Categories > Original > Fantasy > Gella/Ett

Not Quite Traitor

by DesdemonaIero 0 reviews

continuation of Gella/Ett.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-07-26 - Updated: 2008-07-26 - 515 words

0Unrated
"How does that make me a traitor?!?" Lucifer snapped.
"What happened?" Rain asked.
"Well," Jasper said. "He started out helping us."
"I was returning the favor." Lucifer muttered.
"We were running along the path outside, trying to find the shoreline. We went around a turn, and came face to face with a dragon. This sissy, instead of trying to fight, just teleported out and left us to face it. It scratched me on the eye, but we managed to get away."
“I had returned the favor. I could’ve left at any time.”
Fen held up the crossbow again. “Then why didn’t you?”
“Fen,” Jasper said, “you don’t need to shoot him.”
“Jazz,” she replied, “he’s the reason you have one eye!”
“I still have two, and actually the scarred one sees better.”
“What?” all but Jasper asked. No one had mentioned this before.
“Well,” he explained, “this eye has qualities similar to a dragon eye, right?” Fen nodded. “It does. It also sees like a dragon eye. It can see body heat, and sense things miles away. It’s actually quite useful.”
“So,” Fen said, “by leaving us to fight the dragon, he actually helped us?”
“Yes.”
“And,” Rain said, “If you did try to shoot him, I’d probably just stop you again.”
Fen lowered the crossbow. “Why?”
“Because,” Rain replied, “He helped me get out of that cell.” She gestured to the melted bars.”
“What I’m still wondering,” Jasper said, “Is why he had to melt the bars. Couldn’t you have just teleported out?”
“There’s something about this place,” Lucifer answered, “It prevents me from teleporting.”
“That’s odd,” Fen said, “You teleported fine the last time we were here.”
“That was on the surface. Down here, there’s something weird in the air. It won’t burn, so I can’t teleport.”
“It won’t burn?” Jasper asked.
“You used to work here,” Lucifer snapped. “Shouldn’t you know what it is?”
“No,” Jasper replied, “It wasn’t here then. I worked here over 5 years ago, and I don’t think they’d celebrate much if I was back, even if I was captive or dead.”
Rain was looking down the corridor nervously. “Um, guys . . . . .” She said.
“Well, don’t you remember?” Lucifer almost yelled. “I said they knew you were here!”
“G-guys . . . “Rain stammered.
“I’m sorry!” Now they were both shouting. “I don’t listen to idiotic demons!”
“Who are you calling idiotic?”
“Hey!” Rain shouted. “Listen to me!” They all turned towards her, surprised.
“What?” Lucifer said.
“There’s a Feeder coming down the hall!”
Jasper turned and looked down the hall. “She’s right. Why didn’t you say it sooner?”
“I tried!” She said. “You two were two busy fighting!”
“She’s right, you know,” Fen said.
Jasper turned and started walking. “We need to get out of here. If they know our location, it’ll be harder to find Rain’s parents and get out of here.”
They hurriedly followed Jasper down the corridor, away from the approaching Feeder.
Sign up to rate and review this story