Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 5 Saturday (The Movies)

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 5

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-08-28 - Updated: 2008-08-29 - 1398 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 5 Saturday (The Movies).

"Okay so here's the game plan," Jenna said after getting off the phone with Kevin. "Kevin said that they have to bring their little brother along, he's like 7 or something-"

"A tactic to make it look like they're harmless while trying to use the whole a-guy-with-a-kid-shows-that-he's-cute-and-sensitive bit,"Aina interrupted still not okay with the situation.

"So, we're gonna meet the guys at the movie theater,"Jenna continued ignoring Aina's little outburst. "We'll be in separate cars, so they won't take a 'short cut' and end up raping us after." This earned an approved nod from Aina. "Then we're gonna have dinner after the movie at... where ever Frankie wants to eat. Okay got it, good. Let's go," Jenna concluded not waiting for their reply, but just heading out the door.

"I bought a new CD when we went to the mall yesterday, where did I put it?" Aina said while leaning over the median to look in the glove compartment of her Highlander. "Here it is!" She said in triumph and put the CD in.

Larissa grabbed the CD cover, "TBWTLNJ? What does that mean?" She asked reading the title of the album.

"I think it stands for Those Boys With The Last Name of Jonas or something like that. You know like NLT or LFO?" Was Aina's reply. "This album has been out for about a year now."

I'm so nervous. What if Aina is right? Or what if Kevin doesn't like me? Or what if he turns out to be a jerk? Jenna thought to herself as she sat in the back seat.

If any of those effers touches us in any way they better watch out, Aina thought getting prepared to kick some ass.

I hope things go well. If not there's gonna be some crazy shit going down tonight, were Larissa's thoughts as the car was now quiet except the music coming from the CD player.

* * * *

Her friends are gonna hate me. She's gonna hate me. I'm gonna pull a Joe and say something offensive or something.

"Kevin watch out!" Joe and Nick screamed bringing Kevin back to Earth.

"Oh shh," Kevin said as he swerved back into the correct lane. "Sorry guys, just a little nervous that's all. I wasn't paying attention."

"Kevin almost swore," Frankie whispered to Nick in the back seat.

"Yeah he did, swearing is bad, but he didn't, so it's okay," Nick whispered back, then in a regular tone said to Kevin, "Just relax. She's probably as nervous as you are... unless she really is a psycho with a sock puppet."

Ignoring Nick's last comment Kevin continued to drive to the theater cautiously.

At the theater the guys waited for the girls out front.

"Umm... Kevin?" Came a quite voice from behind them.

"Jenna," Kevin simply said after turning around asmile appearing on his face. They had their first hug that lasted a little longer than normal hugs would causing an awkward silence between the five other people there.

"Awk-ward," said Joe causing the two to finally let go.

"Oh sorry, umm I'm Jenna," she said introducing herself to the boys she didn't know, "and these are my friends Larissa and Aina," Jenna pointing them out as they gave a small smile and wave.

"Well, I'm Kevin and these are my brothers Joe, Nick, and Frankie," introduced Kevin.

"Can we buy our tickets now?" Frankie half whined.

"Yeah, umm... Frankie's only allowed to watch Horton Hears a Who, is that okay?" Kevin asked. After receiving a head nod accompanied buy three yes's he said, "Okay, Joe and I will go get the tickets."

Aina and Larissa, being the independent, feminists that they were, spoke up.

"As much as I'm against this whole hooking up online thing, I would feel really bad that you guys bought our tickets," Aina said catching up with Kevin and Joe, Larissa right behind her.

"Yeah I mean this is just a date between Kevin and Jenna, you can buy her ticket and we'll buy our own," Larissa reasoned.

"Well uhh..." Kevin said looking at Joe.

"Glad we settled that!" Aina interrupted. "Now step aside, ladies first," she jokingly ordered before getting to the box office to get their tickets.

"Okay how about you girls take Frankie and save us seats while we get the snacks, what do you want?" Kevin asked as they walked into the theater lobby.

"I think we should get our own food," Aina said getting on the defensive side, but still managing to have a pleasant look on her face. Like I want you slipping something into our drinks.

Hmm this girl's just as paranoid as Nick is, Joe thought, it's cute.

"Okay how about Joe, Larissa, and Jenna take Frankie and save us seats, while you come with Nick and me to get the food? But we're paying," Kevin negotiated.

"Okay, but we're paying for our own dinner!" She added referring to herself and Larissa.

"Okay," Kevin agreed thinking that it would be better to compromise than doing the gentlemanly thing and having her upset.

As the four went into theater 15 Larissa asked, "So Frankie how old are you?"

"I'm seven. How old are you?"

"I'm 19, just like Aina, but we're turning 20 later, like Jenna."

"Wow you're old."

"Frankie!" Joe scolded as he and Frankie sat down one row behind Larissa and Jenna.

"But not as old as Kevin," Frankie went on, not paying attention to Joe. "He's gonna be 21 in November."

"Aww... you're so cute," Larissa said while ruffling his curly hair. "So how old are you Joe?"

"I'm turning 19 in August."

"Oh so you're legal?" Jenna said jokingly while locking eyes with Larissa thinking the same thing... Match making time.

"Uh... yeah I am," Joe chuckled, "but don't you two have boyfriends?"

"Well Larissa does, this is just my first date with your brother, but I wasn't asking for me anyway," Jenna said, "I'm asking for Aina. Kevin tells me you're really funny."

"Yeah he is!" Frankie answered before Joe could. "Mom always says he's just a big kid."

"Sshhh they're coming," Larissa said as Nick appeared holding 2 drinks followed by Aina holding a tray with 2 large popcorns in one hand and a bag of hotdogs in another, and Kevin right behind her with another drink and a large and small popcorn.

"Just think about it," Jenna whispered so that only Joe could hear.

Aina sat next to Larissa after handing everyone their hotdogs, Nick and Joe their popcorn, and grabbed the drink she was sharing with Larissa. Nick sat next to Joe since they were sharing food. Kevin handed Frankie his own popcorn and sat next to Jenna.

"We're sharing popcorn and a drink. Hope you don't mind," Kevin said sitting down.

"Well, Aina didn't say anything about it so sounds good to me," Jenna laughed.

"Okay good"

Jenna felt her pants vibrate before taking it out and noticed it said "New Text Message" on the screen. Opening up her cell she giggled at what she read.

He didn't slip anything in your drink... and I don't think he would since you're sharing. I just hope he doesn't have any transmittable diseases. Sent from 2 seats down, but dur it'll only say my name at the end of the text. :P You're gonna show this to him now aren't you? Whore!lol

Jenna leaned forward to get Aina's attention before nodding and showing Kevin the text message. Kevin read it and chuckled saying,"I don't I promise," causing the two girls to burst out laughing while everyone in the theater turned to give them weird looks, including the other members of their group.

She has a really nice laugh, Joe thought about Aina. Maybe I will think about it.

Author's Note:Yeah the TBWTLNJ thing was kinda random and yes they're songs are actually JB songs, but since in this story the guys are not famous I thought I could still have their songs, but with a different group and group name. And the group members are designed like my cousins old group. They weren't famous so you guys don't know them.

Credit to my friend Via for coming up with the name The Boys With The Last Name of Jonas (TBWTLNJ). And I'm always forgetting to say that I don't know nor am I in any way associated with the Jonas Brothers.
Sign up to rate and review this story