Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

Behind the Red Door

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-07-22 - Updated: 2008-07-23 - 1479 words - Complete

0Unrated
After a half hour the man strode up to the girls table, holding two drinks.

“Hi my name is Chris, and you two lovely ladies are?”

“I’m Kelsey Skakel, and before you ask, he’s my cousin.” Her cousin was convicted of murdering the girl next door but wasn’t convicted until almost thirty years later. “This is my best friend Madison Trenton.”

“Maybe I shouldn’t be standing next to two of America’s princesses.”

Madison rolled her eyes, but Kelsey was eating it all up.

“Would you like to dance Kelsey?” asked Chris.

“You don’t mind do you?” Kelsey asked Madison.

“Go right ahead.”

After a few songs they came back all sweaty. “You haven’t touched your drink Madison.”

“I don’t take drinks from strangers.”

“Fine I’ll have it.” Chris drank the drink he got in three gulps.

“Don’t mind her she’s pining over her boyfriend. He’s a famous drummer you know.”

“Kelsy please, I’m sure Chris doesn’t want to know about my love life.”

“You’re right. You have a right to privacy just as much as the next human being.”

“Thank you.”

“No sweat. Let me buy you another drink I’m a decent guy and I’m not trying to pick you girls up. I’m new around here and I was just looking for some friends. Actually I was going to meet someone I met earlier today when my car broke down. I’ll leave you girls alone.”

“You have girl in this place checking you out, why us?”

“Because you weren’t.”

“Chris I’m sorry I just let my guard a couple of times and got really burnt. Funny they were friends, maybe strangers aren’t so bad.”

“Why would anyone want to do anything bad to either of you girls I’ll never know. So Kelsey up for another dance?”

“Sure.”

Madison watched as her friend and Chris danced. He was pretty cool, she thought, she liked the fact that he didn’t try anything with Kelsey and when there was a slow dance he brought her back to the table.

As Kelsey and Chris were dancing another song she never recognized who walks in but Dave.

Kelsey gave a little wave to her boyfriend, Dave turned to Madison, “So I see you’ve met Chris.”

“You know him.”

“Not really I met him when I gave him a ride because his car broke down. He’s a pretty cool dude. Since you guys were going out and he was new to the area I thought it would be fun to hang with him. Now that we’re all here we can hang out together, if it’s all right with you.”

“Sure.”

“Hey Dave,” said Chris.

“I’ve seen you met my girlfriend, Kelsey.”

“Oh my god, I hope you don’t think I was trying to pick her up we were just dancing.”

“Don’t worry about it I can see that.”

“Thank god I don’t want to get in trouble with the first friend I made.”

“It’s cool, besides it saves me the chore of having to dance with her.”

Kelsey hit Dave’s arm. “C’mon Chris,” and dragged him to the dance floor.
The reporter from the press conference sat at the bar watching the table so far it looked like four friends having drinks. ‘Gadsen had better be right about this,’ he thought.

An hour later Dave was in the bathroom and Madison and Kelsey were on the dance floor. Chris took the opportunity to pour a liquid in Madison’s drink. The song finished and they made their way to the table, Dave had gotten back a few seconds earlier.

“I got new drinks ladies,” smiled Chris. I’m just going to the men’s room.

Chris smiled as he walked away. He was hoping by the time he got back he drug would take affect and he would soon be making out with Madison maybe more. He was getting excited at the thought of it all.

“All night you’ve been drinking this, what is it?” asked Kelsey

“A sparkling peach martini, have some.”

Kelsey had a sip, “Oh my god this is so good. You don’t mind if I finish it, do you?”

“Nah I’ll just get another.”

Madison made her way to the bar and finally got to order her drink, by the time she got back to the table. Kelsey had finished the drink and was all over Dave.

“I think you two better get a room,” smiled Madison.

Then she watched in horror as her friend started losing control of herself. She started walking drunkenly to the door.

“What’s up with her?” asked Chris when he came back.

“No idea,” answered Madison.

Dave ran to his girlfriend and held her up.

“I think I’m going to get sick,” said Kelsey looking at Dave.

Dave took her outside followed by Madison and Chris. She lost the contents of her stomach by a bush. Then she passed out in Dave’s arms.

“Someone call 9-1-1,” screamed Dave.

Madison called while they waited Kelsey started convulsing and Dave cried as he held her. Finally the ambulance showed up. They took her lifeless body away with sirens blasting.

Dave headed to his car and Madison stopped him. “You’re in no condition to drive.”

“What happened to her? One minute we were making out all hot and heavy and next she’s passed out in my arms?”

“I don’t know, but she’ll be okay.”

“I hope so I really care about her.”

“I can tell. What happened to Chris?”

Chris made his way into the club cursing at himself the wrong girl took the drug. Not only that, she drank it so fast that her body was having a bad reaction to it. ‘This is so fucked up,’ he thought. Then another thought entered his mind what the fuck was Mark going to do. He wanted pictures of Madison cheating on Bob not only that he wanted it to be all over the news. He knew he was in deep shit now.

Madison and Dave got to the emergency room and told the triage nurse who they were. She sent them behind the double doors where the patients were.

When they got there Kelsey was barely awake. But at least she was conscious. Dave went over and took her hand.

“Were you with her tonight?” the doctor asked both of them.

Dave answered, “Yeah. Is she going to be okay?”

“Yeah she’s going to be fine. She just needs to sleep off what she took. What did she take by the way?”

“Nothing.”

“Are you sure?”

“I was with her almost the whole night, yeah I’m sure,” said Dave defiantly.

“I was with her the whole night and we just had a few drinks. Like three each. Honestly.”

“It looks like she’d taken something.”

“The girl hates taking anything,” said Madison, “and I don’t like what you are implying?”

“Did you girls ever leave your drinks alone?” asked the doctor.

“No. Someone was always watching them.”

“If it’s what I think it is then it’s a fast acting drug. Did someone you don’t know well order drinks for you?”

“Chris ordered the last round,” sighed Dave. “He conveniently disappeared afterwards.”

Madison started shaking as she looked at her friend, “It should have been me,” she whispered. She then turned to the doctor. “Is she going to be okay?”

“Yeah. Her body did the best thing. Rejected it. She’ll have traces in her blood stream but she should be fine. We’re just gonna keep her for a few hours for a few hours.”

“Dave?” Kelsey said quietly.

“Madison and I are right here,” he said as he brushed her hair off her forehead.

“I’m sorry I spoiled the night.”

He looked down and smiled at her, “Don’t worry about it hon, just rest. Madison and I are going to go out and get some fresh air.”

Dave kissed her on the cheek and walked Madison out the door. “Are you okay?”

“I can’t believe this happened and it’s my fault.”

“Stop it. That guy came prepared. He was going after someone tonight. He saw you and recognized you from earlier and thought you were an easy target.”

“I should have never gone out tonight.”

“You of all people deserved a night out; it was pretty brave what you did earlier. We’re proud of you.”

“Thanks,” smiled Madison.

“Why don’t you go call that boyfriend of yours?”

“I think I’ll do that, I just hope he’s awake.” The question was how much was she going to tell him.
Sign up to rate and review this story