Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

Lies

by Carebear_Assassin 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-07-16 - Updated: 2008-07-17 - 958 words

0Unrated
I cried through the rest of lunch in the girls room. I don’t think it would have hurt so much if it weren’t with her. Of all people why her? When the bell rang I threw some water on my face and headed to PE. I kept my head down and let the class go by, I didn’t not try, but I didn’t put much effort into it either. I just wanted today to be over.

“Lana?” Amanda said cautiously, we were changing after class.

“Yeah,” I said with little to no emotion.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“I’m fine, and Erelin if you ask me if I’m sure. I’m going to hurt you,” I just need to make it though math. It was only about 45 minutes long. The only problem is that Frank is going to be there, the whole time.

I walked into the class room and was greeted by a new teacher, she was younger maybe in her late twenties or early thirties. She had black, and bright blue eyes. “Hello I’m Miss. Murphy, you can take your seat any where. I don’t assign them.” I said thank you and sat on the opposite side of the room than Frank. I refused to look in his direction during the whole class. Finally the bell rang, I gathered all of my make up work and headed out front. Then I remembered that Frank has been my ride home since I started school here. I spotted Gerard driving by and flagged him down.

“Hey Al, do you need a ride home?” he said knowingly.

“Thanks Gee,” I said opening the door to his Honda Civic and sliding into the front seat. Mikey and Erelin sat cuddling in the back. “Hi guys,” I said.

“Hey are you…” Erelin put her hand over Mikey’s mouth before he could finish the question.

“You really don’t want to ask her that,” she gave me a sorry smile and Gerard drove off in the direction of my house. When we arrived there was a cop car in the drive way. I jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped and rushed into the house.

“Dad!” I yelled as made my way into the living room. Gerard and the others followed closely behind me. I saw my dad sitting on the couch, a cop sitting next to him. I could tell he had been crying. “Dad,” I had a bad feeling. Like I already knew what he was going to say. He stood up and pulled me into his arms. “Dad, is she…” I couldn’t finish my sentence.

“Honey, your mother. She…her body was found in her car.” my legs gave out, and Jacob caught me inches from the ground. Tears fell freely. I wanted to ask how, I wanted to know the details but I couldn’t speak.

I sat on the couch trying to digest what I was being told. My mother had been killed. They had already had my father identify the body so I wouldn’t have to. They didn’t have any suspects. As far as I knew my mother didn’t have any enemies, she wasn’t dating anyone. I told them what I did know. She was working two different jobs. One was at this rusty spoon diner she was a waitress. The other one I’m sorry to say was that she was a stripper. I didn’t look at any of my new friends when I said this. It wasn’t something I was proud of, but it was the truth. I’m pretty sure my mother didn’t know I knew. I realized that my father didn’t know either when he looked at me.

“I didn’t want to tell you dad, I’m sorry,”

“It’s okay baby,”

“But, I still don’t understand why she sent me away. I could have looked out for her.” my father looked around the room.

“Can you all give us a second I have to talk to my daughter,” Everyone left us alone. I took a deep breath, hoping that the news wouldn’t be too bad. “When you were eight, your mother and I got divorced. What you didn’t know was that we also had a horrible custody battle over you. Your mother lost,”

“But I’ve been with her since you two split,” I said.

“She ran with you, I couldn’t find you. She would send you the occasional email and say it was from me, but I didn’t know where you were.” He was lying, he’s saying that my own mother kidnapped me. She wouldn’t do that.

“Stop, you could just tell me the truth. If she took me, then why did she bring me back here?”

“We found her and you a week before you moved here. We both agreed that it would be best if you didn’t know about this, she was supposed to turn herself in after she left here. Instead she disappeared. I didn’t tell you cause…”

“I don’t want to hear anymore of these lies, I’m going to my room.” I left him there and ran past all my friends. They all had worried looks on their faces. I didn’t stop to explain I just went strait to my room. I collapsed onto my bed and cried into my pillow. I don’t know when or how, but soon I was in someone’s arms. I let the familiar smell of cigarettes and leather comfort.

“It’s okay sugar,” I heard, as I drifted off to sleep in Gerard’s arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story