Categories > Original > Romance > The Master of Disguise

IT'S HER!

by AliceAlexiz19 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-08-25 - Updated: 2008-08-26 - 921 words - Complete

0Unrated
**
“Joe lets go my radar is going off and it’s very intense.”
“There’s no talking to him when he has THAT look on his face. He’s thinking of her.” Nick says.
Kevin snaps his fingers in front of my face, “Joe snap out of it.”
I swat at his hand, “Get your hand out of my face.”
“Lets get a move on.”
We make it to Starbucks before Kevin busts. As soon as we step through the door Kevin stops in his tracks. I run into Kevin making Nick run into me.
“What the hold up Kev I thought you are in a hurry?”
“It’s her.” he said lightly audible to human ears. I look at him he is in his own daze.
“Who?” Nick asks. I look around and see no one I know.
“Rachelle!” he says like a mindless zombie.
“Who…ooooo.” the girl from the bowling ally that Kevin went to and they hit it off really well, he ended up staying all day talking to her. He talked about her for 2 straight months and it happened six months ago.
“Do you think she remembers me?” he said out of his daze. There is panic in his eyes.
“I don’t see why not.”
“Lets go over there.” Nick said pulling Kevin by the sleeve of his shirt. Rachelle looked over at us. Her eyes bugged out. She looked so stunned. She screams then runs over with her arms open and gives Kevin a bug o hug.
“OMYGOD! Kevin!”
“How are you?” he asks still hugging her.
“Good. You?” she says letting him go and stepping back.
“OK.” they smile.
“Lets sit.” I say but I don’t think they hear me they are in their own little world. Nick and I go sit at a table.
After a while of them staring at each other and smiling they finally come over and sit.
“So what are you doing in Chicago? The last time I saw you, you was a New York.” he said.
“I’m moving to California this is just like a pit stop.”
“Really where at in Cali?”
“Los Angles.”
“We’ll have to get together.” me and Nick look at each other.
“Most defiantly. I’ve missed you so much Kevin.” she says giving him yet another hug.
She looks at her watch. She sighs.
“I’m really sorry I have to go.”
“What time is it?” Nick asks.
“5:30.”
We have been her listening to these two people who I think I secretly in love with each other ramble on for 3 HOURS!
“Here’s my number give me a call.” Rachelle says.
“And here is mine.” he calls her phone.
“Bye.” Kevin says with a wave and a silly grin on his face.
“I think you like her.” I say.
“State the obvious Joe.” Nick says.
“I cant believe I ran into her I was just talking about her just a few days ago.”
“So when are you going to call her?” Nick questions.
“I don’t know.”
“The guy code says you have to wait two days.” I say.
“That’s stupid but with our busy schedule it makes since to wait that long. I do know one thing though.” he says holding up he is pointer finger.
“What?”
“I want her to be in the movie with us. If that’s ok with you guys.”
I look at Kevin he looks so happy I don’t want to take that away from him and neither would Nick.
“It’s perfect Kevin.” he looks relieved that its cool. “Now we all have girlfriends.”
“We aren’t going out.”
“Yet.” I mumble under my breath.
“So your going out with Starshine.” Nick asked.
“No I’m going out with Brenda.” I say a little disappointed but Brenda is nice and hot so yeah.
“Not for long.” Nick mumbles under his breath I pretend I don’t hear him but I did.
“What happened with you two last night?” Kevin asks.
“What part do you want to know about?”
“What happened after she went pee?”
“I was about to get up and leave but she just quietly and suddenly scoots over and sets her head on my chest. I instantly put my arm around her and start to play with her hair. When that movie ended I don’t know call me crazy,”
“Your crazy.” Kevin says. I punch him in the arm and go on with my story.
“I wasn’t ready to let go of her.”
“Hence the other movie.”
“Yeah.” I stopped and just stared off into space remembering what happened.
“Keeping going.” Kevin said like my words are his oxygen to live and if I don’t tell him about the story he will die.
“Huh o yea…yea well during the movie she fell asleep on my chest and in my arms. I kiss her on her forehead and fall asleep myself. I wake up this morning she is gone but there is a note.”
“What did it say?” Nick asked.
I reach for my back pocket and produce my wallet and pull out a blue piece of paper. I unfold it for the umpteenth time. I have it memorized already but I read it off the paper to look less obvious.
Joe,
I’m sorry I had to leave without waking you, but I didn’t want to over stay my welcome. I had a lot of fun we should do it again sometime.
Starshine
Sign up to rate and review this story