Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Immortal - Part I: Shadows of Guilt

Prologue - Ghosts of a Memory

by Chunky 1 review

As Voldemort begins his second rise to power, the eyes of the world are fixed on England. One man, a survivor of the First War, sends an operative to aid the child of prophecy.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Tom Riddle,Tonks - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-08-20 - Updated: 2008-08-21 - 6540 words

-1Boring
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or anything from the Universe created by J.K.R. I merely enjoy playing with her characters. I do not and will not make money with it for the simpel reason that I cannot afford to mess with J.K.R.'s lawyers.

AN: Greetings, and thank you for reading. This story IS a Harry/Tonks pairing, but they will be one of many characters, and unlike most authors, I refuse to center my story on a character that has been examined inside and out so many times it starts to get boring. Harry WILL be the main character of the story, but he will have friends and companions, NOT sidekicks. Therefore, the story will center on ALL of the characters, sometimes neglecting to mention the exact contents of Harry's breakfast bowl to mention.. oh I don't know... Ron's attempt at subtelity to find out exactly how Malfoy made it into the Gryffendor common room. Much more interesting, don't you think? ;) And NO that wasn't a spoiler, I am not stupid.

Now on to something more important: I am german, and have been told my english is excellent. By people who can barely pronounce their own name. Thus, I need YOUR help, dear reader. If you can find an error in my grammar, spelling or even a wrong word, PLEASE tell me. I have gone through the story several times before posting it, and I cannot find any more mistakes. Therefore I won't improve if you don't tell me about any mistakes I did not find. Thank you in advance for your aid and without further ado, I give you:

Shadows of Guilt

Prologue – Ghosts of a Memory


Ginny Weasley slowly came back to consciousness. She was exhausted and confused and every muscle and nerve in her body seemed to ache abominably. Cruel laughter and shouts still rang in her ears and something sticky covered her right arm. She still clutched the hilt of her shattered wand in her tiny fist. But finally, the shadow that hovered over her soul for the last year was gone. She could finally think freely and remember – oh yes, she remembered everything. The humiliation, the pain, the horrid deeds she had done... she whimpered and rolled into a protective ball on the cold, slimey floor. Why had he done that to her? He was her best friend in the world! How could he force her to open her soul for him, to let him inside her? Tears ran freely down her cheaks. Why had she given in? Afterall, she had done all that. She had not fought him hard enough, no, she had given in. He had laughed at her futile atempts to fight his increasing influence on her mind and body. The youngest Weasley had felt the shadow seeping into her mind, yet she had not asked for help, mostly out of fear. But what good did it do her? Now, this strange boy knew everything. He had seen her, when she opened the Chamber one last time, for her life to be sacrificed to Tom Marvolo Riddle. She let out an anguished whimper as the memory flooded back into her mind...

The basilisk writhed and twitched as the Sword of Gryffindor broke through its skull and plunged into it's brain. A sharp cry of pain from the boy who wielded it. Blood stained to floor and the few pillars that remained after the fierce fight and mixed with the green slime on the floor and the dripping water from the ceiling.

A tall boy stood defiantly in front of the dying Monster of Slytherin, the Sword of Gryffindor still tightly clutched in his right. His long black hair was ruffled and stood at an odd angle from his head, as he pulled the large, venom dripping fang from his right arm.

"It's over Tom. You will not get her." he stated quietly. The cruel laughter of Tom Riddle rang through the chamber and clashed with the mourning song of the big red bird circling the ceiling.

"OVER? OVER?! It has not even STARTED! Soon, you will die, and she will follow suit! Then I will live and YOU will rot in this chamber forever!" shouted the ghostly image of a young, handsome man.

The boy answered this with a sad smile. "Maybe I will die. But she will not!" and with these words he charged forward, the basilisk's fang still in hand, toward the still form of Ginevra Molly Weasley at the feet of the giant statue of Salazar Slytherin. He came skidding to halt, falling to his knees in the process. A soft smile tugged on his lips as he gently pulled away the small black book clutched to the girls chest. "Don't worry Ginevra. You shall be free soon." With these words he liftet the basilisk's fang high over the book.

