Categories > Original > Drama > Death and Taxes

3

by roxnick 1 review

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-06-22 - Updated: 2008-06-23 - 452 words

1Exciting
19 Hours Before

I walked into the club and instantly felt the loud music pump through my body. My friend Braden grabbed me by the arm and pulled me through a huge crowd of dancing young people.
"I don't think this is my thing!", I screamed while leaning towards him.
"We're gonna have fun tonight, okay?", he yelled. I gave him a smirk of sarcasm.
I looked around at all the people: the rich bitches, the sexually charged boys, the drrugggies out for a party. The entire place was dark except for the few flashes of metallic white lights that exploded every few seconds. It was like those flashes, I thought, were sneak peaks into the life of others.
Braden led us into the V.I.P room in the back. He struggled with the door nervously and threw me in.
"Ouch!", I said, grabbing my arm and frowning.
"Sorry hon, but I HATE walking through that... jungle"
We sat down on the surrounding lounge chairs. I could feel, still, the music pumping in and out of me. I lit up a cigarette and took a drag.
"So, why are we here again?", I asked.
Braden gave me a look of impatience. "Because...", he started while bringing over two martinis, "you work all the time and never get out of that fucking house. You need to relax"
I shrugged and looked away.
"I have to go to the bathroom", I said, putting the glass down and throwing my cigarrette on the floor, then stomping on it. Braden winked and turned to the other people in the room.
Making way through the people for a second time was revolting. Suddenly I had stopped seeing the glamour and began feeling like the place was absolutely immoral.
I ran into the bathroom and slammed the stall door closed. I stood staring at the filthy toilet. I heard someone else walk in, but at that moment I felt my drink come up. I vomited into the toilet. My head began spinning. I opened the stall and walked to one of the sinks. I splashed water onto my face and rubbed it in, keeping my eyes closed. I spaced out. I couldn't hear anything, and I liked it. Then I felt something touch my back, and my head jumped up. Through the mirror I saw a woman dressed in a black trenchcoat.
"I'm sorry?", I murmured after I heard her whisper something. She simply stared at me, but her lips kept moving, twitching. The next thing I knew she had covered my nose and mouutth with a red cloth. My nostrils inhaled and I felt an extreme burning sensation go through them. White spots started covering my sight.
Sign up to rate and review this story