Categories > Original > Fantasy > Gella/Ett

A Deal

by DesdemonaIero 0 reviews

The next chapter of my story. I can't think of a way to describe what happens.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-06-03 - Updated: 2008-06-03 - 611 words

0Unrated
"Wait!" Rain stepped in front of the demon.
"Rain,"Fen said,"this is the demon that tried to kill you, remember?"
"He broke me out of my cell." She pointed to the melted bars.
"He did?" She looked between Rain and the demon, slightly confused. "Why'd he do that? Demons aren't very big on helping people."
"They are big on returning favors, though," the demon said. "She helped me get out of my cell, so I helped her get out of hers."
"Ah."Fen said, like that explained everything. "I heard they weren't big on favors."
He shrugged. "Not on giving favors, just returning them. And now, I'm leaving this place." He turned and walked away from them.
"Wait a second!" Rain shouted. He stopped.
"What?" everyone but Rain asked.
"He said they're big on returning favors."
"Yeah," he muttered. "I repaid you for the favor, so I'm leaving." He turned to walk away again.
"But I just saved your life, so don't you owe me for that?"
"That does make sense," Jasper said.
"Yes, it does," The demon said, still walking, "but at the moment your life's not exactly in danger, is it?"
Fen jumped in. "But if you walk off, how will you know when it is?" He cursed under his breath. She smiled. "I also heard that demons like to try to weasel out of things."
"I wasn't trying to weasel out, I just don't like you people." He pointed to Jasper. "Especially him. He's the traitor. They know he's here. They're searching all over for him. If he gets caught, I go back in a cell, or worse."
Fen's smile faded. "They know he's here?"
"Yeah, I heard them talking earlier. They said the dragons wouldn't only get his eye this time."
She turned to Jasper. "We have to get out of here!"
"No," Jasper said, "we're not leaving yet."
"What? Jazz, didn't you hear? They're going to kill you!"
"I told you not to call me that. I can deal with them, and I'll be fine. Right now we need to do what we came here to do. We're going to see if Rain's parents are okay, and if they are, we'll break them out and then we'll all leave."
"What about him?" She gestured to the demon.
"You know," the demon said, "I have a name."
"Well we're not exactly in the place for formal introductions!" Jasper snapped.
"I'd like to know." Everyone turned to look at Rain. "It's easier to talk to people when you know their names."
"Rain," Fen said,"This is a demon. Who cares what his name is? Demons are all the same. Most are named after some evil figure from something. I bet he'll say it's the name of some demon from religion or some-"
He interrupted angrily. "It's Lucifer."
"See? I told you-"
"Wait," Jasper said. "That's actually a very rare name for a demon. There's few in the whole world named that."
"Only one, actually."
"You can't be. There was a Lucifer a couple years ago, famous for setting fire to almost everything."
"Called the Burner. First demon to travel by flame. That was 10 years ago, and just so you know, also the only demon with blood-red eyes. It's been a while, Jazz."
"Wish it were longer."
Fen was looking between the two, surprised. "You know him?"
"Yeah," Jasper replied, "and you should remember, too. The only one in the dark about this is Rain. He helped us escape, remember?"
"Huh. Now I remember. He should be the one called traitor."
"Why?" Rain asked.
"Because," Jasper answered, "he's the reason I got this scar in the first place."
Sign up to rate and review this story