Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 1 The Internship

by joy2008 0 reviews

A conservative Aina Andrada experiences some drama when she meets Joe Jonas the summer before her internship in London... but wait till she gets there. Note: Kevin, Joe, and Nick aren't famous & th...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-08-24 - Updated: 2008-09-07 - 921 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Hey guys. I wrote this a while ago, around Spring Break of this year. I'm completely done writing it and it's been posted at a couple other sites, but I wanted to post it somewhere it won't end up getting deleted. Forum threads get deleted a lot if there's enough activity so I couldn't post it there.

So the story? Basically Joe and Aina(the main characters) happen to meet each other during the summer... get a little flirty, but not too much. And find out that they're both taking part in an internship in London where some, you know... stuff happens. Sorry I couldn't resist saying that. I know that was a crappy summary, but I can't really say much else without giving it away.

Chapter 1 The Internship

It was 7:00 pm on a Sunday night and Aina Andrada and her roommate Jenna Parker were found in their dorm room talking on the phone with their best friend Larissa Johnson. This was their girl time. Since they started college almost 2 years before they made sure that no matter what was going on in their lives the three girls would be talking to each other at 7 pm every Sunday night. They weren't much party girls anyway... or at least not normally.

Aina, Jenna, and Larissa were best friends since they were babies. People often thought they were sisters because they were always together. The tan skin, naturally jet black hair, and semi-similar personality helped create that assumption, too. They often told people that if they could have visited each other in the womb they would have. That's how close they were. Unfortunately, Larissa received a beyond grateful volleyball scholarship from Arizona State, while Jenna and Aina each got one from the University of Hawaii.

"I can't believe you're leaving me,"Jenna said to Aina. "I can't believe she's leaving me," this time directed to the phone talking to Larissa.

"Well, you guys left me," came Larissa's voice over the phone speakers, slightly snickering at Jenna's overreaction.

"Arg! Okay for one thing, we didn't leave you Riss," Aina said using her nickname for Larissa, "you left us," this earned a laugh from all three girls. "And second I'm not leaving you either. It's just an internship for this fall. I'll be back here for spring semester."

Aina was a business major and one of the requirements for the business program was to take an internship. She had received an internship that was going to take her away from her comfort zone in the United States and move her over to London for a full semester. Aina wasn't one for adventure, but her two best friends were.

"Jenna weren't you the one saying that Aina needed to take this internship in the first place? You know so that she could meet some hot guy with a great British accent like Rupert Grint or Tom Felton and fall madly in love with each other?" Larissa asked to help defend Aina.

"Oh so now you're on her side,"Jenna scoffed. "Now I see who's your favorite!" She continued in sarcasm crossing her arms across her chest and turning away from the phone, even though Larissa couldn't see her.

"She was always the drama queen,"Aina said from behind her laptop.

"All hail Queen Jenna," Larissa said through the speakers.

"HAIL QUEEN JENNA!" Larissa and Aina said simultaneously before all three erupted in laughter.

"You guys are mean," Jenna said between fits of laughter.

* * * *

"You know, you guys really don't need to do this for me," Joe said to his brothers. He was the second child of four boys.

"Aww... come on younger bro! You just got this great internship," Kevin, his older brother, said to him.

"In LONDON!" His 15 year old brother Nick continued, excited for Joe. "That's gotta be the coolest thing ever."

"When are you leaving us?" Their youngest brother Frankie asked solemnly.

"Don't worry buddy, Joe will be back home before you know it. And besides he's not leaving till after summer," Kevin consoled his baby brother.

Joe was a freshmen in college and was granted an internship with a record company. He was majoring in music, just like Kevin was, but he was the one to apply for the internship. Now he was out with his brothers for a celebratory breakfast.

"I'm just hoping they're gonna take me out of the mailroom and put me in a studio," Joe said not really paying much attention anymore. Instead he was gazing at the table top in front of him.

"Alright boys what cha' gonna have?"Came the cheery greeting from their waitress.

"I want chocolate chip pancakes!"Frankie cheering up at the thought of food.

"Okay sweety, and how about you?"She asked Joe.

Nick gave Joe a nudge to bring him out of his reverie.

"Huh? Oh! Ummm... I'll have the ham and cheddar omelet," Joe replied.

"Come on Joe. We're celebrating! I know you can eat more than that," Kevin encouraged him to get in the spirit. "You're always so serious when school is involved, but so different when you're not dealing with school, we need that guy right now. This is a party!"

Joe looked down at the menu and saw an enticing picture that consisted of pancakes, bacon, sausage, and French toast.

"I'll add that to my order please,"Joe said finally getting in the celebratory mood and getting a slap on the back by Nick.

"Well alright!" The cheery waitress said before taking everyone else's order.
Sign up to rate and review this story