Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Endless Ocean

The Life of A Criminal

by Kairu-kun 0 reviews

The life of a pirate isn't always fun and games.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: R - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2008-08-12 - Updated: 2008-08-12 - 3416 words

1Exciting
Once again Kail Veilwarren faced a massive fleet of Syndicate ships. The Syndicate was the unified 'government' that ruled human space. The Milky Way remained the primary base of operations for the surely growing faction of humans that felt the need to control all around them. And now their fleet of ships had their massive weapons trained on Kail's vessel. The red-haired young man sighed as usual, knowing what was coming. He sat down in his piloting chair and propped his elbows on the console, leaning his head forward and rubbing his temples slowly. A beeping sound and blinking button caught his attention. An incoming transmission. Sighing heavily, Kail reached over and smacked the button harder than needed. A picture blocked his vision through the view-screen of the fleet before him. As the floating screen cleared he saw exactly who he expected. "Admiral...good to see you again. Mind calling off your dogs? I have a date," Kail mused though more than a little malice was present in his tone. The Admiral, dressed in an officer's garb, red in color and wearing an Admiral's cap, took no notice of Kail's attempt at humor. "Kail Veilwarren, we hereby place you under arrest. You will face a trial where you WILL be found guilty of whatever we charge you with. After which you will be confined for life on any one of the worst prison planets we can find. Any questions?" the Admiral stated simply. Kail rubbed his chin for a moment. "Yeah...just one. Is this really necessary? Seems a bit of misuse for the military. I mean I swear sir, I thought your daughter was eighteen. Besides, I think she enjoyed herself!" the red-head said with a little too much enthusiasm, throwing a wide grin in the mix. That certaintly got the older man's attention. "Fuck it, FIRE AT WILL!" the Admiral shouted. Kail sighed heavily as hundreds of thousands of missles came blasting his way.

Kail jumped awake and flew out of bed just as the missles had collided with his ship and he burst into flames before the void of space sucked the oxygen away. "Ah...shit. That hurt. Sheesh. Note to self, never sleep with an Admiral's daughter" he groaned, standing up and rubbing his hip bone. His eyes fell over the gorgeous specimen that had wrapped its naked body in his sheets. He looked at the girl questioningly for a moment, trying to remember who she was. After a moment memories of the night before flooded back. Kail remembered picking her up at a bar, both of them hammered senseless. He recalled being a little more sober after they got back to his ship though. He grinned slightly as the memories of their throws of passion and lust filled his mind. He felt the effect from such thoughts, and looking over her small, slender form made it all the more urgent. He moved to the bed and sat on it's edge, moving a hand to push the long silver hair from the Il'Tak girl's neck. He traced a pattern with his fingertips across her soft skin and down her back slowly. A soft sound escaped her lips and the girl rolled over. Her eyes opened slowly, eyelashes fluttering which Kail was sure she did on purpose. Her golden orbs first went to his dark green ones, then trailed down to his well-toned and many times scarred torso. Her eyes went a little lower and she giggled sweetly, a sound that caused Kail to shiver only in a good way. "It appears someone is not quite finished as of yet," said the melodious voice her species was famous for. It was mostly dark with the exception of the glowing strip of light that ran under the center of the metal grating that was the floor of the ship but Kail could see the same want in her eyes he felt below his waist. The way she bit her lip tentatively while staring at him with hungry eyes caused him to nearly pounce on her right then and there. The girl pushes herself up and the sheet slipped down a bit, releasing her ample breasts, which perked up quickly in the cold air. She reached forward and wrapped a hand around the back of his neck and pulled him to her. He always forgot that despite their frail appearance, Il'Tak were surprisingly strong. Their lips were forced together in a passion-filled kiss that bruised the flesh against teeth. He enjoyed it like that though. Soon his tongue invaded her mouth and enticed a fight with hers. Kail laid his body over hers, pushing the sheet away. Neither felt like wasting time with needless foreplay and he positioned himself properly. He was just about to plunge himself into this beautiful work of art before him when something banged on the heavy metal door to his quarters. "Cap'n! We gotta get goin'! Yer gonna be late for the er...appointment!" shouted a deep voice.