Suddenly, the girls eyes snapped open. But they were not their usual warm chocolate brown. They were of a deep pitch black, a black so dark, every bit of white in her eyes seemed to be gone. Her small body whirled around on the floor and landed a kick against the boys throat. He fell backwards and the fang slid over the floor and came to a halt a few feet away from the boys still outstretched hand.

"Oh no, can't make it that easy, can I?" taunted the little girl, as she got gracefully to her feet. The boy watched in disbelieve as she drew her wand from her pocket and aimed it right at him. An evil smirk warped her innocent face into a cruel mask. "Did you really think I would let you do that? I am Lord Voldemort! I can't be stopped by a mere student!" she stated arrogantly. "Now, what am I to do with you?“ she circled him like predator would do with his prey, knowing he could not escape. "It would be merciful to just put you out of your misery," she jabbed her wand at him and a sickly-green light flew at him and crashed in the floor inches from his head. "But after all the trouble you gave me, I think I should have some fun first, shall I? CRUCIO!"

The boy on the floor curled into a ball and gritted his teeth as the incredible pain of the torture-curse washed over him. Then, there was a bright flash of light, and a soothing song filled the air. The boys features evened as the phoenix landet next to his head while crying silvery tears. Where the tears dropped on the boys injured arm, they washed away the blood and revealed unmarred skin. The little girl cursed violently and fired a spell at the big bird that impacted on a multicolored dome around the phoenix.

"That blasted bird! Phoenix tears! I should have remembered. Oh well. More fun for me, don't you think?" the little girl stated with an evil grin. The phoenix took air again and vanished with a bright flash of flame. The boy got slowly to his feat, horror in his face as he raised his wand.

"Let her go, Tom! This is between you and me, leave her out of this!" he shouted.

"Oh, you misunderstand the situation," answered Tom with the little girls voice. "She has everything to do with it. You are just a mere nuisance, a little pebble on my road to greatness! AVADA KEDAVRA!"

The boy spun out of the way of the killing curse and dived behind a pillar. "Oh come on, my boy! You are a bit old to play hide and seek!" With a wave of her wand, the pillar collapsed and the boy scrambled out of the way of the falling debris.

"Ginny, I am sorry!" he shouted and shot a weak reductor-curse right at her chest. The little girl was thrown back a few feet by the force of the spell, but rolled expertly back to her feet.

"Ah yes, the weak heart of the light! You don't want to hurt her, do you? Well, I shall give you no choice! AVADA-" her spell was interupted as a bubble formed around her head and stopped her from speaking. Waving her wand angrily, she dissoveled the bubble and shot a purple curse at the boy, who barely managed to block it with a light blue shield charm. She laughed and launched a barrage of dark curses at her enemy. He dove behind another pillar to catch his breath. The sweet voice of Ginny Weasley floated through the chamber.

"Come out come out, wherever you are..." she chanted and shot a reductor curse at the pillar. "Come out and I shall grant you a quick death! You cannot win this duell! Either I kill you or you kill the girl! If you die, she will follow soon and I will be free! If you kill her, I will be free and kill you! Come now, listen to reason! This doesn't have to be so hard on you! I will even make you an offer: Join me! Be the first of my followers in the new dawning age! Be my right hand and I shall grant you all you could ever wish for! I could even think about letting this little girl live. You could have her. She would make an adequate toy, once she gets older, don't you think?"

"I will NEVER join you, you monster!“ he cried angrily and stepped out of his cover. He fired a stinging hex at her hand and charged forward, shooting hexes all the way. The little girl grinned while she lazily blocked the hexes flying her way. Then a look of concentration dawned on her face as if trying to figure out a difficult puzzle. She screamed angrily and whirled around, aiming her wand at the ghostly image that had apeared above the small black book that lay forgotten at the foot of the statue.

An image of a little girl with vibrant red hair and chocolate brown eyes. Ghostly tears ran down her pale cheaks, but her jaw was clenched in silent resolve.

"Don't worry about me! Destroy that monster! Please! Do it!" she shrieked desparetly and jumped at her living counterpart. The boy had stopped dead in his tracks as she appeared, but now charged forward again, while the little girl tried to fight off the ghost of herself. With a resounding smack, his fist crashed against her jaw and threw her backwards to the ground. A well aimed kick splintered her wand into a dozen pieces and an eerie wail could be heard as the little girl moaned in pain. The ghostly image collapsed upon her body, making the wail even louder as Tom Riddle was forced from his host by it's original owner and the little girl was overcome by darkness once again.


