Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Hidden Love

Chapter three

by T-A-R21 0 reviews

Let's see... water, renji, and some funny moments.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji - Published: 2006-03-01 - Updated: 2006-03-02 - 2066 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER THREE


A solitary tear had slowly escaped her eye from all the laughing, tickling her cheek. She came to wipe it off, but was surprised to have found someone else's warmth on her face doing the motion for her. She slowly opened her eyes, only to be gazing at a very concentrated Renji. She closed her eyes without protest allowing him to finish the series of motions he had undertaken, taking a deep breath to enjoy this moment of tenderness that was so much out of character coming from him.

He wanted to get that tear off her face feeling that it did not belong there, that it was a sin for her eyes to let out such things. He found her most beautiful when she brought forth her strength, not that he considered this a weakness-----she was probably stronger than he was on so many different levels. But right now he was craving for her happiness. And only once all evidence of her tear had been eliminated, did he allow himself to shift his focus from her cheek to her eyes.

Rukia reopened her eyes when his hand abandoned her face, somewhat sad that it did not last longer. Now, they were both staring into each others eyes intensely. She was puzzled on the way he was looking at her, he appeared to be searching for something within her and she wondered what that might be, doubting she had anything worth his interest.

She was right about his searching, but was dead wrong about her not having anything of worth.

He was searching for a hint of love, a softness that would only belong to him, that was his and no one else's, not a type of love that is easily given away, no, he wanted the one love that could alter ones life, allowing endless possibilities, a love that many had died protecting and a remote few had succeeded in finding. He ultimately ended his search when he noticed that the expression on her face had become that of worry, attributing it to him spacing out.

Secretly, even perhaps from herself, she had wished numerous and countless times that he would tell her that over the years his feelings for her had changed, that their friendship was no longer enough and that he wanted more. As she was wishing it, his face started moving towards hers, for a second, it seemed that all her dreams and wishes were about to come into fruition, their lips were almost connected, when he instead went for her ear whispering hesitantly to her:



"Y-You know Rukia ...you smell kinda awful."

"Soka... Now will you please get off of me." Saying this in the coldest and most emotionless fashion, a demeanour surely borrowed from Byakuya-sama, while pushing him off to break free.


"What the hell ...was meant to make her laugh, goddammit!" he thought, realising he had somehow done something unforgivable, "Damn those women and their complicated thought process." still feeling somewhat guilty for triggering this change.

"What's wrong with me?" Feeling so transparent and angry at her self to have wanted such an intimate embrace from him, and feeling so disappointed when she realised this was a one-sided wish. She left him standing there perplexed, and pondering on what had just happened. She felt a shameful yet vengeful satisfaction when she saw the sad expression on his face caused by her unusual behaviour.

He watched has she headed for the pond, and once there, turned around, hand on hip and glared at him. He could see she was still angry, but the pose she had, meant "do you mind beating it." So without a word he simply went on his merry way, finding a large branch in a nearby tree to sit on and clear his mind.

She waited until he was perfectly settled, facing in the opposite direction before removing her clothing to take a soothing bath in the pond, still whispering insults and replaying little torture scenes in her mind, with him as the main character. She dipped her toes in the water testing the temperature before venturing into it slowly and carefully lest should she slip on a rock. But even with all her attention poured into not slipping, once her foot landed on a slimy rock, sure enough she fell in.

Renji upon hearing the splash turned to look (only out of concern...perverts...ok he wanted a peak too, HAPPY.) At this moment he realised how much her physique had changed. "Damn, those robes really hide her curves." He thought, now staring at her, jaw dropped, eyes popping out at the wonderful sight. He admired her smooth skin, "her skin must feel like silky rose petals" His analogy surprised him not because he couldn't be poetic and stuff but because it sounded like something Kyouraku Taichou, of the eight division might say. Afraid of becoming like that man, he made a mental note to maybe throw out that pink robe of his if he ever returned to Seireitei. Once the robe issue settled, he concentrated on a more important thing-----naked Rukia. Even though his subconscious was begging his mind to stop staring, knowing that if she was to notice the intrusion on her privacy she would kill him, it fell to deaf ears. His mind was not paying attention; it was busy admiring her and did not want to be bothered with such trivial things as death.

At first he could only see her back. She was standing, only her upper body was not submerged in the water. The form of her body was perfect. Water droplets were slowly descending down her smooth curves, which seemed to glow when the sunlight hit her. He could visualize himself running his hand down her back slowly. He was dreaming of what she felt like, the soft texture of her skin, the heat of her body----making his own body temperature rise. His heartbeat doubled when she turned sideways, now capable of seeing the form of her breasts. He noticed a little droplet of water making its way to her nipple which was hardened by the warm water being cooled down by the soft wind. Oh how he wished he could trade places with the wind that was caressing her skin ever so softly. He felt butterflies in his stomach when her movement hinted that she was turning his way, but before he could see her fully she had crossed her arms over her breasts and he could hear his name being called. "Oh shiiit." He desperately tried to look away, making it seem that she was not the object of his attention, but he lost his balance on the branch and fell on his back, creating a loud thump that resonated throughout the mountain.

