Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

Tarzan Or Spiderman

by Carebear_Assassin 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-07-14 - Updated: 2008-07-14 - 937 words

0Unrated
My dad laid out his plan it seemed simple enough. Nothing I couldn’t handle. He dropped me off as usual and I walked into the school building. All through first period Amanda and Erelin were looking at me. I figured Frank had told them about yesterday. I ran through what I said to him in the car in my mind. I can’t believe I told him I was starting to like him. “So…” Erelin said as we walked toward where we split to go to our next classes.

“Don’t wanna talk about it,” I said curtly, causing them both to stop and put their hands on their hips. I needed not to be thinking about what happened with Frank, I was over his…his Frank-ness. Then Gerard like every other day linked arms with me and we headed to our next class.

“You should talk to him,” Gerard said out of nowhere.

“Who asked you?” I said, I wasn’t sure how much he knew about what happened.

“He was just a little freaked about what could have happened if he hadn’t been there in time,”

“I was handling it myself,” I said even though I knew I hadn’t been handling anything.

“He cares for you and thinks you shouldn’t have had to handle it yourself,” he said letting my lie slide, even though he knew better.

“I’m not talking to him,” I said sitting in my seat, he kept trying to convince me during class. I wasn’t having it. Frank had made me feel like crap at the end of an already crappy day. I really didn’t need someone like that in my life, since I had so many crappy days. When class was over we went into the cafeteria I got my usual cold cut and sat down at our table. I didn’t participate in any of the conversation. I basically went into my own world. Until I felt Frank starring at me. I finished the last bit of my sandwich and said I had something to finish in the library.

“Lana wait please,” Frank said following me out of the cafeteria.

“Leave me alone Frank,” I didn’t even slow down.

“Alana please.” Something in his voice made me stop. He stepped so that he was in front of me facing me. “I’m sorry about yesterday. I know it wasn’t your fault and I know you didn’t like kissing Mr. Michaels.” He said most of that in one breath.

“Frank you really made me feel like it was my fault that he kissed me. I didn’t want him to kiss me and I certainly didn’t like it.”

“I just got jealous…” we both stood in silence at his revelation. “Lana I really like you, and when I saw him… I kind of lost it, I really wanted to hurt him, but I knew I couldn’t which just pissed me off more. So I took it out on you. I’m sorry.” I wasn’t sure how I was supposed to react. I could tell him go jump off a bridge in true Lana fashion. Then the bell rang saving me from having to make a decision at the moment.

“I gotta go,” I said and ran off toward PE. Erelin and Amanda were kind of giving me the silent treatment from they way I’d snapped this morning. “Guys,” I said once we were alone in the locker room. They ignored me. “I’m sorry for this morning, just some stuff happened last night and I have something to do later on today that I’m scared to.”

“What?” Amanda said. I told them about what happened yesterday and all about my dad’s plan.

“Alana we told you to stay away from him, most of the teachers here aren’t nice. Even our dear Mrs. Doubtfire,” Erelin said. She was referring to our English teacher that’s what we called her.

“I don’t care I can’t let that happen to anyone else, but I need a favor. I didn’t think about this before, but I need you to keep Frank out of the way.”

“Oh yeah keep him away from you when he thinks you’re in trouble,” Erelin said like it was impossible. “Did you know that he waits to make sure that you have a ride home everyday. He even…” she stopped like she wasn’t supposed to say the next part.

“Well? What?” I said wanting to hear more.

“He told your dad that he would take you home from school everyday.”

“He said…”

“That your dad was having car trouble. Did you ever wonder why you were able to make it to school in the morning but not later on?” she had a point and I now officially felt stupid.

“Okay right Lana’s stupid, but she needs your help just this once,” I said pleading with them now.

“Okay, we’ll do our best.” Amanda said. “But we will be waiting out front and if you aren’t back out there in a reasonable amount of time. We are letting Tarzan go. Got it?”

“Tarzan? He’s more like Spiderman.” Erelin corrected. I just looked between the two of them.

“Okay… right.”

“I mean that,” Amanda said.

“Don’t worry my dad will be there in no time.” I said, even thought I wasn’t too sure about the plan. I felt like if anything was going to go wrong it wouldn’t be my dad not showing up.
Sign up to rate and review this story