Ginny shook violently on the floor as the memorys passed her mind. She was scared and cold and confused and yet she was not sure what had happened after she managed to reclaim her body. She didn't dare to open her eyes for fear that Tom would be there, laughing at her weakness. She heard heavy steps coming closer, and she whimpered quietly and rolled tighter into the feutal position. A warm hand stroked softly over her hair and she felt herself encircled by a pair of strong arms.

"Ginny? Ginny are you allright?" asked a soft male voice very close to her ear. She whimpered and tried to roll into a ball again, but whoever had caught her didn't let go and quietly murmured soothing words in her ear while softly stroking her back. She relaxed a bit as she remembered the voice. Though it was rough and weak now, it was the voice of the boy that saved her. Ginny tentativly opened her eyes and saw nothing but blackeness. She started to panic, but the soft voice and the gentle touch of his hands on her back calmed her down enough to realize that she was sitting on his lap, her head resting on his chest, and she was looking at his robes. She pulled back a little to look at his face.

Midnight blue eyes met chocolate brown for a moment and she realized that the boy holding her right now was not who she thought he was. He smiled softly at her and asked again. "Are you allright?" She hastily shook her head and pressed her head against his chest again. It didn't matter who he was. The important thing was that he was here now, that he held her and offered a shoulder to cry on. Tears ran down her cheeks freely as she stopped holding back the sobbs that shook her body. He held her murmured soothing words until she calmed down enough to remember her confusion.

"Who are you?" she asked in a wavering voice. "I have never seen you before. How do you know me?"

"I'm Til. And I know you because we are going to the same school. You are sort of hard to miss." he answered, a slight grin in his voice. She sniffed lightly at his attempted joke and looked back to his face.

She tried for a watery smile and said "Th-thank you, I guess..." she started, but was interrupted by Til.

"There is no need to thank me, Ginny. I know what you've been through this year. No one deserves that. I just did what everyone would have done." Ginny winced at his words and looked away. He knew what she had done. Everything. Now he would hate her, like everyone else. How could she face her parents ever again after what she had done? Or her brothers? She was brought out of her musings by a strong hand under her chin, forcing her look Til in the face again.

"I know that look. And I don't want to see it on you. Always remember Ginny," he said, taking her face in both of his hands. "You are not responsible for what he made you do! He tricked you, and by the time you could have done anything, it was too late. He tricked far older and wiser people than you or me, but few have survived to tell the tale. No one will blame you, Ginny, they know you would never have done such a thing!"

She closed her eyes, unable to face these clear midnight blue eyes. "I am so sorry," she whispered through her tears, "I was weak, I allowed him to do all these things..."

"No Ginny, you were not weak. In fact, you were anything but. You fought him of for a whole year. You even saved my life before, when I was duelling with Tom. I would never have beaten him, if you hadn't helped me, Ginny. Never forget that. You are strong, stronger than most people in the wizarding world."

"But...“ she began, but was imediatly interrupted. "No buts, Ginevra." His voice was soft, but firm, end she started to believe him. She really did fight him, but she still wasn't convinced that no one would blame her for it. She sniffed again and shook her head, trying to clear her mind. There was something she had wanted to ask, but it escaped her before she could grasp it. Something about the boy when he came into the chamber...

Suddenly it hit her. She remembered. Tom had called him 'Harry'! And now that she thought about it, she was sure the boys eyes had been a startling emerald green when he stepped into the Chamber. But now, his eyes were blue. The darkest blue she had ever seen, but how was that possible? She frowned and pondered this a while, happy to have something to distract herself with from the darkness dwelling in the back of her mind.

"He called you 'Harry'..." she started tentativly. "And I remember that Harry was here... but... now there is only you." she raised her chin and looked into his eyes. "Who are you really? I know you were Harry, but now you are not... how did you do that?" she asked with confusion evident in her voice. She was absolutly positiv that Harry was the one that walked into the Chamber, but now, he was gone. Sure, this boy had a slight resemblence to Harry, but not enough to explain it. The eyes alone were a dead give away. It was strange, he even resembled Tom Riddle, in a way. But strangely, she was not afraid of him. She just knew that he was not going to hurt her. His deep blue eyes showed nothing but concern and maybe a bit of exhaustion.

