Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

Detentions Over

by Carebear_Assassin 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2008-07-13 - Updated: 2008-07-13 - 1043 words

1Ambiance
I found myself avoiding Frank at school the next day. When he came to sit at our lunch table I left saying I had to go to the library to research something. Then I felt stupid for running from him. I wondered if he noticed or not. I was dreading math class. I took my time changing in the girl’s locker room after PE. The only other people still there were Erelin and Amanda.

“You can’t put it off forever you know?” Amanda said. As I put on my second sock, readjusting it for the tenth time.

“Lana it’s a sock, you can’t screw that up.” Erelin said. I sat down on the bench.

“I don’t know how to act around him. I mean I knew how to act when I hated him, but now that I actually like him…”

“News flash you always liked him.” Amanda said. I opened my mouth to protest, but Erelin said.

“Don’t even try to deny it cause we already know you did.” I didn’t try to deny it cause they wouldn’t believe me anyway. “And you should just be yourself.”

“How can I be myself if I can’t think strait around him?” instead of asking that I said. “Okay.” then the bell rang.

“Great Lana now we are late for class.” Amanda said.

“You didn’t have to wait.” I said with an evil smile. We split up and went to our classes.

“You’re late Miss. Woods, do you have a pass?” Mr. Michaels asked.

“No sir, but I promise it won’t…”

“You have detention today after school. Report here.”

“But Mr. Michaels this is the first time I’ve ever been late…”

“It will also be the first time I give you detention for being late. Now take a seat and start on your work.” what was bothering him today he never gave out detentions for the first time being late? I’d seen a million students come through that door late and just apologize and sit like nothing happened. This was so unfair. A small piece of crumbled up paper landed on my desk. It read:

Are you okay?

I looked over to see Frank with a concerned look on his face. I responded:

I’m fine

Then returned it to his desk, two minutes later the piece of paper landed back on my desk:

You don’t look fine what’s wrong?

I smiled. I liked him being so concerned about me:

We can talk after school okay?

I looked over to see him smile at my note and nod back to me.

“Mrs. Woods, is there a reason you seem to find the back of the class room so interesting?”

“Oh it’s just that you’re not there.” I said.

“So that means you will be joining me for detention tomorrow as well?”

“Whatever,” I said. Then the bell rang. I didn’t even bother getting up to leave, since I would just have to come back in here. I waited to see who else had detention with me, but it seemed like I was the only one. That’s when it clicked in my head I was alone with Mr. Michaels.

I took a quick survey of the classroom as I watched him get up from his desk and close both of the doors. I was starting to get a little nervous. He walked over to my desk and stood over it. I looked away from him, hoping he would get the picture that I didn’t want anything to do with him. He put his hand flat on my back lifting me from my chair and spinning me so that his arms wrapped tightly around me. It would have been a really romantic gesture if he weren’t twice my age and my math teacher. “Mr. Michaels…” my words were cut off as his lips crashed to mine.

“Alana you really shouldn't tease me the way you do,” he said breaking the kiss.

“Mr. Michaels stop,” I said as he started to kiss down my jaw line. I tried to push him away but my arms were pinned to his chest leaving me no room. Then the door flew open.

“I think detention is over, don’t you Mr. Michaels?” it was Frank, and he looked pissed. Mr. Michaels let me go. I quickly gathered my things and ran to Frank’s side. “And she won’t be back tomorrow.” he didn’t wait for an answer he just took my hand sending shivers down my spine. We didn’t say anything until we got into the car.

“Thank you Frank.”

“I thought I told you not to be alone with him,” he yelled at me. I looked at him like he was crazy.

“I had detention I didn’t have a choice.” I yelled back.

“Lana you could have gotten around that and you know It.” was he seriously saying this was my fault?

“How? I had detention, if I hadn’t showed up I would have gotten into more trouble.”

“You wouldn’t have had his tongue shoved down your throat, now would you?”

“Take me home.” I said hoping to end the conversation.

“That’s where I’m taking you genius.”

“Prick!”

“Bit…”

“Don’t you dare call me that. You know I was actually starting to like you. I’m so happy you showed your true colors. I’ll walk the rest of the way.” I said opening the door while the car was still moving. I got up and started walking.

“Lana get back into the car.” he said driving beside me as I walked down the small road that led to our homes. “Just get in and I’ll take you home. I won’t say another word to you.” I knew it was a long walk ‘till I got home, plus today had exhausted me. I stopped and opened the door without a word. I saw that same cocky smile and I almost got back out. It didn’t take long for him to pull up to my house. I got out without saying a word and went into the house.
Sign up to rate and review this story