Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Hidden Love

Chapter Four

by T-A-R21 0 reviews

I dunno ....

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji - Published: 2006-03-01 - Updated: 2006-03-02 - 2138 words

-1TrainWreck
CHAPTER FOUR

Dusk had started to settle, and our two shinigamis were starting to feel the effects of the travelling and added chases and ultimately decided it might be time for a little shut eye. Renji felt secure that no one would find them. He was keeping his reiatsu as low as possible plus one would be more likely to find Kuchiki Taichou crying like a six year old girl than to find this place. The night was proving to be a chilly one, and the fact that Rukia's clothes were still slightly damp didn't help her when it came to keeping warm. Renji could see she was cold so he got up give her his robe. He knew she was awake, and even if, a little less than twenty-four hours ago he would have rather gotten hit by lightning than to let her know he cared, right now it seemed pointless.

"Here Rukia, take this."

"What about you? Aren't you cold?" She said this in a genuine worried tone.

"Nah, I'm alright."

"Really? Then why are you shivering?"

"Will you just take the damn thing!"

"Fine...what if we made a fire?"

"Moron, fire makes smoke; smoke leads your enemies to your whereabouts."

"Ok, do you have a better idea?"

It took him a while to utter what he was thinking, hesitant about the way she might react. "W-Well we...could lay down...t-together."

"Fuuu...kuuu...taiii...chouu! Can we do that?" mocking him yet again.

"Just to keep warm you freak!" He shouted in his defence.

"But sir what would people say?"

"There's no one here." He uttered back in a flat pitch.

"Isn't it against the rules to lay down with a subordinate...?"

"Pff...I was just saying, if you want to freeze all night be my guest."

"No, no it's fine with me fukutaichou-sir" She answered with her mocking tone never leaving her.


He got up to lay down with her, a bit hesitant on how. It took him a few failed attempts to figure it out. In the end he opted for the simplest position, her back pressed against his chest, her head resting on his arm and his head slightly leaning on hers. And at the end of the long mind-bending work-out he covered them with his robe.


"You are sooo warm fukutaicou-dono!" she started again. "You have sooo much muscle fukutaichou!"

"SHUT UP!" He shouted as loud as possible.

"You have such a strong voice Fukutaicho-sir."

"Rukia...stop it."


She did, not because he asked her, but because the heat from his body, did make her feel warm. She knew if she kept at it he might ultimately decide that his idea was a bad one ---and leave. After a while, they both started getting comfortable with the new found closeness and warmth, and well, in the end it was this little comfort part that would be responsible for the event about to unfold:

THE EVENT

She pressed her back against his chest wriggling her body, trying to get more comfortable than she already was. This is a simple non-intentional movement one does when very highly comfortable, like when you're laying in your bed comfy and you somehow try do dig your shape into the mattress even though it can't be done...well it was something like that ...harmless right... WRONG. After a few wiggles she stopped, feeling a bulge where there should be no bulge...nah! Let me rephrase... she felt a major bulge where there was none only a few moments ago.

END OF THE EVENT

"FUU...KUU...TAII...CHOUU!"

"I-It's not what you think ... it's my zanpakutou."

"Oh!"

Renji removed his zanpakutou placing it behind him and then repositioning himself the way he was.

"Renji?"

"What, now Rukia?" He finally asked after a long and exasperated sigh.

Rukia sounding quite puzzled and unsure asked; "Renji...h-how many zanpakutou's do you have?"

"Well if you would stop wiggling."

"What does that have anything to d...Oh never mind. Guess me naked was a bit too much for ya"


Renji slowly got up and started walking away, humiliated, wishing he could turn to dust and get picked up by the wind. She was horribly right; seeing her naked was too much for him. Ever since that moment he couldn't get the image of her out of his head. It was driving him mad. Feelings he had long ago buried were starting to resurface and did not want to be silenced again, they wanted to speak up, and they wanted her to know--- they needed her to know. No longer were they able to live in a cage slowly fading in the darkness now that they had gotten a glimpse of her radiance--- they craved it.

He headed for the way out of the mountain. He wanted to escape, not escape her but the way he felt. There he was getting busted right and left on his feelings for her, and all he had got in return was teasing and smart remarks. If only she could give him a sign he could make sense of so he would know what to do next instead of acting like a love sick puppy. "Leave" he told himself "leave dammit" and was about to, but the closer he got to the exit the heavier his soul felt, so heavy that when only steps away his body would not let him go any further, afraid to crumble under the sheer pressure his spirit was delivering. It was holding him back, making him remember a day long ago where he had almost lost her. It was explaining to him why it could not allow his departure, hoping his mind would listen to the pleas, and that he would remember that day, the day she had lowered her head and gently pushed his hand aside, the moment where everything between them had changed. He remembered the pain and regret he felt, and worst of all the guilt and consequences that letting her go had caused. At that moment he knew he couldn't leave. He had promised himself after that day that never again would he let her go and he did not desire to break that promise, how could he? So he did the only thing he could, he sat down near the exit, letting time pass.

