Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

Drink The Pain Away

by Carebear_Assassin 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-07-17 - Updated: 2008-07-17 - 996 words

0Unrated
The funeral was a sad affair. The only people there were my friends and my father. That was a week ago. I can tell everyone is still worried about me, but I can’t bring myself to talk to anyone. Not my father, or any of my friends. Accept for Gerard, I don’t know why. It just works talking to him just works. I have learned to ignore Frank all together, I don’t each lunch in the cafeteria any more so I barely ever see him. He’s tried to talk to me a couple of times, but I don’t let him finish more than one sentence before I walk away.

I lay in my bed, trying to think of something to pass the time until time for bed. I couldn’t stand to be in this house anymore. It felt like I was living someone else’s life. I needed to get back to my old life. I knew just how to do it too. I got up and called Pete’s number. “Ally?” he said like he was surprised to hear from me.

“Pete, hey.” I said.

“What’s up, I was sorry to hear about your mother. I was at the funeral but I didn’t think it was a time to do anymore than give you a quick hug…”

“That’s fine,” I said interrupting him. I didn’t want to think about that anymore. “What are you guys up to tonight?”

“We got a gig in PA why?”

“Can you come an get me on the way?” I asked. “I really need to relax,”

“Sure I’ll be there in about an hour okay,”

“Thanks,” I said, “I’ll see you in a few,” I hung up after he said goodbye and ran upstairs to get dressed. I just needed one minute to forget about my Mom, about Frank, about everything.

I ran out the front door when Pete’s sister’s pink hatchback pulled in front of my house. I jumped into the passenger’s side seat. “Thanks for doing this Pete, I really appreciate it.” I said as he drove out of my driveway. It was a long ride. Pete talked most of the way. I just nodded and agreed with most of what he was saying. When we arrived I bought a ticket. I wasn’t in the mood to be a merch girl tonight. I made my way to the bar, something I really never did before, but this was different. I needed to be sure to forget about everything that was happening around me, I knew of only one way to guarantee that and that was with liquor. I got a rum and coke, the bar tender didn’t ask for ID or anything. The first band came on and I listened to them play their set. I didn’t feel better yet though, so I ordered another drink.

“Ally what’s up?” Andy said coming over to me. I hid my drink behind my back.

“Nothing, just listening to the music.” I said.

“Are you okay, I saw you at the funeral,” did he have to bring that up? “I’m real sorry about your mom,”

“Thanks,” I said. “Don’t you have to go set up your drum kit, you know no one can do it right but you.” I said knowing that was his weakness.

“Yeah you’re right. I’ll see you after the show right,” I nodded as he walked away and downed the rest of my drink while ordering another.

After a while I lost count of how many drinks I had, but I wasn’t feeling anything anymore. I liked that feeling. I wondered how long it would last. I made my way up to the barricade as Patrick and the guys took the stage. They started playing, I couldn’t tell you the song. I started dancing. Patrick touched my hand a couple of times causing the crowd to surge forward crushing me against the barricade. Suddenly my stomach wasn’t feeling too well. I took deep breaths, hoping the nausea would go away. Patrick sang the last notes of the last song and I pushed my way through the crowd to get to the bathroom. I was almost there when I ran smack dab into Patrick. He grabbed my hand and took me out back. “Ally what the hell are you doing?” he yelled. I opened my mouth to say, lord knows what and instead emptied the contents of my stomach on the ground in the ally.

He moved so that he could hold my hair for me and made a phone call. I had no clue who he was calling. I really didn’t care. He took me back inside and pulled out a small bottle of mouthwash he always kept handy. I took a swig and washed the taste of vomit out of my mouth. He took me over to the bar and told the threatened the bartender telling him not to give me anything but water. I couldn’t sit up strait long enough to drink anything else anyway. I lay my head on the bar and let my eyes close. Then I felt someone pick me up, I heard a familiar voice say. “I’m going to take you home okay,” I nodded opening my eyes. He took my arm and wrapped it around his neck, helping me stand. He wasn’t too much taller than me, that was good. He helped me into his car and put my seat belt on me.

“Don’t take me home, Jacob is going to be mad at me,”

“He’s worried sick, he’s been calling everyone trying to figure out where you are.” He said I could hear a little bit of anger in his voice. My eyes started to tear up.

“Please Frank,” I said. He nodded and kept driving.
Sign up to rate and review this story