Categories > Original > Romance > Just Friends?

Chapter 3

by nickjisoffthechain 0 reviews

Have you ever been in love with your best friend? I know I have, and his name is Nick Jonas. ~A Jonas Brothers fanfic~

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-08-06 - Updated: 2008-08-06 - 1672 words

0Unrated
"Angelica, time to get up for school," my mom called from in the doorway.

I didn't move. Instead, I buried my face in my pillow and pulled the covers over my head.

"Please?" my mom called again.

"Ugh, do I have to?" I asked sleepily.

"Yes you do. Now get up and get dressed," my mom walked out of the doorway shutting the door softly behind her.

I laid in my bed for a few minutes then I decided that it was time to get up. I walked into my closet searching for some clothes. I had to look good since this was my first day of high school. What I decided to wear was a pink short-sleeved polo, black skinny jeans and pink converses. I walked out of my closet and into the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror, picked up a brush and ran it through my wavy, medium length, auburn hair. I brushed my teeth, walked down the steps, quickly ate a bowl of Cheerios, grabbed my backpack and my book, and headed out the door.

It didn't take me long to get to the bus stop. Once I was there I put down my backpack, sat down on a bench, and began to read.

After I read about 10 pages, I heard footsteps behind me.

"You're such a nerd Gel," I heard the voice say. I turned around to see who it was and it was Joe.

"I am not a nerd! But I have a question: Why are you taking the bus? You're old enough to drive a car, so why not drive?"

"Well...I...um..."

"You don't have your license yet, do you Joe?"

"Nope."

"Ha ha! Joe can't drive! Ha ha ha ha!"

"Well at least this is my last year in school. You still have 4 more years until you're out. So who's laughing now?! Little freshman!"

"You know what? Just for that, every time I see you in the hallway with someone, I'm going to yell out 'Hey look it's my bestest friend Joe!'"

"Oh mann. But what about when I'm with a teacher? Are you still going to do it?"

"No. Only when you're with your friends."

"You're mean!"

"I'm not mean. You deserve it Joseph."

Joe opened his mouth to say something, but Kayla jumped in front of him and she started talking to me.

"Hey!" Kayla exclaimed.

"Hey!" I said. "How have you been?"

"I've been great. You?"

"I've been good too. Gosh, I can't believe you went to California for the whole summer! What was it like?"

"It was really hot outside. But other than that it was amazing."

"Sounds fun," Lizzy said appearing beside us with Nick behind her.

"Hey Lizzy!" I said.

"Hey Lizzy. I haven't seen you all summer. What have you been up to?" Kayla asked.

"Nothing much. Just hanging out with Gel and stuff," Lizzy replied, tieing her strait, brown hair up into a ponytail.

"Sounds exciting," Kayla told her.

We all carried on our own conversations for another 13 minutes and then the bus came. On the bus, Kayla and I sat together in one seat, Lizzy sat in front of us, and Nick and Joe sat together in one seat across from Kayla and I.

The bus ride to school only took 10 minutes. The school was 4 stories high, with a small building beside it for the indoor swimming pool. In the back there was a large field, filled entirely with bright green grass. I walked inside the double doors and I looked up at the ceiling and saw a glass chandelier hanging from the very top. In front of me there was a empty space and then some stairs. To the left was a hallway with lots of classrooms and lockers. To the right was a hallway for classrooms only.

"Hey Joe, where is the ninth grade hallway at?" I asked.

"It's to the left. And on the end of the right hallway is where the cafeteria is," Joe answered.

"Okay, well how do we know which class to go to first?"

"You look on the list by the classroom doors and whatever door the list is by, that is your homeroom."

"Thanks Joe."

"Sure, sure. Well I have to climb up a lot of stairs to get to my floor so I'll see you around."

"Bye!"

I searched around for a while trying to find my homeroom when I finally found it. Apparently Nick saw that we both had the same homeroom because, when I walked in, I found him sitting with a desk pulled up beside him, specialy reserved for me.

"Hey!" Nick exclamied when I reached my desk. We sat near a window, sort of in the back of the classroom.