"Shit!" Kail shouted, rolling off the mini-aphrodite. He heard her sigh in disappointment. "It is alright. I should take my leave of you soon either way. My husband will be returning home soon and if I am not present he might become suspicious" the girl said. Kail's eyes widened a littled. "Ah damn...husband huh? You really know how to start trouble don't you?" he said, chuckling. In his mind he was wondering if he'd have to fend off an angry spouse in the near future. "Alright Grig, I'm coming. Just give me a minute" He shouted through the heavy door. He heard a low grumbling and heavy foot-steps as his partner lumbered away. "Well, that's too bad that you're married. I would've liked to come back to you later" he said to the girl as he pulled a pair of black pants on. "Yes well that was not likely to happen either way. Do you not know how this works?" she teased. He laughed a little and shrugged. "I do, but I like you..um...um..." he thought for a moment, trying to recall the beauty's name. He wasn't sure she ever gave it. "Beautiful" he said. She giggled. "Better you don't know my name. If it were mentioned on this station, many would recognize my name and then you would make needless trouble for yourself" she told him simply, pressing her wonderfully soft lips to his once more before pulling stepping into her dress and pulling if up around her figure. Kail just recalled how she had no underwear on when he brought her back here. The girl was quite prepared. "Well then, farewell. Good luck with marriage" Kail joked as he twisted the heavy handle on his door and pulled it open. The door swung open with the groaning sound of heavy metal against metal. Kail grabbed a jacket from the floor and put it on and grabbed the belt and holster with his gun and put it on. "Well then, shall we?" he asked the Il'Tak in a light voice. The two walked down the straight, narrow corridor of the ship, the path lit dimly by overhead lights as well as the usual strip under the grating. Pipes and wires adorned the walls and ceiling. Hissing could be heard from the cooling pipes as they did their job. They headed up towards the bridge, but stopped short at the hatch that led outside. A little further the widened area of the bridge could be seen and they could hear Grig milling about in their, grumbling to himself as usual. He twisted the circular handle on the door and pushed it open. Artificial light from the station poured in and Kail closed his eyes, sighing. Not only was the light bright, but he was fighting a hangover as well. "Later" he called after the leaving girl. She returned a slight smile and gave a half-salute. "Captain" she said simply before walking down the ramp and onto the cold metal floor of the station port, heading for the residential district he assumed.

"Mmm...I bet she was nice eh Cap'n?" said Grig right behind Kail. It took control not to flinch. Kail could never understand how the six hundred pound Korian could be so quiet sometimes. He turned and looked over his first mate and good friend. "Grig...I swear you gotta stop doing that. I'm either gonna have a heart attack or I'm gonna accidently shoot ya. You get me?" Kail said, feigning anger. Kail was 5'11" and measured nothing against the massive bulk of Grig. Korians were large, scaly-skinned creatures that were usually a pale green in color. Their faces were similar to a humans only they had bone that potruded from their jawline to form a sortof horn-like beard. Their eyes were black and their mouths full of carnivorous jagged teeth. They had very strong tails, many of which had spikes on the ends. To top it all off, Korians were nothing but solid muscle. Very few decide to toy with a Korian, otherwise they end up dead. Grig stood about nine feet tall and had to hunch in the ship to walk. His bulk nearly filled the whole corridor wall-to-wall whereas Kail and his companion for the night had just walked shoulder-to-shoulder. The massive creature laughed at Kail, the sound causing the human's innards to vibrate uncomfortably. "Now tha' would be a interestin' sight to see!" the scaly friend said. Kail shook his head and headed down the ramp to the station floor. "Well, let's go see what this guy wants" Kail said with no enthusiasm. Being a space pirate wasn't always fun and games though is usually was. Pirates often act as mercenaries or jack-of-all-trades at times, getting hired to do jobs few others would. Grig and Kail were on their way to a potential client apparently. Kail could feel the ramp jolt as Grig stepped onto it. The Korian turned and closed the hatch on the ship and continued down the ramp. Kail was facing him but he was looking at his ship. Robotic arms and various people were crawling all over it, repairing the damage from their last little adventure in the stars. That was a fun day. He sighed a little, seeing the grey hull still blank as always. He didn't like not having a name for his ship but he couldn't ever think of a good one. Grig had some suggestions, but half of them Kail couldn't even pronounce because they were in Korian. The ship was somewhat small, but not the smallest. It had good maneuverablitity and speed, pefect for what it was used for.

