Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > Ultimate Life Forms

Who's gonna win

by Magnatron 0 reviews

dito what I said before.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Amy Rose, Dr. Robotnik, Knuckles, Miles "Tails" Prower, Rouge, Shadow, Sonic - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-03-03 - Updated: 2006-03-03 - 2935 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER 2 Who's Gonna Win

Sonic gave the black hedgehog, that had broken into his friend's home, a once over. The dark hedgehog looked like him, except that he had blue fur, while this hedgehog had black, and red fur, and this hedgehog had a little white fur on his chest. Other than that they looked almost exactly alike.

Sonic saw the black hedgehog get ready to speak, but he decided to beat his look-alike to the punch.

"Who are you?" The dark hedgehog glared at Sonic and Tails, and said. "I am Shadow, the Ultimate Life Form. Give me the Chaos Emerald, or I shall be forced to take it from you."

"Ultimate Life Form huh? Well if you're so ultimate, then how can you be forced to do anything?" Sonic asked.

Shadow scoffed. "You have no idea what you're getting into hedgehog."

"On the contrary, I think that I'm getting into a fight with someone who just tried to beat up my best friend." Sonic said with a smile.

He wasn't angry any more. Tails hadn't been hurt nearly as bad as he had feared. So he had cooled off. But Shadow didn't seem to be intimidated by the fact that he was outnumbered two to one. So it looked like they were going to have to fight him. But Sonic didn't want to fight in Tail's garage. They might break one of Tails inventions.
Sonic gestured for Tails to give him the Chaos Emerald, and tossed it in the air. When he caught it he said. "You want it? Come, get it." And with that Sonic ran past Shadow, through the house, and out the front door.

Sonic wasn't worried about Tails. His best friend would try to keep up with him. So Sonic could run around, and just check on Tails periodically.

Sonic reached the center of Tail's runway, turned around, and waited for Shadow and Tails to come out. Tails came out after a second of waiting, but Sonic didn't see Shadow. Sonic crossed his arms, and started tapping his foot on the ground. "What's keeping him? Umph."

"Chaos control."

Sonic flew forward, and landed on his face. Jumping to his feet Sonic turned around, to see who, or what had hit him, in the back. But Sonic didn't see anything. Sonic scratched his head, in confusion.

"Hey!" Tails yelled.

Sonic turned around to see what was happening, but all he saw was Tails, who had been thrown at him. Tails slammed into Sonic, and they both fell to the ground with a thud.

Sonic jumped up, and saw Shadow, standing, about ten feet away, holding a chaos emerald, with a smug look on his face.

"I told you hedgehog. You have no idea what you're getting into," he said.

...............................................................................................................................................................................

Tails was amazed. Amazed and puzzled. Shadow had appeared out of nowhere, and attacked Sonic from behind. And then he appeared next to him, and threw him into Sonic. At first Tails had thought that he was moving so fast that he and Sonic had just missed him. But Tails rejected that idea, because he had been moving pretty fast himself, and in order for Shadow to move fast enough for Tails to miss him, he would have to move far beyond the speed of sound. And Tails hadn't heard a sonic boom. So the only explanation left was that Shadow was disappearing, and reappearing somewhere else.

"I told you hedgehog. You have no idea what you're getting into."

Tails jumped up, and tried to hit Shadow with a spin attack, but Shadow dodged it. Tails turned around, and saw Shadow try to dodge a spin attack, from Sonic, but Tails had thrown Shadow off balance, and he received a glancing blow.

Tails curled into a ball, and sent another spin attack at Shadow.

...............................................................................................................................................................................

Shadow knew that he couldn't defeat both the fox and the blue hedgehog at once. The fox wasn't that good a fighter, but he was a lot better than his appearance would make one think. And the blue hedgehog was almost as fast as he was. Maybe even just as fast. And Shadow was tired from using chaos control twice.

"I was wrong. If the other Chaos Emeralds are this easy, then I'm in big trouble." But Shadow wasn't ready to admit defeat yet. He had a plan. And if his plan worked out, he would only need to use chaos control one more time.

The fox tried to hit Shadow with another spin attack, but Shadow just ignored him, and tried to hit the blue hedgehog with his own spin attack. The blue hedgehog saw him coming, and did a spin attack back at him. Shadow and the blue hedgehog collided, the impact sending them both flying backwards. Shadow landed on his back, while the blue hedgehog, who wasn't tired, landed on his feet, a little over six feet away from the edge of Tails runway.
Shadow gripped the chaos emerald, and shouted, "Chaos control."

Shadow appeared next to Sonic, and, summoning all of his strength, hit him in the stomach with a spin attack. Sonic went flying backwards, right over the edge of the cliff.

Shadow was very tired. He had intended to go for the fox, after knocking the blue hedgehog off of the cliff, but he was so tired that he knew that it would be a futile effort.

"Sonic!" the fox shouted, as he raced right over the edge of the cliff, after his friend.

Shadow peered over the edge of the cliff, and he saw the fox grab Sonic, and start flying back up. Sonic smiled at the fox, and said, "All right Tails."

