Categories > Original > Romance > Jinxes for the Jinxed (Revised)

Jinxes for the Jinxed Chapter 2

by failurebydesign 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-03 - 808 words

0Unrated
Chapter2
Seven years later, and sure enough she had been adopted the day she turned sixteen, and this was her seventeenth birthday.
The past few birthdays were always eventful for Gabrielle, something new happening; good or bad. She was definitely never bored on her birthdays.

The sound of an obnoxious ring flooded her head, and pushed her dreams out the other ear.
She groggily rubbed her eyes, and slowly blinked them open; careful to adjust to the sun flooding through her window. Soon enough, just like every Sunday morning, three blonde and blue eyed faces popped up in her door way.
”Good morning Gabby!” Emily, the oldest sister sang in her British accent.
”And a fine day it is, don’t you think?” The middle child, and also the boy, Edwan spoke up.
”We would never forget your birthday either, sister!” The younger sister said happily, Elly to be exact.
Gabrielle had been adopted by rich folk; and of course she was happy to be back to riches.
She was adopted into a family of five, making her the even sixth number in. They were caring, that’s for sure, but the parents seemed to always be missing.
Elly, and Emily pushed Edwan out of the room, and shut the door, and a loud knocking abruptly started as soon as the door shut.
”Hey! I want to help to!” He shouted, soon enough the thumping stopped and we heard his loud exit to the stairs.
”So what’s on the Agenda today?” Gabrielle asked, groggily pulling herself out of bed, and starting to fix the bedspread.
”We made you a cake!” Emily shouted happily, running to the closet; most likely to find a dress for me to wear.
Emily herself was wearing a White Organic Cotton dress, and Elly in an Orange Chiffon Sunburst. They happened to always dress formally.

”This dress is perfect for you to wear!” Emily shouted from around the corner.
She had just recently decided all Gabrielle’s clothes weren’t good enough for the occasion, and that she would lend her one of her own.
She appeared back in the room with an Off-White Tiered Dress and Elly nodded her head in excitement, loving the dress herself.
”You could always get Elly to wear it.” Gabrielle insisted, her face scrunching up in a disgusted way.
Emily shook her head, and shoved the dress into Gabrielle’s arms, and Gabrielle sighed in response.

After a few hours of helping (or should I say forcefully helping) Gabrielle get dressed and ready, they appeared down the long, white steps.
Their parents had made it back in time, and a few boxes were stacked in the corner; they had planned a ball, in Gabrielle’s honours.
Gabrielle’s smile grew as they arrived in the ballroom where hundreds of people were gathered that she had met when the family did world travels, and maybe even a few girls from the boarding school she attended.
”Happy birthday!” the crowd shouted when their voices had lowered, and they all noticed her presence.
It definitely explained why her sisters had helped her get ready; to think Gabrielle had planned on wearing jeans.

The night was filled with elegant dancing, and people making Gabrielle feel like a princess; but tonight wasn’t all fun and games.
”Thank you mother for the wonderful evening, and you to father!” Gabrielle shouted over the music, hugging each of her adoptive parents.
Her adoptive mother smiled brightly down at her, pushing her fingers into Gabrielle’s hair she placed a kiss upon her forehead, and her father pulled out a book from under her shirt; like her real father did seven years ago.
She had told the story to her new family, and the past year that she has been with them; they even started buying her used The Princess Bride books from thrift stores, or old book stores to help her keep her memory alive.

In that second, the lights shut off a long with the music.
Gasps were released from all over the room; and Gabrielle froze. A gunshot was heard from the other side of the room, and people began to scatter all around the room, screams included.
Gabrielle and her family soon exited the ballroom together; but separated as the crowd pushed through behind them.

An arm wrapped around Gabrielle’s shoulders, and a hand around her mouth.
She watched as Emily and Elly were captured too, and the others had escaped out the front door.
Elly started to cry, but soon fainted in the cloaked man’s hands, and Emily disappeared into the shadows.
Gabrielle’s vision became a blur, and she felt her body begin to numb; but she refused to give in to her feeling of wanting to sleep, but in the end... she wasn’t strong enough.
Sign up to rate and review this story