Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Immortal - Part I: Shadows of Guilt

Interlude - A meeting

by Chunky 0 reviews

Someone is watching from afar...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-08-21 - Updated: 2008-08-21 - 717 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or anything from the Universe created by J.K.R. I merely enjoy playing with her characters. I do not and will not make money with it for the simpel reason that I cannot afford to mess with J.K.R.'s lawyers.




Interlude – A meeting.




An old man with a long white beard and equally long hair stood proud and tall in front of the Triad. His light green robes and the gnarled cane he leaned upon only underlined the picture of age and wisdom. Aproud smile tucked on his lips as he gave his report.

"He made it. Both children are safe and the phylacterium is destroyed." he stated with a strong, almost comicaly fake sounding asian accent. "However, he broke the protocol. The girl knows. He claims she has... potential." slight lines of concern etched themselves all over his suntanned face.

The man known as 'Pathfinder', the inofficial voice of the Triad, leaned forward. "Was it not your duty to ensure he would follow the orders? Was it not your responsibility make him understand the importance of secrecy?"

His cool, precise voice echoed through the stone hall. No one who hadn't spend many years listening to it and applied the patience normally common to the very stones of this hall would be able to hear the slight undertone of anger in the otherwise precisely formed, monotoniously spoken words.

"Ah, that may be so," answered the first man with a slight patronizing tone. "But he is but a child. To expect of him to accept our convictions over his own would be unwise. After all – was it not this very character trait of his that made you see his potential?" He met the eyes of the three persons before him. They were the greatest and best at what they did. There was simply no other way to survive as long as they did. And yet, their age also prevented them to see into the fiery heart of youth, to understand why they were not abled to see the wisdom of older and more experienced men and women. Seeing them suffeciently chastised – he was their senior by many years, after all - he dropped the topic of his young charge.

"The girl is no danger to us or the mission. She is in fact unlikely to survive the next year." he finished with a sad shake of his head.

The only woman in the Triad, 'Exodus', looked at him startled at this statement.

"What can be done?" she asked in concern. She was the youngest of them, after all, barely a century old. The third man answered this. He was known for his conservativ views and was not all that popular with the newest generation of operatives. His call sign'Ancient' was well deserved.

"Nothing. We are not their babysitters. If they cannot deal with this themselves, they deserve to suffer the consequences!"

'Pathfinder' voiced his agreement, and the woman sighed unhappily but nodded her acceptance. The words, while cruel, could not have been more true.

"Then it is settled," began 'Pathfinder' and drew their attention again towards him. "The Immortal will remain were he is. The fate of the girl is unfortunate, but unavoidable. He is to focus his attention on the Chosen Child! Our affords will be fruitless should he succumb to darkness. He must be protected at all costs!"

The old man in the green robes bowed his head and moved his left fist to his chest in salut.




AN: This is just something to confuse you a bit and keep you happy until I managed to sort out a fatal planning error in my work. It would seem I fell into the same trap every author does at least once: Focusing too much on ones own creation. Since I know that most of you just HATE Ginny - see profil for my words of wisdom - I am working to incorperate the others more than I had before.

As for the accent of the old man in green robes: See the OLD turtles movies, Master Splinter.

Oh and this is NOT my average chapter size. You can expect something between 3000 und 5000 words for the next update. It'll be up on Monday at the latest, promise.

--Chunky
Sign up to rate and review this story