He stared down at her for a moment longer and a battle seemed to rage behind his eyes. Finally, he sighed and shook his head.

"Not now, Ginny. It's a long story and we don't have time for that now. Your parents will be worried." Ginny shrank back slightly as he reminded her of her parents. What would they think of her? She looked pleadingly up to his face and whispered

"Please don't leave me alone... I... what will they do? What will they think... I don't want to be alone..." She burried her face in his chest and started crying again. She heard him sigh.

"I... can't stay with you Ginny. Technically, I'm not even here. But... I know someone in school who could take care of you, if you let her. Her name is Jenna. I'll tell her to look after you, okay?" he asked after a long pause. She thought a moment about this. What he said was strange – really strange – but on the other hand, this whole year had been a mixture of strange, dangerous and horrible, so it was probably best to go for strange, if it was her best choice. She nodded mutely against his chest and whispered

"Okay."

"Well then. Let's get you out of here Ginny. Your parents are waiting." With that, he lifted her up and carried her to the entrance.

A large cave-in seemed to have taken place here not too long ago, there was rubble and heavy boulders everywhere, but someone had cleared a path through it. Ginny wondered briefly who else this strange boy might have brought with him, as a patch of flaming red her appeared in the opening between the large debris. Her brother Ron stared shocked at her, mouth hanging open, while her saviour walked calmly towards him.

"Hi Ron. Bit of trouble in there, but no worrys, Ginny is fine." he called out with false cheerfulness and waved merrily at Ron, who kept staring incredulously at him.

"Wha... how did you get in there?" was all he managed to say, before Harry Potter came into view, dusty and worn and with a defeated look in his eyes.

"What?" he managed quietly before he became aware of Ginny and the tall boy across the hall. Just as he started to stare just as dumbfooded at the two tired and beaten children, two grey flashes of light hit Ron and Harry directly between the eyes. Their faces went blank immediatly and they just stared into space.

The boy set her down gently and smiled down at her reassuringly.

"Memory Charm, don't worry. I'm quite good with them by now. They won't remember any of this until I'm outa here." he explained still smiling. "Just wait until they respond again and you'll be fine. And remember: Keep all this to yourself." and with that, he started to climb up the slimey tube that was the entrance into the chamber.

Disclaimer:I do not own Harry Potter or anything from the Universe created by J.K.R. I merely enjoy playing with her characters. I do not and will not make money with it for the simpel reason that I cannot afford to mess with J.K.R.'s lawyers.




A/N:Hello and welcome to the first part of the 'Immortal' Series, 'Shadows of Guilt'. There will be five parts, one for each year. I tried to built it into canon as much as possible – thanks to J.K. Rowling and her holey writing style that allows me to sneak this in without too much disturbance. I guess I'll have to go slightly AU in Year Four and Five and after that totally AU. Now, if you expect a super happy-fluffy lovestory with all pixie-land in the end – stop reading RIGHT here. I don't write crap like that. Pixie-land is for little girls and penguins, not for humans.There WILL be a not so little amount of romance to it, but the story isn't about that. It's about war, and what it does to people – no matter which side they have taken – and their loved ones. For the pairing, this will be Harry/Tonks. Why? Because you have only a handful of storys that feature a good version of this pairing. Doesn't matter now anyway, since 'Shadows of Guilt' [that's what you are reading now]plays directly after the Chamber of Secrets incident and therefore, the characters are simply too young. I will NOTstart with things like that before fourth year.

'Shadows of Guilt'is basicly a drama, not my strongest side, but will give my best, so please bear with me. It will by nature focus strongly on something that we DONT know about: Ginnys reaction to beeing posessed and used as puppet by Tommy Boy. Also, this story will feature a lot of Ocs. Only one of them plays a major role, you will recognise which one. The others are support cast to build the stage I want. We all know what Harry did during his third year. No changes there. The next part of the series – which doesn't even have a working title yet – will be a bit more action. And a lot more Harry. Rest assured – He WILL be the hero. The hero of heroes in fact. But this will be more like LotR – many heroes from many nations gather around the future King of Kings. I can't tell you anything more, that would be telling. So, to make a long story short: If you like tales of drama, romance and war, then 'Immortal' will be exactly what you are looking for.




