Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto >

Zuko's Sorry

by Midnight_Raven 0 reviews

Zuko told the gang that he is sorry, but will they forgive him and let him be in the group?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Naruto,Sakura - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2008-08-08 - Updated: 2008-08-08 - 1929 words

0Unrated
“YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!” Toph yelled, pointing her finger behind Sokka.

“Zuko!” Aang, Katara, an Sokka gasped, turning around and was face to face with the fire prince. Sakura and Naruto were farther than them, and watch the show before them.

“Hey, Zuko here,” Zuko said nervously to the group. He look way different than the picture that Sakura and Naruto saw. They wonder what had happen. His raven or black hair was not in a pony tail and it was very short and he didn't wear any rich clothes or armor that he suppose to wear in the royal family.

“I think it’s time… I join your group and teach Aang how to fire bend,” Zuko said, trying to calm himself down.

Sakura looked at Aang surprise. He didn't learn how to fire bend yet?

In the far corner of the camp cooking pot, Katara stand up angry than ever. She have the worse reaction when Naruto and Sakura asked to join a while ago.

“NO!” Katara yelled.

“You’ve tried to kill us, we can’t trust you!” Sokka said, after his sister out bust.

“Listen, I’m sorry for trying to kill you, for hunting you down for so long, and for sending a man to assassin you,” Zuko said, trying to reason to the group and more importantly to Katara. Naruto just look at them confuse.

“Wait… you sent Combustion Man after us!” Sokka cried, his eyes narrowing.

“Wait, I didn’t mean to!” Zuko yelled, realizing his mistake.

“Guys, Twinkle Toes needs a fire bending teacher! Zuko is the best we have,” Toph announced.

Sakura and Naruto felt that this is about to get ugly. Sakura disappears in thin air and reappear behind of Katara quietly.

Katara had disagree with Toph.

“Just get out of here,” Aang said, he really don't want to say this. He wanted to be friends with Zuko for along time, but the girl he loved hated him and Sokka thought other wise also. To add it all to the top he had tried to kill them so many times.

“If you ever come back, we won’t hesitate to hurt you,” Katara said.

“No! I’m serious, I’ve changed!” Zuko yelled at Katara.

“Leave,” Katara said, not believing any of his words.

“Well, if you won’t take me as a friend, you can take me as a prisoner,” Zuko said, dropping to his knees and bow.

“No, we better not see you again!” Katara yelled, shooting a water whip at him. Without thinking Sakura pop right in front of Katara and took the hit. The hit blow the wind out of Sakura, and sudden weakness that she and Naruto felt for a few hours ago she fell to her knees in slight pain.

"SAKURA-CHAN!" Naruto called out, running to her side.

Zuko look at Sakura surprise. He didn't know her and he know for sure that she didn't know him either and she took the hit.

“Stop that!” Sakura said to Katara in a disapprove voice.

Zuko knew at once that he isn't welcome anymore and he didn't want to cause more trouble, so he took a few steps back and run off.

“Guys, Aang needs a fire bending teacher!" Toph yelled.

“Oh well, we’ll find someone else to teach him,” Katara said, folding her arms coldly.

Sakura couldn't believe this. How could she be so cold towards him? Naruto help Sakura to stand up.

"Thanks, Naruto-kun." Sakura said with a thankful smile.

"No problem"

"Toph is right, I do need a teacher. Zuko is willing to teach me" Aang said.

Toph nodded her head.

Katara turn and face Toph. Her face were red from anger.

“You don’t know what he’s done to us! His nation killed our mother, his nation started the war, he has been hunting us down!” Katara yelled.

“Yeah, well it seems to me that most of those faults you pointed out wasn’t Zuko’s fault. More like his nations,” Toph pointed out fast.

“Well anyways, Aang needs a teacher, if he’s going to defeat the Fire Lord.” Sakura said quietly.

“Well, he can go without fire bending!” Katara shrieked and run off mad.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let me show you your room ,” Sokka said to both Naruto and Sakura, leading them to a room across from Katara’s, and Toph next to hers in one of the air temple.

Naruto and Sakura agree to share a room together.

After finish eating supper and when everyone went to bed. Sakura sneak out of her room.

She sneak out of the temple passing both Katara and Toph rooms on the way. Then she felt someone and soon she bump into Toph.

"So you sneaking out to see Zuko too huh?" Sakura ask the blind girl. Toph nodded her head.

"We should both go there then." Sakura said sleepy.

Quietly they both sneak into Zuko camp site.

As they both silently walked over to where he was sleeping,

Toph cringed as she stepped on a hidden twig, waking up Zuko.

“Who’s there?!” Zuko yelled as he shot out a wave of fire.

“Woah there!” Toph yelled, as Sakura slam her palms on the ground, creating a small wall of earth to block the fire, but it was too late. Some fire escape around and the next thing she knew Toph screamed. She fall to the ground scared, and crawled out into the woods fast and in pain. He had burn her feet.

"Its you, wait I'm sorry!" Zuko said, racing towards Toph not noticing Sakura at all.

