Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 2 Online Rapists

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 2

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-08-25 - Updated: 2008-08-27 - 1443 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 2 Online Rapists?

"WHAT TIME IS IT!?! It's seven o'clock. WHAT TIME IS IT!?! It's-" blared through the radio alarm clock like it did every weekday at 7 am.

A whole semester with that radio station and I'm still not used to it, thought Aina before turning off the alarm and rolling over to go back to sleep.

"Meredith Aina Andrada! Why are you not ready?!"screamed Jenna.

"Huh? What?" came Aina's groggy answer.

"Aina get ready we're gonna miss the shuttle and now we have to bust some major ass to make it to class. Now get ready!" Jenna said before walking away grumbling about having to rush to class and get sweaty.

Looking at her alarm clock that read 7:54 Aina fell out of bed and began to get ready. After a record breaking 8 minutes the two college sophomores sped walked to their 8:30 class.

After their last class the two girls found themselves in the Campus Center dining hall trying to study for their finals.

"Thank goodness the semester's almost over. I just wanna go home and sleep the whole summer," said Jenna. "After hanging out with you and Larissa for about a day first," she added as an after thought.

"Yeah I miss her so much! She's always too busy talking to Lauri to even leave us a comment on myspace," Aina commented on their friends slowly moving relationship with the "Finnish volleyball god" as they referred to him before actually meeting him. The scholarship wasn't the only reason Aina and Jenna decided to attend UH. They eventually got to meet Lauri after one of the men's volleyball practices. They introduced him to Larissa in the fall of their first semeter.

It was the Thursday before Labor Day weekend and Larissa decided to miss school for a couple of days so that she could visit her two best friends. It was still early in the semester, she could catch up. She went with them to their different classes to get the full UH experience. They were walking towards the Campus Center dining room for some lunch.

"So he's really sweet, smart, and he's majoring in music. How hot is that?" Jenna rambled on and on about some guy she met in an online message board.

"Doesn't the words 'online predator' mean anything to you?" Larissa said with a slight chuckle.

"You're starting to sound like this one over here,"Jenna replied using her thumb to point to Aina.

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with being cautious," Aina defended. Out of her peripheral vision she saw a certain male volleyball player come up the campus center staircase. "And speaking of cautious I think there needs to be a warning whenever you're around Mr. Hakala," Aina joked.

"Yeah like 'Severe sexiness, don't look directly at him if you have heart problems,'" Jenna flirted, in the way a friend jokingly flirts with a friend, earning her a good chuckle from Lauri.

"Hey you guys. Who's your friend?" Lauri asked seeing a new face.

"Oh this lovely lady is Larissa Johnson. Larissa I'm sure you know Lauri Hakala. We've only been fawning over you since your freshmen year," Jenna introduced the two.

"Hi it's nice to meet you," Lauri said extending his hand.

"Hi," Larissa said simply shaking it slightly blushing.

"So you gonna join us for lunch or what?" Came Aina's blunt invitation.

"Yeah, of course."

By the time lunch was over they had covered all the basics, his Finnish background, her college life in Arizona, and even exchanged phone numbers and the rest, as they say, is history.

"Well anyways," Aina continued after coming out of her reminiscent daydream, "at least classes are over. All we need to do is get 4finals out of the way and it's back to Cali we go," Aina said. "But you're not gonna sleep all summer, you're gonna meet up with that guy you met online, which I still don't approve of. He could be some 80 year old perv freak for all you know. What's his name again? Even, Devon, Aaron... please don't tell me its Aaron," she rambled.

"His name is Kevin. And well, we've moved from the message board, to aim, to video chats." Aina rolled her eyes before crossing them. Jenna continued cautiously, "And... that's also why you and Larissa are gonna... comewithmeandmeetupwithhimandhistwobrothers."

Aina stared at her with an appalled look on her face.

"Who decided this?!" Aina said ignited.

"Oh come on, please?" Jenna asked. "Like I said, we've been on video chats, so I've seen him! And he's really a nice guy and he's not 80, he's 20... Almost 21"

"Oh great so now we don't have to fight off some old man that we could out run, but we have to fight off a guy in his 20's and his brothers who are probably built and could totally rape us on the spot, with no trouble at all," Aina rambled once again half serious.

"We could totally take them! We did take those self-defense courses that Larissa made us take with her senior year. And you definitely could take one of them Ms. Blackbelt," Jenna said trying to got on Aina's good side.

"I could couldn't I," Aina playfully praised herself, "but that doesn't mean I'm still okay with this... I guess... I'll go if Larissa goes."

"Thank you!" Jenna said while doing a little celebratory dance in her seat.

"Don't get too excited, we still have 4 exams to study for and pass. You know so that we know we've put that 2,000-something dollar tuition to good use?" Aina said.

"Aww man," Jenna whined putting her head down on her open textbook.

* * * *

"Hey guys," Kevin said as he entered the living room where his three younger brothers sat, the youngest Frankie sitting on the floor, watching TV.

"Hey," replied Nick and Frankie simultaneously while Joe made some incoherent noise that semi-resembled hey, but with some extra noise in the end.

After rolling his eyes at Joe, Kevin continued to say,"Can I ask you guys a favor?" Directing it towards Joe and Nick.

"You can ask, but we can't guarantee we'll do it,"came Nicks reply as Joe mumbled a simple, "Yeah."

I never thought I'd think it, and Joe can be really smart at times, but sometimes I wish Nick were more like Joe, Kevin thought before replying, "Well you know that girl I met online? Well she's coming back home for summer and we wanted to meet up."

"And what is it you want from us?" Joe asked finally giving his older brother attention now that they were on the subject of girls.

"Well she kinda wants it to be a group thing. She's bringing 2 friends along and I said I'd bring my two brothers," Kevin stated slightly nervous.

"Kevin you don't even know this girl. She could be some crazy person that talks to sock puppets!" Nick said completely serious.

"I talk to sock puppets," Joe said quietly.

"See what I mean? She could be another Joe!"

"Yeah we don't need anymore of him," Kevin said jokingly as he and Joe got into a brotherly fight.

"Aren't the oldest ones supposed to be the most mature?" Nick said walking away.

"Wait!" Came Kevin's voice from behind. "Are you guys coming with me or not?" He and Joe were now standing next to each other looking at Nick standing in the doorway.

"Chicks... I'll go," was Joe's reply.

"I wanna come too," Frankie chimed in after getting his attention pulled away from the TV to watch his oldest brothers fighting.

"Ummm... this is kind of a grown up thing Frank. Maybe next time," said Kevin.

"I go or I tell mom you guys are meeting strangers!"

"I thought you were watching TV?" Asked Joe.

"I can listen and watch at the same time."

"Let's bring him," Joe said looking at Kevin. "I wanna spend as much time as I can with all you guys before summers over."

"Well Nick has to agree first or we're not going anywhere," Kevin said to Frankie, but looking at Nick.

Nick stood there with 3 sets of eyes looking at him, two pleading and one waiting. Heaving a heavy sigh Nick caved, "Fine. We'll all meet these psycho girls and possibly get man raped."

Kevin gave Nick a hug and ran up to his room to IM Jenna.

Author's Note:Don't let this chapter... or the next few chapters fool you, this is a Joe fic Ijust don't know how to write :P Oh and I should also mention that I don't own nor do I know Lauri Hakala. Yes he's a real volleyball player from UH. Haha
Sign up to rate and review this story