Shadows of Guilt




Prologue– Ghosts of a Memory




Ginny Weasley slowly came back to consciousness. She was exhausted and confused and every muscle and nerve in her body seemed to ache abominably. Cruel laughter and shouts still rang in her ears and something sticky covered her right arm. She still clutched the hilt of her shattered wand in her tiny fist. But finally, the shadow that hovered over her soul for the last year was gone. She could finally think freely and remember – oh yes, she remembered everything. The humiliation, the pain, the horrid deeds she had done... she whimpered and rolled into a protective ball on the cold, slimey floor. Why had he done that to her? He was her best friend in the world! How could he force her to open her soul for him, to let him inside her? Tears ran freely down her cheaks. Why had she given in? Afterall, she had done all that. She had not fought him hard enough, no, she had given in. He had laughed at her futile atempts to fight his increasing influence on her mind and body. The youngest Weasley had felt the shadow seeping into her mind, yet she had not asked for help, mostly out of fear. But what good did it do her? Harry and his friend knew everything. They had seen her, when she opened the Chamber one last time, for her life to be sacrificed to Tom Marvolo Riddle. She let out an anguished whimper as the memory flooded back into her mind...




The basilisc writhed and twitched as the Sword of Gryffindor broke through its skull and plunged into it's brain. A sharp cry of pain from the boy who wielded it. Blood stained to floor and the few pillars that remained after the fierce fight and mixed with the green slime on the floor and the dripping water from the ceiling.

A tall boy stood defiantly in front of the dying Monster of Slytherin, the Sword of Gryffindor still tightly clutched in his right. His short black hair was ruffled and stood at an odd angle from his head, as he pulled the large, venom dripping fang from his right arm.




It's over Tom. You will not get her.“ he stated quietly. The boys green eyes flickered strangely in the light as he slowly sank against a nearby pillar. The other stepped before him, wand raised in a defensive stance with worry and defiance shining in his midnight blue eyes. The cruel laughter of Tom Riddle rang through the chamber and clashed with the mourning song of the big red bird circling the ceiling.




OVER?OVER?! It has not even STARTED! Soon, you will die, and she will follow suit! Then I will live and YOU will rot in this chamber forever!“ shouted the ghostly image of a young, handsome man. The taller boy answered this with a sad smile. Tearing his gaze from his collapsed comrade he turned toward the looming specter.




Maybe we will die. But she will not!“ he shouted defiantly and charged forward, reddish and black lights shooting forth from his wand toward their tormentor. They passed harmlessly through him and once again he reared his head in cruel laughter. He came skidding to a halt next to the still form of Ginevra Molly Weasley at the feet of the giant statue of Salazar Slytherin, falling to his knees in the process. A soft smile tugged on his lips as he gently pulled away the small black book clutched to the girls chest.




Don't worry Ginevra. You shall be free soon. Harry!" As gentle as the words were, the name came out as a defiant shout and the book sailed through the air toward the collpased form near the pillars. A feral, if weak grin tugged at his lips as the boy named Harry raised the basilisc fang over his head and plunged it into the cursed diary with all his might. The image of the young man once known as Tom Riddle wavered and disapeared while ink oozed out of the now destroyed diary. Both boys sighed in relief and the red and golden bird thrilled in triumph as he landed next to Harry. Silvery tears dripped into the festering wound into his arm as the bird cried for their sacrifice and Harry slipped into unconsciousness.




Suddenly, the girls eyes snapped open. But they were not their usual warm chocolate brown. They were of a deep pitch black, a black so dark, every bit of white in her eyes seemed to be gone. Her small body whirled around on the floor and landed a kick against the other boys throat, throwing him to the floor.




Oh no, can't make it that easy, can I?“ taunted the little girl, as she got gracefully to her feet. Both fighters watched in disbelieve as she drew her wand from her pocket and aimed it right at the boy before her. An evil smirk warped her innocent face into acruel mask.




