Categories > Original > Drama > Death and Taxes

4

by roxnick 1 review

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-08 - Updated: 2008-07-09 - 505 words

1Original
2:25 AM (Day Two)

I had tried to fall asleep, but I wasn't successful. My head was spinning and my body ached. Being oblivious to all that was happening made me angrier every second. I wanted him to come back around and just spill his guts to me, tell me what the fuck was going on. I gripped onto the cold ground with my fingers. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.
I then heard the stairs make long creaking sounds, like someone was coming down very slowly. My eyes fluttered open, wide open, and locked stare on the roof. I could hear heavy breathing as a body came closer and closer to me. The heat from the person intensified as each sound became louder.
His figure, the man from before, suddenly appeared next to me. I didn't respond to his presence.
"I can see your eyes. They're open", he said remarkably. I sighed.
"Can you please untie me?", I said. "My feet really hurt"
He didn't answer.
I could feel the fury building up inside me, even as I tried to stay calm.
"How the hell can you act like this... like it's normal?"
"What?"
"Your fucking tone is so relaxed and chill, how can you do that? HOW?"
"Shhh!", he whispered, putting a finger to his lips. He had tightly covered my mouth with his hand. Then, unexpectedly, he began stroking my hair and humming. My body, already tense, began twitching. Eventually, though, I almost unwillingly calmed down. My eyes went to the back of my head in trance and relaxation, even though I was still fully aware. Once he realized I was calm, he freed my mouth.
He placed his hand on my back and lifted my body. Cold glass touched my lips. He tipped the cup over and water poured into my mouth slowly. It felt good in my throat, like it was cleaning my insides. I instantly felt better.
He laid me back down carefully, put the cup down, and sat by me. His eyes were looking to the side before he redirected them to me. He struggled, then spoke in a minimal whisper.
"Do you remember what happened to you?"
I looked at him in shock. I had never even thought about it, about what I had been doing befoe I got here. I shook my head softly. He looked away again. His fair skin became white in the moonlight. I stared at him mindlessly. My mind drifted away into sleep.

5:34 AM

I gasped as I felt my body drop onto a soft surface, from sleep back into reality so suddenly. It took my eyes a while to adapt to the heavy white lighting around me. I made out two bodies dressed fully in white but blurry. I became nervous as they pulled my limbs and tied them down onto the soft surface. I realized I was on a stretcher. I felt a sharp pain on my left wrist. My eyelids fell heavy and unwillingly. Everything went black.
Sign up to rate and review this story