She got out of the water using her robes as a towel, wrapping it around her and tucking the corner in so it would not come loose. Heading in his direction, she stopped once she got beside him. Looking down at him, she had quite a nice little grin perched on her face, he arched his brow, puzzled, he surely expected to be dead by now, which would not be a terrible fate considering how embarrassed he felt. Yep, she was grinning alright, grinning at the expression he had-----that of total amazement for the way a certain person looked naked and it flattered her know that person was her.


"Guess from the look on your face that I've changed since we were ten huh?" her little grin getting somewhat wider.


Renji's eyes looked like they were ready to pop out from the comment she had just triumphantly thrown at him. He then realized the look he had on his face and mumbled "humph you're still a boyish looking girl to me." But that failed to even remotely convince either one. And Rukia just walked away content with his failure to convince her. Renji remained on the ground feeling as if he had just got into a fight with the crazed-maniac Zaraki Taichou.

Then, as if his body had been hit by a burst of energy, Renji stood up and started to run after Rukia trying to convince her it was a gross misunderstanding. She kept on walking although he was now in front of her walking backwards struggling to maintain his balance and wanting her to stop so he could explain himself.


"Ha! You actually thought that the expression on my face was because of you naked, pff! You're a funny one." Hand behind his head and trying not to trip over something.

"Really" Lowering her brow, obviously not believing him.

"Y-Yeah, I was just amazed that I didn't get hurt from such a high fall."

"What about the face you were making while in the tree then?"

"Oh that, I was just looking at something near you... che, what gave you the crazy idea that I was looking at you." He stammered while trying to fight back the blush sneaking to his cheeks.

"Well isn't it obvious? So tell me then, what was it you were looking at then?"


But in his search to make up a credible lie he lost his footing and tumbled backwards, dragging Rukia along with him. She was now on top of him. Immediately he noticed that her robe had gotten undone during the fall and he could now see and feel the two bulges of flesh pressed onto his torso, his face slowly became red, not because he was embarrassed but because his mind was too busy registering the feeling of her on top off him and forgot to send the signal for him to inhale.

"Renji" She said loudly, snapping him back to reality.

"Huh?" Was all he managed to get out has he remembered to take a mouthful of air.

"Getting caught into a lie again aren't ya"

"What, you're heavier than you look, made it hard for me to breathe."

"Oh, I'm not referring to that" Followed with a little giggle.


Pausing to think for a second, he then caught on to what she was referring to. It would have appeared that this one very particular body part of his had a mind of its own and got a funny reaction to the situation. Renji then got up so fast he nearly sent Rukia flying up into the air. He started pacing away hoping that this was just a bad dream. But Rukia was given a weapon of mass destruction and couldn't resist the urge to use it.


"Where are you going Fukutaichou-dono?" she asked in a singsong voice which clearly reflected her intentions to annoy him.

"Leave me alone Rukia."

"But what was that Fukutaichou-dono?"

"Nothing."

"Didn't feel like nothing to me Fukutaichou-sir"

"Will you stop following me?"

"Going to get rid of the problem, sir?"

"I have no idea what you're referring to." he mumbled under his breath.

"Oh really! I bet someone does."

"Shut up" but then without warning he just stopped walking, as if remembering something he had long ago forgotten. He then turned around with a wicked smirk.
"By the way, I felt two little someone's reaction on my chest maybe we should ask them what happened." He said in a proud tone.


With a mortified look on her face, she stopped following him and headed in the opposite direction. Renji now seeing the opportunity to return the favour, chased after her, taunting her like she had taunted him.

"What's wrong lost your tongue?"

"Shut up I got cold."

"Really, hum, my chest feels warm to me." gently stroking his chest to make his point.

"Damn you, leave me alone."

"What? Going to get rid of the problem are we?"


At this instant he could have sworn he saw a dark glow overcome her, she gave him such a glare that he thought it best to just drop it.


"Heh, yea, ok now I'll leave you a...alone heh." Hand rubbing the back of his neck and feeling somewhat unsafe.

"Good choice."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I figured I would give everyone a little preview of the next chapters.

1- Night will fall
2- Feelings will get known
3- Chapter five will be for a mature audience only

Yep you guessed it I am taking this story all the way to the finish line HAHAHAHAevil naughty laugh
Sign up to rate and review this story