Did you really think I would let you do that? I am Lord Voldemort! I can't be stopped by a pair of pathetic school children!“ she stated arrogantly. „Now, what am I to do with you?“ she circled him like predator would do with his prey, knowing he could not escape. „It would be merciful to just put you out of your misery,“ she jabbed her wand at him and a sickly-green light flew at him and crashed in the floor inches from his head. „But after all the trouble you gave me, I think I should have some fun first, shall I? CRUICIO!“

The boy on the floor curled into a ball and gritted his teeth as the incredible pain of the torture-curse washed over him. Then, there was a bright flash of light, and a soothing song filled the air. The boys features evened as the phoenix landet next to his head while crying silvery tears. The little girl cursed violently and fired a spell at the big bird that impacted on a multicolored dome around the phoenix.




That blasted bird! Phoenix tears! I should have remembered. Oh well. More fun for me, don't you think?“ the little girl stated with an evil grin. The phoenix took air again and vanished with a bright flash of flame. The boy got slowly to his feat, horror in his face as he raised his wand. „Let her go, Tom! This is between you and me, leave her out of this!“ he shouted.




Oh, you misunderstand the situation,“ answered Voldemort with the little girls voice. „She has everything to do with it. You are just a mere nuisance, a little pebble on my road to greatness! AVADA KEDAVRA!“




The boy spun out of the way of the killing curse and dived behind apillar. „Oh come on, my boy! You are a bit old to play hide and seek!“ With a wave of her wand, the pillar collapsed and the boy scrambled out of the way of the falling debris. „Ginny, Iam sorry!“ he shouted and shot a weak reductor-curse right at her chest. The little girl was thrown back a few feet by the force of the spell, but rolled expertly back to her feet. „Ah yes, the weak heart of the light! You don't want to hurt her, do you? Well, Ishall give you no choice! AVADA-“ her spell was interupted as abubble formed around her head and stopped her from speaking. Waving her wand angrily, she dissoveled the bubble and shot a purple curse at the boy, who barely managed to block it with a light blue shield charm. She laughed and launched a barrage of dark curses at her enemy. He dove behind another pillar to catch his breath. The sweet voice of Ginny Weasley floated through the chamber. „Come out come out, wherever you are...“ she chanted and shot a reductor curse at the pillar. „Come out and I shall grant you a quick death! You cannot win this duell! Either I kill you or you kill the girl! If you die, she will follow soon and I will be free! If you kill her, I will be free and kill you! Come now, listen to reason!This doesn't have to be so hard on you! I will even make you an offer: Join me! Be the first of my followers in the new dawning age!Be my right hand and I shall grant you all you could ever wish for! I could even think about letting this little girl live. You could have her. She would make an adequate toy, once she gets older, don't you think?“




I will NEVER join you, you monster!“ he cried angrily and stepped out of his cover. He fired a stinging hex at her hand and charged forward, shooting hexes all the way. The little girl grinned while she lazily blocked the hexes flying her way. Then a look of concentration dawned on her face as if trying to figure out adifficult puzzle. She screamed angrily and whirled around, aiming her wand at the ghostly image that had apeared above the small black book that lay forgotten at the foot of the statue.




An image of a little girl with vibrant red hair and chocolate brown eyes. Ghostly tears ran down her pale cheaks, but her jaw was clenched in silent resolve. „Don't worry about me! Destroy that monster! Please! Do it!“ she shrieked desparetly and jumped at her living counterpart. The boy had stopped dead in his tracks as she appeared, but now charged forward again, while the little girl tried to fight off the ghost of herself. With a resounding smack, his fist crashed against her jaw and threw her backwards to the ground. A well aimed kick splintered her wand into a dozen pieces and an eerie wail could be heard as the little girl moaned in pain. The ghostly image collapsed upon her body, making the wail even louder as Tom Riddle was forced from his host by it's original owner and the little girl was overcome by darkness once again.




Ginny shook violently on the floor as the memorys passed her mind. She was scared and cold and confused and yet she was not sure what had happened after she managed to reclaim her body. She didn't dare to open her eyes for fear that Tom would be there, laughing at her weakness. She heard heavy steps coming closer, and she whimpered quietly and rolled tighter into the feutal position. A warm hand stroked softly over her hair and she felt herself encircled by a pair of strong arms.




„Ginny?Ginny are you allright?“ asked a soft male voice very close to her ear. She whimpered and tried to roll into a ball again, but whoever had caught her didn't let go and quietly murmured soothing words in her ear while softly stroking her back. She relaxed a bit as she remembered the voice. Though it was rough and weak now, it was the voice of the boy that safed her. Ginny tentativly opened her eyes and saw nothing but blackeness. She started to panic, but the soft voice and the gentle touch of his hands on her back calmed her down enough to realize that she was sitting on his lap, her head resting on his chest, and she was looking at his robes. She pulled back a little to look at his face.