Shadow stared at Sonic in confusion. He had just praised two of the fox's body parts. If he wanted to praise the fox, then why didn't he simply call the fox by his name?

Then all of a sudden something snatched the Chaos Emerald out of Shadow's hand.

Shadow was getting quite annoyed. First the fox had kept him from getting away quietly with the Chaos Emerald, then Sonic had showed up, then when he had Sonic beaten the deformed fox had saved him, and now Someone had snuck up on him, and taken his Chaos Emerald.

He was going to show Sonic, his little fox friend and whoever had snuck up behind him, what it meant to cross Shadow the Ultimate Life Form.
Shadow turned around, to get a good look at whoever had dared to try to take his Chaos Emerald.

...............................................................................................................................................................................

Eggman flew his hover-egg towards Tails house. He knew that they had a Chaos Emerald there. Once he got there he would create a distraction, allowing his newest servant, Chaos, to sneak in, and steal it. And once he had all seven Chaos Emeralds, Chaos would become unstoppable.

When Eggman got to Tails house, he was surprised to see Sonic and Tails, fighting a black and red hedgehog, who looked like Sonic. Eggman stared at the new hedgehog in fascination. He had never seen him before. Was he related to Sonic?

As Eggman watched, the black hedgehog disappeared, reappeared next to Sonic, and did a spin attack at Sonic, knocking him off of the cliff.

Eggman felt anger boil inside him. Sonic was his arch nemesis. If anyone was going to beet Sonic it would be him, Dr. Eggman. Not some new black and red hedgehog. Eggman glared daggers at the black hedgehog. He was going to show him.

"Sonic," Tails shouted, interrupting Eggman's thoughts. He had forgotten about Tails. Eggman turned towards Sonic's, young fox friend, just in time to see him jump over the edge of the cliff after Sonic.

Eggman smiled. Tails would rescue Sonic.
The black hedgehog looked over the edge of the cliff. Eggman saw some light reflect off of the black hedgehog's hand, as he did so. Eggman gave the black hedgehog's hand a closer look. He was holding a Chaos Emerald.

"Ooh ha ha," Eggman laughed, as he activated the claw, at the bottom of his egg-mobile, that he had used, more than once, before to steal Chaos Emeralds from Sonic and Tails.

...............................................................................................................................................................................

Sonic flailed his arms, and tried to run up the cliff, but his feet couldn't reach it. So he continued falling.

Sonic looked down, at the water, and fear coursed threw his body. Sonic didn't like large bodies of water. He didn't even like getting wet. Sonic didn't know why he didn't like water. There was just something about it that made him stop in fear.

Sonic continued falling down, getting closer and closer to the water.

Then suddenly Tails grabbed his arms. Sonic looked up, and smiled. "All right Tails." Tails smiled back, and started to fly back up.

Sonic made sure that he still had the Chaos Emerald in his hand, and then turned too looked up at the edge of the cliff. Shadow was there, but he had his back turned towards him, and Tails. Sonic stared in confusion. Why was Shadow all of a sudden interested in something else?
Sonic's thoughts were interrupted when something wet touched his hand. At first Sonic thought that he had been splashed. But he quickly gave that idea up, when the water yanked the Chaos Emerald out of his hand.

"Hey," Sonic shouted, turning to see what had happened.

"What is it Son? (Gasp), You!" Sonic stopped looking for the Chaos Emerald, and turned to see what had made Tails gasp, and he gasped as well. There, floating on his little egg-mobile was Dr. Eggman.

Tails set Sonic down about 9 feet away from Shadow and Dr. Eggman, and landed next to him.
Sonic was about to address Eggman, when he saw something that took his breath away. A small puddle of water, under Eggman's egg-mobile, was pulling itself up, and taking shape. The water formed a shape with two legs, two arms, a body, a head, two, rather large eyes, and what looked like a brain, in the back of its head.

Sonic felt like shying away from the creature. It wasn't that the shape it had formed was all that scary. It was that it was made of water. But even though he was intimidated Sonic refused to let it, and Eggman know it. So he stood his ground.

"Ahh Sonic, I see that you have met my newest servant, Chaos. Wonderful, isn't he? His cellular makeup is completely made out of water."
Sonic knew that Eggman was trying to get him, to back down out of fear. But Eggman's taunting only made him all the more determined to stand up to the evil Dr.

"If you think, that thing can take me down, then you've finally lost it Eggman," Sonic said, with a confidence that he didn't really feel. "He's barely bigger than me. And if his entire cellular structure is made out of water, then I should have no problem smashing him into a thousand droplets."

Sonic was beginning to feel a little better. He had discovered in the past that if he talked confident, and acted confident, then he would start to feel confident. And even though it hadn't helped him with his fear of water, it was helping him with his fear of this water creature, that Eggman had called Chaos.

"Oh I think that these will give Chaos the edge he needs to defeat you," Eggman said, holding up his Chaos Emerald with one hand, and pointing to the Chaos Emerald in Chaos's hand, with the other.

Sonic had forgotten about Shadow, but the, Ultimate Life Form, wasn't going to just sit back, while Eggman held his chaos emerald. Shadow skated for the Chaos Emerald, in Chaos's hand, but the water creature moved his arm, and Shadow skated right past.