Grig could see the contemplative look on Kail's face, like all the cogs in his brain were turning at once. "Give 'er time. You'll think o' somethin'" the knowing creature said in his rumble of a voice, snapping Kail from his thoughts. "Let's go see what this guy wants" Kail said, wishing he had another drink right now. That or a mass dose of painkillers for his headache. The two headed down the silver walkway, surrounded by similarly colored buildings and many residents milling about with their day-to-day lives here. Kail was never a fan of stations. The artificial living was not to his taste. Everything looked the same dull grey, everything was metal and even the recreational areas that had imitation plant-life was simply dull. The only good thing was that if you wanted to find someone on a station, there weren't many places they could hide without a ship of their own. "So tell me again, who are we meeting?" Kail asked. Grig snorted in annoyance. "Name's Xom. An Il'Tak. Some big shot I 'ear" Grig answered. Kail sighed, his thoughts travelling back to the Il'Tak who just left his presence. He still worried that the girl's husband would come looking for him. Not that he feared for his life, he just didn't want any trouble right now. Fighting while having a hangover just isn't fun. After many twists and turns through crowds and tall buildings rising around them, they entered a small, unremarkable residency. Kail had a feeling it didn't belong to Xom but rather someone who was probably being held prisoner in his own home for the time being. In the center of the room the two entered sat a silver-haired man who's golden eyes stared calmly but somewhat darkly at the two. Kail could already tell this man was definately not a good man. He groaned, knowing this wasn't gonna be good. A human male stood on either side of who Kail presumed to be Xom, their arms folded over their chests. They both wore black suits and dark glasses, like the agents in old movies Kail had seen. Xom steepled his hands before him and smiled slightly. "Welcome. As you know, I have a job for the two of you" Xom said, his voice melodic but carrying a malicious undertone to it.

Kail's eyes narrowed at the man. "Come on already, just tell me what the hell you want us to do so I can do it and get paid" he said, hating when people play out the theatrics. It was a business transaction so Kail just wanted people to get to the damned point sometimes. Golden orbs narrowed dangerously at the red headed human. "Fine. I want you to kill someone for me" Xom stated simply and quickly. Grig grunted angrily and shook his head. Kail simply laughed and looked to his companion for a moment. They both nodded and looked back to Xom. "Fuck that. We're not assassins. Go find a Zeel for something like that" Kail said, smiling sarcastically at the men before him. He turned to leave, Grig following, when someone ran past them into the room. The man ran to Xom and leaned close, whispering something in his ear. Kail had a bad feeling about this and turned to face them once more. He could see the seething anger form on the originally calm features of the Il'Tak. Suddenly Xom leapt to his feet and threw his hand forward, finger pointing dramatically at Kail. "You slept with my wife?!?!" he shouted. "Oh shit" Kail said simply. "Kill them both!" Xom ordered the two guards. The two started for their weapons but Kail was faster. He drew his pistol, aimed and fired two shots before the two even grabbed their guns. The bullets whizzed through the air and put a hole in each of their foreheads. The hollowpoint bullets expanded in the two men's heads and burst out the back, spraying the walls with blood, brains and skull fragments. The gun was trained on Xom next but Kail didn't fire. "Go check outside to see if it's clear" Kail said to Grig, his voice suddenly dead serious for the first time today. Grig nodded and went to follow his order. Kail walked slowly up to Xom. "Heh, she was really good too" Kail said with a suddeny grin. Xom was about to shout in rage but Kail pistol-whipped him across the jaw, knocking the Il'Tak to the floor. He didn't want to kill the lovely girl's husband so he left him there.

