Categories > Original > Romance > Jinxes for the Jinxed (Revised)

Jinxes for the Jinxed Chapter 3

by failurebydesign 1 review

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 1061 words

0Unrated
Chapter3
Sounds of chains rattling, and muffled screams flew into Gabrielle’s dreams... or maybe it was her dream?
She awoke with a startle, and looked around the room in which she found herself; it was dark and she couldn’t see a thing.
Beneath her she felt damp cement, and a small breeze coming from behind her. A brief hint of light shone above her, creating a path of which she could only see dripping raindrop into the spot light.
She heard a chain rattle again just to her left, a long with a muffled scream; someone was struggling to get free. Gabrielle attempted herself to move, but finally realized the chains that held her arms above her head so she couldn’t move them very far.
She struggled to stand up, feeling weak; as if she hasn’t eaten in days.
Gabrielle tried to speak, but found her own voice muffled as well; what was going on?

In the distance she heard faint footsteps, which only seemed to grow louder by the second.
”Are you girls finally awake?” The voice was harsh, and obviously male.
A rattling of metal clinking, and a sound that seemed as if a key was unlocking a door started, and the light Gabrielle once saw grew in front of her and she saw the room much clearer now.
She turned her head to the left gently, feeling no strength inside her what so ever and saw Emily chained to a damp brick wall, full of dirt.
Her hair was damp, and stringy and her skin was muddy. The dress that she had worn to the ball was torn, and one of the straps was torn right off and hanging down the side.
Her knees buckled from beneath her, and Gabrielle watched as Emily weakly fell to the ground and her head hung low.
The foot steps started up again, and walked right past Gabrielle and towards Emily.
”No need to fall for me.” He laughed, ripping the gag from her head and facing his back to Gabrielle’s, completely hiding Emily from view.
His voice was now low and a whisper; Gabrielle was unable to hear any words that he said to Emily.
Emily gasped, and the guy moved away from in front of her. Her face was now visible as she looked up at Gabrielle.
Her lips trembled, and her face was mucky... Gabrielle knew Emily would have a heart attack if Emily saw herself right now.
The man unchained Emily’s wrists, which Emily soon retraced closer to her body, rubbing her wrist, which looked bruised.
The man grabbed her hair, and wrapped it completely around his hand, pulling her from the ground.
Emily whimpered, and did as he told her, and followed him back out towards the light.
Gabrielle heard a thump from behind her, and Emily gasp as if she had just been thrown against the wall.

The light disappeared again once more after Gabrielle was forced to listen to the cries of her sister as the man beat her just behind the exit of this fowl room, is that what happened to Elly?
Gabrielle herself soon collapsed to her knees from feeling weak, her arms growing tired more and more.
Once again she couldn’t find it in herself to cry, but she felt as if she wanted to so bad; but she had no other choice then but to stay strong.

Gabrielle’s eyes shot open as she felt a cold presence near her.
The light shone in once again, and she turned her head to scan the room; but no sign of any one but herself.
She struggled to stand once again, but eventually did; she could feel her skin pinch against the frosted metal of the chains. A yawn escaped from the lips and then it dawned on her; the gag was removed from her face!
”Hello?” Gabrielle attempted to shout, but her voice came out dry and just as a whisper.
In the far left corner, where the shadows still hung she saw Emily’s body just lying there... but wasn’t the room just empty?
Gabrielle turned to look to her right and found a shadowy figure stand tall above her.
The chains were released from her wrists, but her freedom didn’t last long as the man grasped her wrists once more.
”Your turn, little missy.” The man laughed, pulling her out into the light.

It burned her for a few moments, her skin and eyes trying to remember the feeling of the warm light; but it only felt dangerous to her now.
The darkness had been her sanctuary; it kept her away from what ever Emily had been put through.
Gabrielle found herself thrown against a wall and slapped in the face by the villain, who was now very visible.
He placed his hands upon her shoulders and drifted down lower and lower, keeping eye contact with her the whole time.
Gabrielle spat in his face, and struggled to stand up; feeling anger and energy rise into her little body.
”Back the fuck off!” Her voice had jumped back into her throat; it was as if she wasn’t weak anymore... but she knew that was a mistake.
”Who do you think you are?” The man shouted, the back of his hand connecting with her face once more.
A few more hits came her way, but eventually the girl had enough; she raised her fist and punched the man in the face with all the energy she could collect, but then she fell to her knees.
The man pulled her up by her hair, and pressed her up against the wall. His hand found his way around her neck, still holding her above ground level so she could not place her feet down.
The air escaped her, just as she wished she could escape this man with a crazed look in his eye.
”You will NEVER do that again!” He shouted, just as foot steps appeared just to the right.
”What are you doing? PUT HER BACK IN! You’re not supposed to kill them all!” Another male voice; it came from the same direction, as the footsteps but Gabrielle had no strength to turn to it.

Her tiny body was thrown again back into the darkness, and oddly she felt relieved.
Sign up to rate and review this story