Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Call Us Cute

Don't Call Us Cute

by Lithium 3 reviews

The punk trio Don’t Call Us Cute experienced the fast-track to fame early, but as they commence a summer long tour as My Chemical Romance’s support the question still remains: is Delilah ready ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-06 - Updated: 2008-07-06 - 669 words

-1TrainWreck
Welcome Back folks! Now I have some special guests waiting for you all right over there on our couch... It's their first time on the show for these youngsters, so show some appreciation for the trio from Don't Call Us Cute!"

As the host walked towards Jacob, Liam, and I my adrenaline began to pump with the cheers of the live audience; sure, we'd been preforming together for a couple of years now but it still got me.

"Hey guys, now from what I hear you've just had a pretty exciting tour and you're getting geared up for another?" He asked, sitting down in an armchair off to the left of our sofa.

"Yeah," Liam said -always the front man. "Ah, we've been touring with the guys from Plus 44 for the last two weeks, and in like a week we're heading out with My Chem for the summer."

Steve waited for the scattered fan-girl screams to die down before continuing. "Awesome, definitely pretty action packed. And you guys are still kids right?"

"Well personally, and I think I'm speaking for Liam too here, I don't appreciate the term kid. We can both vote, be sent to prison, and all that guff." Jacob replied, taking the reigns this time around.

"So how bout you Delilah?" Steve continued with a chuckle.

I almost startled at being asked a question, but for once my quick tongue saved the day. "I prefer the term irresponsible almost-adult."

He had to pause to let the audience have a giggle. "But it's true you're only sixteen, right?"

"Yeah, I suppose its kinda young for all this shit, but I've got my boys to hold my back." I replied honestly, making him take a moment before continuing.

"So tell me guys, what's the journey been like so far, and how'd you get here?"

"A shit load of practice and buckets of being at the right gig at the right time." Liam Replied.

"Yeah, we got scooped up by a scout doing a gig in Jersey and it's been rolling ever since." Jacob followed on.

They turned on me, waiting for my response. "A total sensory feast short of magic mushrooms being taped under our seats," I concluded with a laugh from the entire studio.

"Well it certainly sounds like a wild ride," Steve replied half seriously. "But before we introduce you guys to the stage, one final question: what's with the name?"

"Her!" The two boys accused simultaneously, pointing in my direction.

I raised my hands to defend myself. "We were young, and a lot of people think a fourteen year old girl trying to give it a go in a punk eat emo world is cute."

Once more the whole crowd laughed as I punched Jacob who was giggling beside me.

"Well, there you have it guys: Don't Call Us Cute. Hang on to your seats and after the break we'll have this dynamic trio live on stage." Steve concluded speaking straight to a camera to the left, before one of the men in black waved an arm, and the whole room relaxed. "That was great guys; I don't get many new bands who settle into the whole thing so easily."

"He'd be unfazed by a meteor crashing through the window and she's an attention whore," Liam replied, motioning to Jacob and me respectively.

Steve chuckled once more. "So, all ready to take the stage."

"Sure," all three of us replied together, now completely relaxed despite the audience watching our every move.

"Good luck," He wished, as we got up and headed towards our equipment.

I slipped behind my keyboard, fondly named Shoosh, and struck a couple of noted to check the amp. Liam slung his guitar over his shoulder and strummed whilst wandering over to the microphone and Jacob tapped out a simple rhythm on his kit.

As one of the crew held up a hand and started the count back from five seconds Liam turned to us with a grin, "Let's rock their world."
Sign up to rate and review this story