She saw him heading in the direction of the exit. She had gone too far, and knew it. For a while she had feared he would abandon her like he once had. "Why can't you tell him?" she thought, knowing very well that her lack of response to his clumsy slip of the tongue was making him doubt her feeling towards him, confusing him to the point that leaving was becoming a brilliant option. "But what if it's a trick?" She shook that thought out of her mind; she knew it to be ridiculous. Still, he was asking her to destroy walls that she had created for her own survival, walls that were thick and could not be easily brought down, not when surrounded by so much doubt. What if he was to betray her again, he had done it once, when she had been adopted by Nii-sama. She had never forgiven him for letting her go so effortlessly. Over the years she had replayed that scene over and over in her mind, except in those scenes he would protest, fight and even beg for her to stay which she would, but that was not what had happened and she new the outcome far too well to deny it. He had reacted so predictably like himself putting on a fake smile and telling her how wonderful the news was, too proud to let her know what he felt; she had always resented him for that day. But now he was sitting on a rock, with that look on his face, a look she once wore, long ago. Her heart ached at the sight, reminding her what that particular expression meant, the pain and weight it carried, the sinking felling that could be overwhelming on one's soul. Before she realized she had already started heading his way, guided by an invisible force that there was no point in resisting. So without a sound emitting from her steps, she walked up behind him and gently put her hand on his shoulder.


"Don't touch me." He said while pushing her hand off. She barely recognized his voice, filled with too much pain to belong to him. She moved to face him, almost to reassure herself it was truly him that had spoken. Again she rested her hand on his shoulder. The contact made him twitch, as if her touch was causing his body tremendous pain, making it impossible for him to look at her in the eyes.


In a soft apologetic tone she spoke "Renji...I'm..." but before she could finish her sentence he tossed her hand off once more.

"I told you not to touch me..." She took a step back, like the words he had just spoken were daggers perforating her heart.

"But Renji, you don't understand..."

"NO! You don't seem to understand...get away from me!" His voice resonating with anger.

"I won't." That pushed him to his limit.

Without hesitation he unsheathed Zabimaru, and before she could begin to react she had the tip of his blade pressing against her throat, his eyes were focused on her with unspeakable rage, he was not playing around anymore, he was tired and truly wanted to be left alone. She carefully took a step back, her attention now drawn to the blade; cradling herself in her arms afraid of the man she trusted most---even loved.

He saw the fear in her eyes, the step back, her arms coming to rest on her shoulders to protect herself, protect herself from him. "Why does she fear me?" Becoming conscious of his action, disbelieving what he had just done. He felt has though someone had took over his body and made his hand take out his Zanpakutou and put it to her neck, but no, he was the culprit he alone had done this. Guilt took over his body; he let Zabimaru fall to the ground, sound of metal resonating stridently. He took a step in her direction, causing her to take one back, unsure of his intentions. He let himself fall to his knees, defeated by his own actions; he lowered his head out of shame, arms and hands resting limply like he was surrendering to her.

She kneeled in front of him knowing that he regretted his gesture terribly but that's the way he was, always acting on impulse. That's the way she remembered him. She stretched her right arm to cup his cheek and he leaned forward to receive her. Uncertain, she moved her arm back but he caught it in a fast gesture and held her wrist gently giving her a chance to escape him. When she didn't, he finished to motion for her. She was surprised of the smoothness of his skin and she curiously started exploring his face, softly gliding her fingers on the warm flesh, an exploration that ended by her tenderly playing with his hair.

The sensation overpowered him and he shyly leaned forward until his head rested on her legs, then he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her tightly like she would disappear if he didn't. He took deep breaths, storing her fragrance in a secret part of his mind. He lifted is head getting a sense of comfort he felt he did not deserve. He rested his forehead on her chin, her breath teasing his skin making him slightly quiver. She cupped his chin trying to get him to look her in the eyes, he tried to avoid it, embarrassed by what he had done, she gently caressed the side of his face in a forgiving way, he wanted to break away unworthy of her forgiveness but she would not allow it. Strongly placing her hands on each sides of his face she forced his head closer to hers, connecting their foreheads and noses. He seized the sides of her face feeling the moisture of tears staining her cheeks.


"I'm sorry Renji..."

"No Rukia...I'm..."

"Let me finish" she said sternly. He loosened his grip on her face.

In a gentle yet slightly mocking tone she said "I'm sorry for you to have been cursed with a thought process that doesn't allow you to be able to read between the lines."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER FIVE will be rated NC-17 yes there will be a hot and heavy sex scene (baby making practice time) it might take a little while before I get chapter five out but I will ....so please just be patient.
Sign up to rate and review this story