Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Untitled Story - Year 1

Harry's Letter reaches Hogwarts

by matt311 0 reviews

Tis chapter four. See chapter one for a summary.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-08-21 - Updated: 2008-08-22 - 344 words

1Boring
Chapter 4 - Harry's Letter Reaches Hogwarts

Professor McGonagall was sitting in her office, pleased that the last of the Hogwarts letters had gone out. The issue with one Harry Potter was still troubling, since she had assumed like everyone else that he would respond to his letter, and eagerly attend the school.

What she did not expect was his response to never arrive. After three days, as per the Headmaster's instructions, she sent another one to him. When she received a response to that one, she was quite relieved. That lasted until she read his reply.

In the headmaster's office, Albus Dumbledore (Headmaster of Hogwarts, Supreme Mugwump, Chief Warlock, etc. etc.) sat in his office, preparing for the new school year. As a knock sounded on his door, he looked up from his mountain of paperwork.

"Enter."

Seeing McGonagall looking somewhat annoyed and distressed, and seeing the letter in her hand, he knew this might not be a good conversation.

"Ah, Minerva. Good Evening. Care for a lemon drop?"

"No, thank you, Albus."

The already thin line of her mouth became slightly thinner.

"Albus, would you mind explaining this?" she said, thrusting the letter under his nose, "I thought you said he would KNOW about magic and Hogwarts."

Dumbledore looked over the letter, frowning.

"I'm not sure how to explain it." Dumbledore sighed. He seemed to have made a mistake placing Harry with those muggles, even if they were relatives of Harry's. "Can you go introduce him to magic and the wizarding world sometime soon? I have a mountain of paperwork to get through by this time next week, and it looks as though it will take longer than that to complete. I'd send Hagrid, but he is busy with a rather nasty infestation right now."

"Luckily Albus, my schedule is free tomorrow, and I already finished my paperwork. Judging by his tone in the letter, he will need some serious convincing, and he may still be reluctant to attend, thinking this is some elaborate hoax." said McGonagall before sweeping from of the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story