Toph continue to crawl back toward camp.

"Leave me alone." She gasp out, each palm she put down. A small rock flew from the ground and at him. He dodge it perfect.

"Wait! Let me help!" He cried out, the he felt a hand on his shoulder. He stop running after Toph and look behind him and saw the pink hair girl from earlier.

"Let her go, she be fine." Sakura said with a sigh, noticing that her hand is burning slightly, but she deal with it.

"You're the girl from before, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm Sakura and Toph and I are here to talk to you, but seeing that she crawl off. I'll better see if she is alright." Sakura said, running in the same direction that Toph crawl off too, leaving a worrying Zuko behind.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura went straight to bed after the visit, but first she heal Toph feet. Toph was surprise that Sakura could heal her more easy than Katara and they both promise each other not to tell the gang.

Early the next morning, every one was up.

Both Sakura and Naruto felt refresh, as they both walk outside the temple. Both Naruto and Sakura heard some one faintly in a short distance. They both turn their heads to a cliff and saw a huge man in red and Zuko. They seem like they were fighting.

“Stop!” Zuko yelled as he swung across to Combustion Man with a vine.

“I don’t want you hunting down the Avatar anymore!” Zuko yelled. Combustion man ignored Zuko, as he shot at the five.

The shot barely dodge Sakura body and when it hit the ground a big kaboom can be heard.

Aang and the gang run over to the temple wall opposite with his bison Appa. The wall shield them from the blasts.

"SAKURA, NARUTO OVER HERE!" Aang called at Sakura and Naruto, but they both ignore him.

Sakura turn to Naruto fast.

"I have to help him, Naruto-kun protect the Avatar and his friends." Sakura said determined.

"Be careful Sakura-chan." Naruto said, trusting Sakura powers as he run off to the gang.

Sakura started to run toward them. Her fist held high. She jump over and landed on the cliff behind the Combustion man.

“If you don’t stop, I won’t pay you!” Zuko yelled.

Combustion Man shot at Zuko. Zuko’s eyes widened as he made a wall of flames around him.

“Zuko!” Sakura screamed.

‘THAT'S IT KICK THAT BASTARD ASS!" Inner Sakura roar mad in her mind.

Sakura pulled her fist back and punch the Combustion man with a charka punch, which he flew toward Zuko way. Zuko hit him with one of his fire punch and the Combustion man flew off the cliff.

Sakura felt the cliff fallen apart.

"SAKURA-CHAN MOVE!" Sakura can hear Naruto in a long distance. She took the same way she came from, and jump toward to solid land.

Sakura smiled and looked up what she had done. She saw Zuko climbing up a vine.

She let out a huge sigh. he was alright.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto shouted, as he tackle Sakura to the ground out of no where. Sakura laugh and then her face turn blue.

"N-Naruto-kun, I can't breath." Sakura said, and Naruto let go fast, as the Avatar gang ran up to them.

"You were awesome! You gave the bastard a beating!" Sokka said.

"Thanks." Sakura said.

Zuko climbed down to meet the rest of them.

Katara look at him angry.

“I’m very sorry for hunting you down. I used to think that honor was all that mattered. I thought that my father would return my honor, but I now know that I am the one who will shape my honor. I know I’m out of control, but I know how fire bending can burn people. My flames are out of control, but I’m hoping I will learn to control them while training with you… will you take me on as your teacher?” Zuko asked and reason.

Aang stared at him before saying, “After I burned Katara, I promised myself I wouldn’t fire bend again. But now that I know that fire bending can be controlled. I believe that you are supposed to train me, please be my teacher.”

Zuko smiled and exclaimed, “That’s great! I-“

“But I have to ask my friends first,” Aang interrupted.

He looked to his friends.

“Sure,” Toph said.

“Fine,” Sokka said.

"I'm okay with it." Sakura said.

"I AGREE WITH SAKURA-CHAN, BELIEVE IT!" Naruto shouted out loud.

“Katara?” Aang asked.

“As long as you know what you’re doing, I’m fine,” Katara said, she really don't want to accept him in the gang much and Sakura wonder why along with Naruto.

"Bitch." Naruto mutter and Sakura slapped him behind of his head for it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sokka led Zuko to another room.

“So, this is your room… lunch will be here soon,” Sokka stuttered.

Zuko smiled and thanked him. “Well that was akward,” Sokka said, once he talked to Aang outside of Zuko’s room.

Zuko took out a picture of his uncle, and smile himself when he started to think of all the good times he had spent together.

His flashbacks was interrupted as Katara’s voice rang out darkly.

“You may have fooled the others into believing that you’ve changed, but we both know that you haven’t. If you take one step back, one little move that would make me believe that you were about to hurt Aang, you won’t have to worry about your destiny. Because I will end it, right then and there, permanently,” Katara said darkly. She left, leaving Zuko staring horrified at her back.

She made her way to Sakura’s and Naruto's room.

“Sakura, lunch time,” she said, changing her mood again in less fake cheeriness.

"Thanks." Sakura said with a smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story