Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

Sick Day

by Carebear_Assassin 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-07-15 - Updated: 2008-07-15 - 606 words

0Unrated
“You feel like telling me what happened?” Gerard asked sitting on the porch swing. I sat down next to him.

“Frank saw Patrick and I kiss,” I explained.

“So you took him back. After he cheated on you with…”

“No, Patrick kissed me. I didn’t kiss him. Then Frank burst in and I told him that it was over,”

“Oh so it’s just a misunderstanding?” he said like it was not big deal.

“Yes and I was trying to catch him so I could tell him…” what was I going to tell him? I honestly don’t know. I mean I knew that I didn’t want him to think I was back with Patrick, but that’s as far as I had thought this through.

“Are you okay? You just stopped talking mid-sentence and stated to stair out into space.”

“I’m fine Gerard, what am I going to do? He looked really pissed.”

“Whatever you do it’ll have to wait ‘till tomorrow,” I looked in the direction that Frank had driven away in. I noticed that my father’s truck wasn’t in the driveway. That means my dad was never here, so he couldn’t have sent Frank up to my room. Frank sent Frank up to my room. “Al I think we should go back inside, its getting cold out here.” I nodded and followed him into the house. I knew they would all want to know what happened. I thought about just telling Erelin and Amanda about it but then everyone would find out any way.

“I’m not back with Patrick,” I announced walking into the basement. I heard them all let out a collective breath.

“Oh well as long as you’re happy,” Amanda said, obviously trying to hide how happy she was about my decision.

I woke up feeling like crap, laterally. My throat was sore and I couldn’t stop coughing. I must not have looked too good either cause Jacob took one look at me and said I was not leaving my bed. I wish I could have gone to school and explained things to Frank.

Instead I spent all day in bed coughing up god knows what. Linda came by and made me soup. I tried calling my mother, she still doesn’t answer all I get is an answering machine and it doesn’t even have her voice on it. I don’t know what to do. She’s never just disappeared like this. She always at least calls, or something. This was getting ridiculous.

Jacob walked in with another tray with soup and tea on it. “Here you go baby girl.”

“Dad, have you heard from Mom?” I asked, I’d never asked out right like this.

“No, I haven’t. I’m sure she’s just waiting for the right time to call you.”

“Why did she send me here?”

“Because she…”

“And please don’t tell me that she was worried about me cause I’m tired of hearing that. If she was worried she would have called by now to check on me. Plus she said she was going to come and see me. Its been almost two months.”

“Lana, baby I’m sure she will. When she’s ready.”

“But dad I’m really worried about her.” he sat down and put his arms around me.

“I’m sure she’s fine. Don’t worry about her okay,” I nodded, “Now eat your soup and drink your tea, then I want you to rest up.” I nodded again and he left me with my own thoughts.
Sign up to rate and review this story