Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Call Us Cute

Roll On

by Lithium 0 reviews

Hitting the road... Time to avoid the potholes?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-24 - Updated: 2008-07-24 - 698 words

0Unrated
"Come on Jay," I huffed from my position sprawled across his couch. "You take longer to pack than me, and I'm a girl."

"Lilah, you lost your girl status when you beat up Conner Wilson in grade three for stealing your pink Power Ranger," Jacob replied, throwing the jeans he was currently holding at my head rather than the suitcase.

"So how come every time I want to join in on your guy stuff I can't? Or how come every time I wanna go out without you I can't 'because I'm a girl'?" I questioned, pealing the jeans from my face and looking accusingly toward the boy.

"Duh, because you are a girl?" He retorted simply.

"You just said I lost my girl status year ago?"

"Girl STATUS. You're still a girl Lilah," He smirked, shoving clothing into a duffel bag. "Then again, when was it a guy last checked?"

"And you're still a git," I retorted, screwing my nose up at my band mate. Just because you love people doesn't mean you're required to like them.

"Still squabbling munchkins?" Liam questioned, breezing into the room with two cups of coffee.

"It's not my fault Jay is a prick," I defended, taking the offered coffee mug and raising it to my lips as I sent the drummer a look of fake disdain.

"And it's not my fault Lilah hasn't been laid since the precious boyfriend jumped ship," Jacob retorted, skilfully dodging the pillow I chucked toward his head.

"Children, children... Stop your arguing, get your asses into a gear other than neutral, and remember that within the day you will officially be touring with My Chemical Romance -le super stars of rock. And finally: keep in mind, a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age." Liam conclude with a flourish. Did I mention he was a master of stagecraft?

"Inspiring Lee, truly," Jacob mocked, grinning as he shoved the last of his items into the duffel bag and straightened triumphantly. "Hit the road Jack?"

"And don't you come back!" I chorused jumping to a standing position upon the bed, narrowly missing spilling my coffee.

"No more, no more, no more, no more!" Jacob continued, as Liam smiled at our antics. He was definitely the maturity component of the trio.

"A hand my lady?" Liam asked, beckoning me to the edge of the bed. As I moved forward he snagged my waist and tipped me over his shoulder, heading from the room.

"Watch the coffee!" I shrieked, watching Jacob laugh at my expense as he followed the progression.

"Like you need to be any more hyperactive," my kidnapper replied, as we descended down the stairs. It wasn't until we reached the landing that we were halted.

"Now you kids be careful," Leanne, Jacob's mother, warned us as she blocked our path to the front door.

"We're always careful Leanne," I claimed from behind Liam's back. "Remember the time with the tree house? That was careful."

"You know full well that wasn't miss, and this is no kidding matter," the woman continued to lecture. "You lot are going to be on your own for a month and god knows what could go wrong!"

"We can handle it Mum," Jacob piped up, patting his mother on the shoulder. "We've got each other's backs and we know that if we get into trouble you'd be more than happy to wire us money."

"Just be careful," she huffed in defeat, hugging her son tightly. "I love you kids."

"We love you too Leanne," Liam and I chorused as he moved toward the front door.

"And we'll keep in contact," I added.

"Bye Mum," Jacob finalised, as we all headed out the door and finally pilled into our beloved van.

"You had to start her, didn't you?" Jacob accused as soon as we'd all shut the doors.

"Couldn't help it," I replied, gulping down the remains of my coffee. "On the bright side, I also stole one of your mugs!"

"You're insufferable," he replied, as Liam pulled the van from the curb.

"And you have to suffer me for a whole month," I grinned back, buckling my seatbelt.
Sign up to rate and review this story