Harry tries to rescue Daphne in front of the Wizengamot
- Absolutely awesome! I knew that Harry's solution would have something to do with the contract, but I never thought in terms of him committing fraud and lying to do it. I just thought he had a loophole. We all tend to think in terms of Harry as being so honorable and that just is not how we think of him.
It is not, however, out of character. Both his saving-people thing and his tendency to do whatever it takes to protect his friends would be very much in line with his actions here. We just didn't see it coming. I love it.
I also very much like how the Count and the sperm donor were handled. If Daphne were my girlfriend, I cannot say I wouldn't have done my level best to make their death as painful as possible, but then, I'm not Harry. Both Harry and Moody are Light warriors, and torturing their enemies would be out of character for them. the euthanasia of rabid dogs, on the other hand, like Tom, the count, and the sperm donor, is very in character.
Thanks for writing for us, Clell. I, for one, appreciate the gift.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2008-07-24 12:32:01 AMYou didn't need to justify your previous updates, and you certainly don't have to justify this one. I actually think the rape(s) in this story mean more to the way the world is seen than nearly any other rape I've read in fanfiction, and unfortunately, I've read a lot.
Looking forward to more.
(#) jabarber69 2008-07-24 01:24:56 AMHey that was excellent way to go harry! just so you know (and I'm not blaming you, just my temper) but your last chapter pissed me off so much that I walked into the next room and kicked a door that had been left open breaking 3 toes on my right foot! there slowly mending, I wouldnt advise anyone to do that, ever!
(#) youngdosha31 2008-07-24 02:48:52 AMKeep em comin... This Fic is one of three Fics I consider the best being written right now on FicWad(In the Harry Potter Catagory)
Please keep updating. I like what your doing with the story and it's a Harry/Daphne pairing,you can't go wrong with that.
- Very well done, Clell. Harry lets out his inner Slytherin and Moody demonstrates exactly why so many Dark Wizards fear the very mention of his name.
I particularly enjoyed the mechanics of Harry's plan. For something that he very obviously threw together on the fly, it worked remarkably well. It wasn't a perfect plan by any means (as Tracey pointed out). However, it covered most of the bases that they could reasonably expect to be exposed.
After grinding the Greengrass family into the dirt (and Cyrus' subsequent unfortunate 'accident', which everyone will blame on Harry), I think that the Potters won't have any serious problems from the Dark- and neutral-aligned for the rest of the school year. Dumbledore and the Weasleys on the other hand...? Well, I know that you're determined not to dwell on them any further, but I can well imagine Ginny, Ron and Molly's reaction to the events in the Wizegmont:
Ginny: "He can't have married that... snake ! He's mine!"
Ron: "I knew it! He's gone Dark!"
Molly: "That poor child! Albus must do something to help him!"
So? What next? Most of the plot points are wrapped up but I can see the value of a final epilogue to let us know where everything is going. There is also the question of whether Neville and Tracey are thinking of entering a 'business relationship' (most real-life noble arranged marriages were essentially of that nature - love came later, if ever). I'll be watching out for what you do next.
BenRG's Rating: 8.5/10
Author's response- Moody is a good character to call on when you need dirty deeds done...
- I think Harry would be the first to tell you that his plan was a crappy plan indeed. But it was marginally better than plan 'B'.
- I don't think that the significance of what happened to Clan Greengrass will escape too many of the more intelligent purebloods.
- I hadn't really considered reaction of the Weasleys... Hmm.
- Well, Harry and Daphne have to learn to live together, and of course Harry now has a crusade to make sure what almost happened to Daphne never happens again...
- I really liked this chapter. It came out well and the fight in the Wizengamot was very well done. As for Harry and Daphne...well, I'm an unrepentant HHr shipper, so I always want them together...but that can't be forced on YOU.
I'm going to keep reading (and I know, enjoying) this story and I look forward to seeing where you take the story-line. BTW - great bit about Moody killing Daphne's father. That was excellent.