At a nod from Grig, he knew it was clear outside so they both rushed out the door. Xom was pushing himself from the floor, spitting blood that filled his mouth from the large gash. Kail heard him shouting something and just knew that more of his little body guards were on their way. "Time to run!" Kail shouted and they increased their speed, shoving pedestrians out of the way. "Sorry! Sorry! Coming through! Clear a path people!!" he shouted the whole way. A bullet buzzed past his ear and he turned to see man more men following them, guns pointed at them and the crowd. "Hey there's innocent people here!" Kail shouted. He may have been a pirate but hurting bystanders wasn't his style. He opted to started weaving in and out of the various alleyways between buildings. It gave the men better shots at them, but kept civilians from harm. Besides, all they had to do was outrun them. Grig and Kail found themselves in a particularly narrow alley that was also long. "Shit, not good" Kail said. He could hear his pursuers nearing and they would have plenty chance to kill them both. Grig stopped and turned, to face the way they had came from. He rumbled with a laugh. "I've been wantin' to try out me new toy" he said gruffly as he pulled something out from behind his large cloak. It looked like a fancy, tehcnological version of a medievil battleaxe, Korian sized. The large creature pulled a cable from a large gauntlet on his right arm and attached it to the bottom of the axe. He flipped a switch on the gauntlet and held the axe overhead. Kail grinned, knowing where this was going. As soon as the group of men came around the corner and headed into the alley, Grig threw his weight forward and brought his arms down, hurling the axe end-over-end in a verticle spin. The cable reeled out as the axe flew with great force towards the men. The first man in line simply froze, eyes frozen open with horror. The axe collided with the body but didn't slow. It sliced through the first, second, third, forth and stuck into the fifth's chest. The first four were cleaved not-so-neatly in half from head to waist. The fifth gurgled and died while stuck to the weapon. He slumped over and only one man was still standing. The man turned and ran away screaming as Grig flipped the switch on his arm. The cable retracted so rapidly it jerked entrails from the man stuck to it. The handle flew to Grig's waiting hand and he turned to keep running, cleaning and putting the weapon up as they fled.

"That worked better than I expected. I love your combination of old school punishment with a new school flare!" Kail said, laughing. The two came out of the alley at the space port and started a sprint across the wide open area. Loud popping noises followed by pings of high velocity metal hitting still metal caused Kail to curse once more. He turned to see more men shooting at him and Grig as they made for the ship. They weaved in and out of equipment, Kail occasionally firing back at them blindly. The workers already ducked down behind things. Obviously this wasn't the first time bullets flew through here. Kail ran quickly up the ramp to the ship when they reached is, throwing the hatch open. Grig grunted as a bullet scraped his side, though it didn't even cut through the scales. The two went through the door and closed it behind them. The sound of bullets dinging the hull were making Kail angry. He ran to the two-seat bridge and jumped in the pilot's chair. He couldn't help but laugh at the similarity of his dream and this exact event. His sleeping with a girl causing someone to try and kill him. Grig glanced at him with suspicion. Flipping many switches quickly, Kail readied the ship for take off. He wouldn't be back here for a while most likely. The ship growled to life, the engine causing an almost unnoticed rumble through the entire contraption. Grig sat in his chair as the view opened up to find the docking bay closing, trying to stop his escape. Kail smiled. "Too slow" he said as he hit the accelerator and rocketed them out of the station and into the black abyss. Kail stood and sighed. "Well that was a fun day" he said with only partial sarcasm. Grig shook his head and chuckled deeply. "Do ya think ye could make it just one day without having even one person tryin' to kill ya?" the big guy asked rhetorically. Kail feigned a scowl. "Hey, there was that one day last week where nothing bad happened at all!" he defended himself. Grig laughed more. "That was only 'cuz you were unconcious from the day before" he pointed out. Kail laughed with his friend before stretching his arms. He sat back in the pilot's seat and looked to Grig. "So...um...where we goin' now?" he asked as the ship silently slipped through the endless ocean of black.

To be continued...
Sign up to rate and review this story