Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Untitled Story - Year 5

Exercise?

by matt311 0 reviews

Harry starts his 5th year - AU, eventual H/Hr. MildlyPowerful!Harry, Smart!Harry, TakesInitiative!Harry. See chapter one for more detailed summary.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-08-21 - Updated: 2008-08-22 - 800 words - Complete

1Insightful
Chapter Four – Exercise?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, 8 September 1995
Quidditch Pitch
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
6:30

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were on the pitch. Harry and Hermione were both wearing tight sweats, and Ron was wearing his "Muggle" wardrobe and looking shocked at Hermione.

Hermione roller her eyes. “Ron, you need to get out more. You’d die if you went to a Muggle beach.”

Harry transfigured his clothes into sweats. At the look from Ron, he explained.

“You’d be asking me to do that in about 15 minutes, you’ll see.”

As Harry and Hermione showed Ron how to stretch and warm up, having had PE in school, and Harry having been exposed to Dudley’s boxing stint. After warming up, they started running around the pitch. All three were surprised at how out of shape they were, Harry being in the best shape of the three. They finished up with push-ups and sit-ups, and went back to the castle to shower before breakfast.

On the way back to breakfast, they stopped by the kitchens and talked with the elves. Surprisingly, all they had to do was ask for a healthier food to be available. The elves, being familiar with that sort of thing, only cooked what they did because it was what everyone was used to.

After explaining the food they were eating and why to a number of Gryffindor Table’s occupants, they found that their exercise group gained several more people. Neville, seeing the merits of being able to dodge an attack eagerly joined. Ginny joined, along with Lavender Brown, who was always looking for ways to improve her looks. Their group would soon expand considerably, and include people from every house except Slytherin. The Trio didn’t know it, but they had started a considerable shift in the dietary habits of the magical world for generations to come.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, 21 September 1995
Near the Lake
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
06:30

Harry led the group of about 60 students through their warm-ups and then led them on a run around the lake. As he was nearing the end of the run, he noticed a short, fat, pink toad making its way toward the group. As they finished their sets of push-ups and sit-ups and began to make their way back to the castle, Harry found himself looking at Umbridge.

“Mr. Potter, what are you doing out here in these… clothes… at this hour?”

“Exercising, Professor. Hogwarts does not offer a PE class, so I took it upon myself to stay fit. The other students decided to join me.” answered Harry, who noticed that almost every student, and even some professors, had started attending his morning ‘work-outs’.

As Harry was not breaking any rules, and there was nothing she could do to change that without drawing suspicion, she returned to wherever she came from in the castle.

Umbridge was not the only one noticing the differences in the student body from exercising. Professors higher up in the castle were noticing that students were still running in nearly late, but were never winded anymore. Dumbledore, noticing the number of students that could be seen out running around the lake before breakfast, was tempted to propose a PE class for next year, but didn’t, because the mostly pureblood Board of Governors would shoot it down immediately, not seeing it as something worth doing. Sometimes, the Board was a real hindrance to progress.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, 24 September 1995
Headmaster’s Office
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
14:00

Harry was sitting in Dumbledore’s office, enjoying a lemon drop, waiting for Dumbledore to cut to the chase. After what seemed like hours, but was more like 15 minutes, Dumbledore got to the point.

“Harry, I need you to report to Professor Snape for Occlumency lessons. I suspect that scar has formed some kind of connection between you and Voldemort.”

“Indeed it has, Professor. However, I am not in need of Occlumency lessons, having mastered the subject in first year. You might tell Professor Snape that conducting random legilimency scans of students is illegal, however.”

Dumbledore, sending a legilimency probe at Harry, found himself in a memory seemingly custom prepared for this event.

Harry stood in a blank space that appeared to have no dimensions. “Hello, Dumbledore. As you can see, you were directed to this (finger quote) pre-recorded message (end finger quote). My thoughts are my own, and I kindly request that you stay out of them.”

As the message ended, Dumbledore found his probe violently ejected from Harry’s mind.

“Also, I have closed my end of the link, so Voldemort doesn’t even know it exists, currently.” added Harry.

“I see. That is all I wanted to talk to you about, Harry.” said Dumbledore, wondering when and why Harry had decided to learn Occlumency.
Sign up to rate and review this story