Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

I Screwed Up Again

by Carebear_Assassin 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-07-15 - Updated: 2008-07-15 - 1352 words

2Ambiance
That same night they arrested Mr. Michaels, they said that even if (they stressed the if) he and I were an item. He was still a teacher going out with a student and judging by my breaking a window to escape, it was obviously not consensual.

Yeah we said I broke the window to keep Frank from getting into trouble. I was starting to settle into normalcy again, and it had only been a week. Today Amanda and Erelin were over. They were helping me decorate the basement, which inevitably was going to be the new hangout spot. “Move a little to the right,” I said we were putting down an aerial rug and right now it was slanted.

“How’s this?” Amanda asked moving to the right.

“Perfect. Now what color do you think we should paint it? Or should I let Gerard just go crazy and do what ever he wants with the walls. I mean what he’s doing in my room is awesome.” He was working steadily on it. It was a comic strip where he had me as a super hero. In the strip I beat up a tall blond guy with glasses and then he gets taken away to prison. Life imitating art? I think so. Any way it was awesome and that was just the first two frames. He said he was waiting to see how the story should go in his head before he started on the next box. I didn’t get it but I had told him he could do what he wanted to.

“Maybe first see if he wants to do it.” Erelin said. I was pretty sure he would jump at the chance any way, but I would ask since he was on his way along with the others. Including Frank, it was weird with him and me. It seemed like every time we started to get along something would happen to make us mad at each other. I was just waiting for it to happen this time, I mean we were getting along really well. I was even starting to think that maybe. Just maybe we might be able to take this to the next step.


The doorbell rang and we all headed up to answer it, we knew who it would be. Well at least we thought we knew who it would be. Imagine our surprise to open the door and see Patrick with flowers in hand. “Ally… I was hoping we could talk, last time I was here didn’t seem like the best time.” I took a deep breath. I’d missed him.

“What are you doing here?” Amanda said, stepping in front of me.

“She really doesn’t need you around,” Erelin said.

“She’s never had trouble telling people to go away. If she wants me to leave I will,” they all looked at me expectantly. What should I do?

I stood there trying to figure out what to do. They all wanted me to make a decision. Finally the other guys arrived and he got swept into the house with them. He handed me the flowers and I went into the kitchen and put them into water. Everyone noticed his presence and didn’t like it at all. Frank seemed to give him and me the evil eye every few seconds. The tension was so thick I could taste it.

“Why don’t we start moving the furniture,” I said. Everyone mumbled okay’s and we started. How was I going handle this? My…What was Patrick to me now? What was Frank to me for that matter? I knew that even though Patrick had hurt me, really bad. He also knew me so well. He knew when I just needed to be held. He didn’t even know why I was upset the other day, he just knew I needed him. Frank just yelled at me and told me it was my own fault, but he did apologize and save me the next day.

“Can I talk to you?” Patrick whispered so the others couldn’t hear although all of them were watching him like a hawk. I just nodded.

“We are going to be in my room, don’t tell my dad,” I said. I led him to my room and sat down on the bed.

“Ally I wanted to talk to you about what happened with me and Cleo. I think you should know that I was so drunk that I didn’t even remember until the next day. I swear we hadn’t done anything before or after that and the only reason you even heard us talking was because she was talking about telling you. She thought we were going to be together, but I knew I wanted to be with you…”

“So you weren’t even going to tell me?” I said getting a little mad. He looked at his hands.

“No, I wasn’t. I figured you would never have to know. I knew you would hate her and me. I know how close the two of you were, I also thought you would hate me more than you hated her,”

“You thought I would choose her over you?” I said a little surprised, I’d always chosen him over her.

“Yes, I mean… I just didn’t want to lose you,”

“The best way not to lose me would have been to not cheat on me with my best friend,” I said, “Patrick why are you here? Don’t you have something to do with the guys?”

“They don’t talk to me anymore, I mean I’m still in the band but they are all pissed at me cause of what I did. I came here because I want you back.” I looked at him was he serious? Why should I trust him now?

“What makes you think that you won’t just cheat on me again? I mean I’m not moving back anytime soon, we will still be an hour away from each other.” I reasoned.

“Cause I don’t think I could take losing you again,” then he leaned in and kissed me, a sweet soft kiss, one that was begging me to forgive him. Then the door burst open. We pulled away. I realized that even though that kiss was nice it didn’t do a thing for me, not a shiver, nothing extraordinary.

“Your dad said no boys in your room,” Frank said. He looked once again pissed and he didn’t wait for us to follow either. I got up, I had to tell him that what he saw wasn’t what he thought it was.

“Alana,” Patrick said coming up behind me. I turned and looked him in the eyes.

“I can’t Patrick. I’ll tell the guys to lighten up on you, but that’s all I can do. You and me…” he just nodded.

“Thank you,” he said.

“For what?” I hadn’t done anything for him to thank me.

“You made them let me back into the band. I know even though they didn’t tell me, you’re the only one other than Pete who realizes how much music means to me.” I gave him a hug.

“I’ll walk you out okay,” I said.

“No, you go find Frank,” I gave him a quizzical look, “I’m not stupid,” he gave a sad smile and I walked away. Now to find Frank, I ran down the steps and into the basement. Everyone gave me mad looks I didn’t care though.

“Where’s Frank?” I asked.

“He left,” Gerard said, I turned and ran back upstairs for the front door hoping to catch him. As I ran out onto the porch he was driving out of the driveway. Gerard joined me on the porch.

“Where did he go?” I asked.

“I don’t know, he probably won’t turn up until school tomorrow,” I screwed up again.

********************

Thanks for your reviews and rateing. i smiled everytime i get a new one.
Sign up to rate and review this story