"Foolish hedgehog," Eggman muttered, as he threw his Chaos Emerald to Chaos. Chaos's body absorbed both Chaos Emeralds, and he started to change shape. When he had finished morphing, he was about twice, his original size, and his arms had gained what looked like regular arm bones, other than that he looked about the same.

"Now, Chaos destroy that hedgehog," Eggman said, pointing at Sonic. Chaos turned towards Sonic, with his unblinking eyes. Sonic smirked. "Come and get some, big guy."

...............................................................................................................................................................................

Once again, everyone was ignoring him. Shadow figured that Sonic knew this Eggman, quite well, and considered the fat man more dangerous than he was. Shadow glanced at the fox out of the corner of his eye, and was tempted to go lay into him. But even though Sonic seemed to be completely absorbed in the upcoming fight with the water creature, Shadow figured that attacking the fox would be the best way to get his attention. And right now, attention was exactly what he didn't want.

Shadow looked Sonic over again. He was getting over his fear. How he knew that the water creature had scared Sonic, he wasn't sure. But somehow he knew. Just like now, he somehow knew that Sonic wasn't scared any more.

"Now, Chaos destroy that hedgehog."

At first Shadow thought that Eggman was talking about him, but a quick glance at the Dr. told him that he meant Sonic.

Shadow wasn't as tired as he had been a minute ago. Chaos controlling did take a lot out of him, but only for a short period of time. After the short rest, he was ready to role. And with every ones' attention on either Chaos, or Sonic, now was the perfect time to strike. "Nothing will stop me from collecting the Chaos Emeralds."

Shadow skated forward, and hit Chaos dead center, with a spin attack, passing threw the water creature, and landing next to Sonic. Shadow turned around, to survey the damage that he had done. What he saw didn't encourage him in the least. Chaos was completely unharmed, by the attack.

"Bwa Ha Ha Ha. You see? You can't harm Chaos. But he can harm you," Eggman said, smiling. "You wanna bet?" Sonic asked, turning towards Chaos, and charging.

Shadow decided to wait, a second, and see how Sonic fared against the water creature.
Sonic ran at Chaos, and tried to hit the creature's arm with a spin attack. Chaos was ready for this, and swung his hand at the blue hedgehog. Sonic's spin attack collided with Chaos's swing, and Sonic was sent flying into one of the palm trees, on the left side of Tails runway.

Tails flew after him, to get him down.
"Oooh Hooo. Not that way Sonic," Eggman hooted. "Chaos is far stronger than you."
Eggman continued to talk to Sonic, but Shadow didn't pay attention. Sonic had, had the right idea. Since hitting Chaos in an area where there was only water hadn't worked, hitting him in a more solid area might be affective.

Shadow looked Chaos over again. Sonic had already hit him in the arms, and that hadn't proved to be the least bit affective. So the only other parts of Chaos that weren't made of water were his eyes and, what appeared to be his brain. The brain was probably Chaos's weak spot, but his eyes were close enough, that Shadow decided to hit them both with one attack.

Shadow skated for Chaos head on. Chaos's arms were down, and Shadow thought that he could hit him in eyes, and pass threw to the brain, before Chaos could react. But Chaos's speed surprised Shadow.

Chaos slapped Shadow with the back of his hand, sending Shadow flying. Shadow landed on his feet, and turned around to try again.

Chaos wasn't looking at Shadow. Sonic was attacking again, and he had Chaos's attention.
"Perfect," Shadow thought, as he skated forward to hit Chaos in the back of the head.

Chaos threw Sonic off of him, and then turned towards Tails, but Shadow's spin attack connected with his brain, and he fell to the ground, in the form of a puddle.

Chaos tried to reform, but Sonic hit him in the head, and he fell back to the ground. He tried a second time, but Shadow hit him once again, and once again he fell back to the ground.

"No way, I can't believe this!" Eggman shouted.
Sonic was shouting something back, but Shadow didn't pay attention. He was going to keep hitting this creature until it coughed up the Chaos Emeralds, and he just might keep hitting it after that.

Shadow had hit Chaos, four or five times, when Eggman flew over his head.

Shadow jumped out from underneath Eggman's Egg-mobile, just before a small hole opened up on the bottom of it. The Egg-mobile sucked up Chaos, and flew off, over the water at high speeds.

Shadow glared daggers at Eggman's shrinking form, on the horizon. Eggman had gotten away, before he had a chance to get the Chaos Emeralds from Chaos. And now he was back to where he stared.

"So we gonna finish our fight?" Sonic asked, with a wry smile on his face.

Shadow glared at the blue hedgehog. He had no intention of continuing the fight, since there weren't any more Chaos Emeralds to fight over.
Shadow took off, at high speeds. He needed to find the other Chaos Emeralds, and then he needed to find, Eggman and Chaos. As he skated over the bridge, heading towards Station Square, he looked behind him.

Sonic was about ten feet behind him, and keeping up a steady pace.

"I'm going to have to find a way to get rid of that hedgehog," Shadow thought, as he picked up speed.

To be continued.
Sign up to rate and review this story