Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 6 Saturday (Dinner)

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 6

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-08-29 - Updated: 2008-08-30 - 1487 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 6 Saturday (Dinner)

When the movie finished it was 6:15.

"So you guys still hungry?" Kevin asked everyone when they exited the theater and onto the street.

"Kevin," Aina started sounding like a father talking to his daughter's date, "if you're gonna date one of my best friend you're gonna have to know a thing or two about us," she said motioning to herself and Larissa.

Kevin looked between the two saying, "And that would be..."

"We're always hungry," they said together.

"Okay, well then Frank where do you wanna eat?" Kevin asked.

"Ummm..." Frankie tapped his chin in deep thought,"MCDONALD'S!"

"A man after my own heart," Aina said playfully. "If you were just 13 years older, I'd totally wanna date you."

"You can date me now baby," Frankie said holding out his hand.

Laughing Aina happily accepted it and started walking away toward the cars. She looked over her shoulder and jokingly said, "Come on Kevin you can't let your baby bro show you up in being Mr. Suave."

Wow. She's pretty, funny, and she likes to eat, Joe ticked off the good qualities he liked.

"I am the oldest you know he learned that from me!"Kevin yelled so that she could hear.

"You know I think she's warming up to you guys," Jenna said. "And that come back probably scored you a few brownie points in her book."

"What about yours?" Kevin asked in a low voice close to her ears so that only she could hear.

"No," she replied looking at his now hurt face. "You don't need brownie points with me. I already like you," she said before giving him apeck on the cheek and walking to Aina's car. Kevin followed behind her towards his car with a goofy smile on his face

When they entered McDonald's Aina, Larissa, Joe, Nick and Frankie went straight for a booth that could only fit 4 people, 5 if they squeezed Frankie in. Frankie sat between Joe and Larissa on the cushioned seat. Aina sat across from Joe and Nick across from Larissa in chairs that were connected to the tables that could swivel around a bit.

"Umm... guys, what about us?" Kevin asked.

"Well..." Frankie said first.

"We thought since you two are technically on a date,"Aina continued.

"And that you haven't had any alone time yet," Nick added.

"So you two should sit together," Larissa proceeded after.

"By yourselves," finished Joe.

"I don't have a problem with that," Jenna said turning to Kevin, who lead her to a two person table.

"They really like each other," Joe said mostly to himself.

"You're not getting jealous are you?" Aina asked him.

"Huh? No of course not," Joe said. "No offense to Jenna, but she's not really my type."

"And what exactly is your type, Mr... umm... sorry what's your last name?" Larissa asked.

"Jonas," Frankie answered for Joe.

"Ah well, what exactly is you type, Mr. Jonas?"

"Umm... nice, smart, maybe someone who likes to run,"Joe started ticking off.

"A girl who doesn't mind being in a relationship with a big kid that sometimes talks before he thinks and talks to sock puppets," Nick interjected.

"Nick I think you should go get our food," Joe said slightly upset that Nick said that in front of Aina.

"Yeah lets go order our food Nick. Frankie why don't you come with us. What do you two want?" Larissa asked so that Joe and Aina could be alone for a little bit.

After giving Larissa and Nick their orders the two were left it awkward silence.

"So, Aina..." Joe said to break the ice, "that's an interesting name."

"Well, actually that's my middle name, I've never really liked my first name and my family and friends have been calling me Aina since I could remember."

"Okay now it's killing me. What's your first name?"

"My first name is Meredith. It means protector of the sea, which is ironic since I really don't like the beach that much."

"And what does Aina mean?"

"It means happiness and joy."

"Sweet," Joe said as they both had a little chuckle.

"So, do you really talk to sock puppets?" Aina asked.

"Uh... it was a while ago."

"That's so cute," she commented. "I know I'm probably the last person to say this, and Larissa and Jenna would agree with that, but it's good to have a fun time just goofing around. You know like doing things 'cause you feel like it and not because it's what you're supposed to do or what people expect of you."

"So how often do you talk to sock puppets? Metaphorically speaking of course," Joe laughed.

"Once a year... if I'm lucky."

"What? So when was the last time you just did whatever you wanted for fun?"

"You mean before I 'macked' on Frankie and told Kevin to step up his game?" Aina asked sarcastically tapping her chin in mock thought. "I'd say... I don't know."

"That's it? 'Macking' on Frankie and 'I don't know?' You've got to be kidding me," Joe said surprised. "After hearing what you said to Kevin I totally thought you'd be a little more laid back."

"So what are we talking about?" Larissa asked as she, Nick, and Frankie came back with their food.

"When was the last time I did something for just the heck of it?" Aina asked Larissa.

"You mean in the 5th grade when you decided to see if super glue would really keep your fingers stuck together?"

"See," Aina said. "And it doesn't, if you wanted to know. I was able to separate my fingers and it doesn't hurt at all... but that doesn't mean you should do it," she said pointedly to Frankie.

"No wait there was that time in the 10th grade when we had one of our team bonding things at a karaoke place," Larissa said as an afterthought. "You didn't have to go, and no one expected you to, but you did anyway."

"Well you haven't lived until you've had a day 'o fun with the Jonas boys," Nick said sharing a high 5 with Joe.

"Jonas," Aina said in thought. "Where have I heard that name before?"

"Less than 10 minutes ago when I asked and Frankie told me," Larissa said poking a little fun at Aina's airhead moment.

"No I've heard it somewhere else before," said and thought for a few seconds. "TBWTLNJ!" She said when a figurative light bulb went on in Aina's head. After getting a couple of odd looks from everyone she said, "Those Boys With The Last Name of Jonas it's a band. I'm pretty sure their last name really is Jonas. Any relation?"

"I don't think so, but that would be totally cool. We could get hook ups at concerts and stuff," Nick joked.

After about an hour of eating and light conversation they were ready to leave.

"I guess it's time to make sure the ladies get home okay," Kevin said coming over to the group. "Don't worry Aina we're just going to follow you guys home so that I can properly walk my date to her doorstep. And we won't come back to murder or rob you guys or anything," he joked causing everyone to laugh, even Aina herself.

"Oh, you catch on quick Jonas," Larissa said.

"Just make sure you keep those kinds of sarcastic comments to yourself when I'm angry," Aina warned as she stood up so that she was at her full height or 5'3". "I do have a black belt in karate."

"Cute and tough, I think I'll keep her," Joe said half jokingly, throwing his arm around Aina's shoulders.

"Whatever guys let's just go," Jenna said before heading toward the exit with Kevin at her side.

Aina parked her car in her drive way and Kevin parked on the street. Kevin then went with Jenna to take her home across the street, Nick and Frankie walked Larissa to her house next door to Jenna's home, and Joe happily walked Aina to her door.

"Wow, you guys live next to each other too?" Joe asked.

"It just worked out that way. We had nothing to do with it." After an slightly awkward pause Aina continued to say, "Well, it was nice meeting you," as she extended her hand. Instead Joe opened his arms and gave her a hug instead. She hugged him back and just like earlier that night with Kevin and Jenna, this hug seemed longer than usual hugs, but neither were complaining.

"It was nice meeting you too," Joe said when they finally parted. He took a few steps backwards and gave her a little wave, before turning and walking to the car.

Those two are falling pretty fast for those Jonas boys, Larissa thought as she saw her two friends enter their respective houses.

That night Jenna and Aina entered their home with asmile on both their faces.
Sign up to rate and review this story