suddenly, time just seemed to freeze. All she could hear now were strong beats of music. She wasn't sure if this was heaven or hell, or maybe somewhere in between.

"Meredith?"she heard a soft, familiar voice. She opened her eyes, straining to see as everything came back into focus. Joe.

"Joe?"she said weakly, barely audible.

"It's me, Mer. You're alright now, okay?"Meredith nodded, not understanding. She didn't feel okay.

"We need to get her out of here,"she heard another voice. She craned her neck to see Kevin. Of course, he would be here.

"Meredith, can you walk?"Joe asked.

"I, I don't know,"she said uncertainly. Her head whirled again. "I don't think so."

"Alright, it's okay,"he answered.

"Do you want me to bring the car up to the front door, then?"

"Yeah, that will work. I'll bring her down, then."

She saw Kevin leaving the room, and bit her lip. Was he leaving her?

"Come on,"Joe said as he lifted Meredith up. She remained stock still for a moment, trying not to move her wrist. Or head. She had a killer headache. It got loud downstairs. It hurt her head. She could hear people jeering, and some of them pointed at her. It was very uncomfortable.

Kevin opened the back door for Joe to get her inside. She relaxed once she was, and Joe stayed in the backseat with her while Kevin drove off.
Sign up to rate and review this story