"Hi." I said.

"Okay class please take your seats," the teacher said. "My name is Miss Adams. You will have me for homeroom and English class this year."

Miss Adams was sort of short, with long strait dirty blonde hair, and light brown eyes.

"When I call your name, you are to come up and get your schedule. Then we will explain the rules of the school and this classroom." Miss Adams said.

I was one of the last people to get my schedule. When I came back to my seat, I gazed at my schedule for a moment and then Nick took it and began studying it.

"Sweet! We have history, choir, and gym together also." He said looking excited.

"Awesome!" I exclamied.

"Now let's talk about the rules," Miss Adams said.

I could hear Miss Adams' voice, but I wasn't really paying attention. I was just staring out the window daydreaming when I saw a note on my lap.

Hey :)

It was Nick's handwriting.

Hey. I wrote back.

What's up?

Umm...the sky?

Haha very funny.

Yeah I know. I'm like the funniest person on Earth!

Seriously.

Yeah. So, do you still like the person that you liked back in the summer?

Yes I do. Why?

Because I want to know who it is.

Well I have some bad news for you: I'm not telling you who I like.

Please?!

No.

Please? I'll be your best friend!

You already are one of my best friends.

That's a good point.

Yeah it is.

Well can't I at least guess who you like?

Sure. Go right ahead.

Ok. Um...you like...that girl sitting in front of us!

No! I don't even know her.

Ok then. You like...Miss Adams!

Gel, let's try and be resonable okay?

I loved the way he wrote my nickname.

Okay. Do you like...Lizzy?

No. She's like a sister to me

Okay then. Errr...Kayla?

No. She's just my really good friend.

Well I'm all out of people I can think of.

Well think harder.

If I think any harder my head will explode.

Well keep thinking...just don't let your head explode because that would be bad.

Yeah it would. Oh I have another person I can guess!

Who is it?

Do you like me?

Just before he was about to write something down, the bell ran for us to go to our next class which, for Nick and I, was history. Nick got up from his seat and folded the note and put it in his pocket. I quickly got up and ran to his side.

"So?" I asked refering to the question I asked on the note.

"So...what?" Nick asked confused.

"So, do you like me?"

"Of course I like you. You're my best friend."

"No not just as a friend. But in a way that you would like your girlfriend if you had one."

Nick completely ignored me and walked out the door. I followed him. I stood in the classroom doorway searching and I finally found him standing in the hallway talking to Lizzy. I stood in the hallway waiting for them to stop talking. After Nick and Lizzy were done talking, Nick told me we also had our next class with her. We all walked to class together, Nick and Lizzy talking the entire way. I was beginning to have a clue about who Nick liked, even though he said she was only a sister to him...

I had to find a different pair of desks to sit at since Nick and Lizzy were sitting together. I sat in silence, just a few rows behind them, and Kayla appeared in the empty desk beside me.

"Hey!" She exclaimed.

"Hey." I said.

"I met a really cute guy out in the hallway!"

"Really? What's his name?"

"He didn't tell me, but we talked for a while and I think I really like him."

"Well that's good," I said turning toward the front of the room.

The teacher began explaining the rules just like my other teacher did. This class flew by and so did my next two classes which were choir and gym. After that, I had science. Nobody I knew was in that class with me. I walked into my class and sat down at a desk daydreaming when a guy came next to me.

"Can I sit here?" He asked, pointing to the desk beside me.

"Sure," I told him.

He sat down and turned toward me. "My name is Henry. What's your name?"

"My name is Angelica, but you can call me Gel."

Henry had olive colored skin with dark brown eyes, and short dark brown hair.

"Well that's cool," He said. "I just moved here from Florida, so I really don't know anyone. You're the second person I've actually talked to."

"Really? I've lived here in New Jersey all of my life. The only time I've ever been out of the state was for my family vacation we just took in June."

"It's time for lunch," the teacher called.

"You can eat with me if you want Henry," I said.

"I think I'd like that." He said.

We walked down to lunch together, talking as if we knew eachother our whole lives.
Sign up to rate and review this story