Midnight blue eyes met chocolate brown for a moment. He smiled softly at her and asked again. „Are you allright?“ She hastily shook her head and pressed her head against his chest again. It didn't matter whohe was. The important thing was that he was herenow, that he held her and offered a shoulder to cry on. Tears ran down her cheeks freely as she stopped holding back the sobbs that shook her body. He held her murmured soothing words until she calmed down enough to remember her confusion.




„Who are you?“ she asked in a wavering voice. „I have never seen you before. How do you know me?“




„I'm Til. And I know you because we are going to the same school. You are sort of hard to miss.“ he answered, a slight grin in his voice. She sniffed lightly at his attempted joke and looked back to his face. She tried for a watery smile and said „Th-thank you, I guess...“ she started, but was interrupted by Til.




„There is no need to thank me, Ginny. I know what you've been through this year. No one deserves that. I just did what everyone would have done.“ Ginny winced at his words and looked away. He knew what she had done. Everything. Now he would hate her, like everyone else. How could she face her parents ever again after what she had done? Or her brothers? She was brought out of her musings by a strong hand under her chin, forcing her look Til in the face again.




„I know that look. And I don't want to see it on you. Always remember Ginny,“ he said, taking her face in both of his hands. „You are not responsible for what he made you do! He tricked you, and by the time you could have done anything, it was too late. He tricked far older and wiser people than you or me, but few have survived to tell the tale. No one will blame you, Ginny, they know you would never have done such a thing!“ She closed her eyes, unable to face these clear midnight blue eyes. „I am so sorry,“ she whispered through her tears, „I was weak, I allowed him to do all these things...“




„No Ginny, you were not weak. In fact, you were anything but. You fought him of for a whole year. You even safed my life before, when I was duelling with Tom. I would never have beaten him, if you hadn't helped me, Ginny. Never forget that. You are strong, stronger than most people in the wizarding world.“




„But...“ she began, but was imediatly interrupted. „No buts, Ginevra.“ His voice was soft, but firm, end she started to believe him. She really did fight him, but she still wasn't convinced that no one would blame her for it. She sniffed again and shook her head, trying to clear her mind. There was something she had wanted to ask, but it escaped her before she could grasp it.




Suddenly it hit her. She remembered. Harry! Where was Harry? Was he allright?Did he die? Did she /kill/him? Panic welled up in her as she frantically tried to look around. A soft hand of her shoulder made her turn around fast enough that she feared for her neck. Emerald green eyes stared at her with concern. She immeadiatly launched herself at him and started mumbling appologies into his chest. When had finally composed enough to let go, she scooted away from her two rescuers to a more aporpriate distance. Two sets of eyes, once green, one blue concernedly followed her every move.




Harry smiled tentatively at her and held out his hand.




"Common Ginny. Your family must be worried sick by now. Lets not make them wait anylonger. Plus, you need to get checked by Madam Pomfrey. Just to be sure," he said. Ginny gave a treary smile in response, but grabbed his hand and allowed him to pull her to her feet. Til stood as well, and together the three made their way through the towards the rockslide.




"There is... one more thing," Til cautioned and came to a stop at the door into the chamber itself, just short of the cave-in. "You cannot mention my beeing here. Not a word. To no one. That ... could be bad, you know? Just... just say it was all you, thats what they want to hear, right?" he asked, while smirking slyly at Harry.




"But what about you? How will you get out of here without Ron seeing you?" Harry asked.




Another smirk. "Simple." A wave of his wand and a shimmering later, he was nearly invisible, only a faint outline remained. "Just dont tell anyone I did that... or that I was here at all. Now go, I'll be right behind you!"




Harry and Ginny stared incredulously at the place their comrade had vanished from. Harry shook himself out of his stupor and gently tugged on Ginnys hand, who latched onto it like a drowning woman to her life buoy.




He smiled gently and gave another tug. "Lets just get out of here." he urged and together they made their way carefully toward the rock-slide, where Ron had finally managed to break through.
Sign up to rate and review this story