Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Light of Love

Spying Eyes

by demon_kitty2008 0 reviews

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Sesshoumaru - Published: 2008-08-08 - Updated: 2008-08-08 - 977 words

0Unrated
It's such a lovely morning. I think I'll go gather some flowers for my beloved. Izayoi raised herself from her futon. She had been sick for quite some time, and figured the fresh air would do her some good. She quickly changed for the day and grabbed a basket to put the flowers in. Slowly she made her way down the winding corridors until she reached the entrance to the garden. She walked through, deeply breathing in the morning air. She quickly walked over to the irises and began plucking the blooms with the deepest purple petals. She truely loved being in the gardens, she found that she could always find comfort among the flowers, although it was usually short lived. Sighing, she moved on to the lily patch and began delicately picking at their stems. She was lost in her task until a faint rustling of silk caught her ear. She quietly set her basket down and peered in the direction of the roses. There, she saw the young prince. Curiously, she leaned over to get a better look. Why would Sesshomaru be in the gardens at this time of day? Quickly her question was answered by the small figure he held close to his chest. Izayoi gasped at the sight, and qucikly stood to leave. Its okay, just quietly slip out of the garden unnoticed. Everything will be okay. Just leave the garden and forget what you saw. Lost in her thoughts, she bumped right into Satomi, who let out a soft scream. "Oh my! Uhh... Satomi-hime, I uhh... I'm so sorry." She went to help the old woman up, "Well, your not the first to say that," she brushed the wrinkles out of her kimono for the second time that day, "My pardons, Izayoi-hime, but have you seen Sesshomaru-sama around? His father asked me to send for him." Izayoi reluctantly answered, "Well, uhh... I... I saw him down by the roses. But... Satomi-chan... he was, with a girl. I didn't want to uhh... disturb them, so I just left." Satomi rolled her eyes in her head, "Oh dear, I was affraid of this. Thank you Izayoi-hime." They bowed, and Izayoi hurried out of the garden, unaware that she had left her basket behind by the lilies.


Sesshomaru pulled away from Hikari, noting that embracing her seemed to lift the sorrow from her eyes. "Are you feeling better now, Hikari-chan?" She looked away, staring off into the roses, "Why yes. Thank you Sesshomaru-sama. I needed that." She stood up, and walked over to a nearby patch of tulips, "You know, Sesshomaru-sama, my mother used to tell me that tulips were colored by the sun, and that every tulip holds warmth," she plucked a red tulip that had yellow on the outskirts of its petals. She inhaled it, then walked back over to the young prince. "You see, this one resembles the flames that come from the sun's surface. Their scent even smells warm." She held out the flower to Sesshomaru. He took it, and stared at the smooth petals. He raised it to his nose, and breathed in the warm, inviting scent. "I believe your right, Hikari-chan. Your mother must have been a garden expert." He smiled at her, watching her as the memories of her childhood came flooding back. "Oh yes, she loved flowers. She said that they brought life and color to the world. Her flowers always seemed to bring her joy, even after my father fell to the dragon." Sesshomaru looked puzzled, "Dragon, you say?" Hikari looked away again, "Yes, a dragon. He killed my older brothers. And so my father went off to seek revenge. When my father was killed, my mother went to try and at least seal the dragon and banish it from this world. But she also fell victim." Her sorrow slowly returned, which confused Sesshomaru. "I went to see the demon dragon after my mother had been gone for quite some time. I wanted to plea with him to at least let me have my family's remains so that I could give them a proper burial. But he was gone. All I could find was my mother's jewel, and my father's..." Shock suddenly filled her face. She reached for her side, as if trying to find something. "Oh my sweet Kami, where is it!? Where is the Nagareboshi?" She looked to Sesshomaru with wide eyes. "The Nagareboshi?" Hikari pleaded, "yes, the Nagareboshi. My father's sword. Where is it!?" Sesshomaru let out a sigh of relief, "Hikari, the sword is safe. My father has it. He planned on giving it back to you when you were feeling better." She shut her eyes, almost as if she were listening for something. "Satomi-chan?" She looked over to the lilies, noticing the old woman's eyes peering through the bushes. "Oh, uhh... hello you two. I just came by because Sesshomaru-sama has been summoned by his father. Sesshomaru quirked a brow, "Well, Satomi-chan, it looked as if you were spying on us." Satomi's eyes went wide as she chuckled to herself, "Oh, you caught me Sesshomaru-sama, but in all seriousness, your father wished to speak with you on urgent matters." "Yes Satomi-chan, thank you for informing me," he turned to face Hikari, "I will return later, we can have lunch together, ne?" He smiled, taking her hand in his. "Oh, why that would be lovely. Thank you Sesshomaru-sama." Sesshomaru stood, bowed to the two women, and made his way down the long, twisting corridors that lead to his father's throne room. He prayed that his father wasn't going to lecture him on taking a bride as usual. Unless Hikari was the one he was to marry. I believe she could possibly be, my soul mate... His mind trailed of with thoughts of Hikari until he reached the door to his father's room.
Sign up to rate and review this story