Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Safe Way

I Promise

by Carebear_Assassin 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-08-05 - Updated: 2008-08-06 - 978 words

0Unrated
“Lana what happened to your arm?” My father asked.

“Oh,” I said looking at the fresh bruise that Frank had given me. “I must have fallen a million times today on the slops.” I said waving my hand hoping he wouldn’t notice how much the bruise looked like a hand.

“Well put some ice on it, it looks really painful. Are you sure you didn’t sprain something?” he asked handing me my plate of spaghetti.

“Yeah dad it just looks bad it doesn’t hurt.” I sat down next to Frank, and took my hand gently and kissed the bruise on my wrist. He looked truly apologetic.

“Is there something you wanna tell me Lana?” My father said looking between Frank and I.

“Oh…” I said, how was I going to explain.

“Mr. Jacob, I’m sorry I didn’t ask formally. I was wondering if I could court your daughter?” I looked at him like he was crazy. All these different sides of Frank were starting to freak me out. One second he’s nice and sweet, the next he’s the scariest thing since Freddie Krueger.

“I couldn’t think of a better match.” My father said with a smile. He looked at me for my approval and I smiled trying to act relieved that he said I could date Frank.

That night I fell into an uneasy sleep. In my dreams I could only see that look in Frank’s eyes. I hadn’t seen that look since the first night here. Even when he was mad at Mr. Michaels, I hadn’t seen that look. I hoped never to see it again.

I woke up to Jacob yelling like every other morning. Only now I was used to it. Its been a while since he’s poured cold water on my head to get me up too. I quickly got dressed and headed into the kitchen where Jacob had made some sausage, egg and cheese sandwiches. He always had breakfast ready. I usually didn’t touch it. I’ve never been able to eat early in the morning, but hadn’t really been able to eat much last night with all the weirdness.

I gobbled up the sandwich and Jacob looked at me like I was crazy.

“What?” I asked.

“It’s just that usually you don’t touch your breakfast and today you cleared the plate.”

“Oh, I was just hungry since I didn’t eat much yesterday.” I explained.

“So why didn’t you eat much?”

“I guess I just wasn’t hungry.”

“You aren’t one of those girls who can’t eat in front of their boyfriends are you? Cause if you get any skinnier your going to disappear.” I gave an uneasy smile.

“Thanks I guess,” he laughed.

“Don’t worry I think you look perfect the way you are and if Frank doesn’t dump him.” I laughed.

“Okay, I will.” I said, in my mind I thought, “If he’ll let me.” with that we both got up from the table and headed out to his truck. It was time for me to get to school. I walked over to my dad’s truck while he locked the front door. As he made his was over to the drivers door. Frank pulled up in his car.

“Hey,” he said getting out.

“Hey,” I said cautiously. “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to take you to school you know, so your dad doesn’t have to go out of his way,” he looked down at his shoes and started to move a clump of snow with his foot. It was so cute. He seemed like…well like himself only less cocky. All thoughts of last night were gone, and I could only think of the unsure boy standing in front of me.

“Dad?” I turned to look at him.

“Go on,” he said with a smile. I kissed his cheek and then ran over. Frank opened my door and helped me into the car. Then went around to his own door and hopped in and we headed off to school.

“Lana I’m so sorry for that,” he said looking at my bruise. He rubbed it gently with his free hand. I really didn’t want to think about last night. “I just freaked out a little cause I really want me and you to work. The thought of losing you was just a little much. I know you said you did something terrible and that you felt like it made you a terrible person, but what ever it is I don‘t want to know about it. I forgive you for it. Its enough for me to know that you know it was wrong and you won‘t do it again.”

“Frank…“ he cut me off.

“Please don’t tell me,“ he looked like he would break down. “Lets just go back to normal and forget about everything that happened last night.

“Okay,” everything he had said had come with the utmost sincerity on his part. He really just didn’t want to know. He really did want to just forget about it. I could accept that. “Frank,” I said as we pulled into the parking lot at school. “Don’t ever put your hands on me like that again,” he just nodded.

“I promise,” he leaned over to me and brushed his lips across mine. I deepened the kiss, cause he seemed to be acting timid. Almost like he was unsure how I was going to react. So to show him that everything was back to normal I kissed him harder and more forcefully. I got the response I wanted he kissed back with more vigor. We stayed there until the first bell rang, signaling that we were both late for first period.
Sign up to rate and review this story