Categories > Original > Drama > Just How Things Go

Look It's a Bird a Plane No It's a RAT

by AliceAlexiz19 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-08-31 - Updated: 2008-08-31 - 1157 words

0Unrated
Roxie’s POV
“Thank you soooo much Todd don’t worry I will find someone.” I said walking out of the store. Ok now where to find someone who is willing to do me a favor. Humph!
“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to run into,” I raise my head and I come eye level with the person I ran into. “what are you doing here?”
“I do believe this is a public mall?” Bently said goofing off but then he becomes serious.
“Yeah. Sorry again for running into you I just have a lot on my mind.” I say starting to walk away from him, but he grabs my arm and pulls me over to a bench and asks, “Like what?”
I look at him well more like stare it’s hard not to he’s just so hot.
“Uh you still there Roxie.”
“Huh o yea…well I have to find someone to fill my spot at work because I have to go to FNMTV and co-host this show with Pete Wentz the rest of the week.”
“Ah and when do you have to have this person start for you?”
“Wednesday why do you know someone if you do please tell me.” I say begging him.
“I don’t know if I should tell you?” he said playing around.
“Why wont you tell me?” I played along by putting on my puppy dog face. I must say that it works quit well.
“I wish you wouldn’t do that.” he said very serious not him playful self.
My face suddenly drops. Do I really look that bad. Does he not wanna be my friend anymore. “What did I do wrong? If you don’t wanna tell me you don’t have too. If you don’t wanna be my friend anymore I totally understand.” I say backing up a little bit.
“No that’s not it I really wanna be friends with you. I’ll tell you. don’t freak its just that face you make it, it just makes me wish we can be more than…” his phone starts to go off. I didn’t hear the rest of what he said.
After he closes his phone I ask, “What did you say.”
“Just forget it umm I will work your spot for you why you are gone.”
“You don’t have to do that Bent.”
“I know but how often do people win a chance to do this? Not often so go.”
“Thank you so much.”
I give a big hug then a peck on the lips.
“I owe you big time.” I get up then leave to go tell Kaycie the good news.
Chapter
I look out the window. Clouds go by.
“Please fasten your seat belts we will be landing in New York in about 15min.” the pilot says over the intercom. I dazedly fasten my seat belt for some reason flying makes me sleepy.
“Roxie?” I look over Kaycie just woke up.
“Yeah we are here.” her eyes widen and she perks up.
“Sweet mama we are almost there. We are so close to meeting Pete. I think I’m gonna pass out.” I give her one of those barf bags. She grabs it then looks at it.
“Ewww!” she throws it at me.
I cant help but laugh.
“Just wait til I get you back for that Rox.” Kayc says with a hollow threat.
“Cant wait.” I say smiling.
~~~~~~~*
“Right this way ladies.” Pete Wentz assistant says heading to what I take to be her car. She picked us up from the airport.
“Where will we be going first?” we get in the car.
“First we will go to your hotel so you can drop your things off and get situated. Then we will go to the set and you can meet Pete and Ashley and do a run through of what you guys are to do on your first set episode. I’m not sure after that.” she looks at us from her review mirror.
“Sweet.” Kaycie says.
I lean over, “ She seems really nice.”
“Yeah.” she whispers back.
~*~~~~~~~~*
“OMG! At this room.” we go into our hotel SUITE. I kick off my shoes and run to go find the bed. It’s King size. Sweet mama. I start to jump on it.
Kaycie walks up to me, “Your such a little kid I mean really look….” she takes off screaming to what I take to be the bathroom. I follow her. When I get in there she is laying in the bathtub.
“What was that about acting like a kid?”
“Shut up!” there’s a knock on the door.
“Who in the world.”
“I don’t know but I call getting the door.” I say leaving her in my dust.
We reach the door at the same time. I would have beat her if I didn’t trip over the couch. I open it. There stands on the other side of the threshold is a hot bellboy.
“Can we help you?” I ask all flirty.
“We got a complaint at the front desk about some girls screaming.”
We blush.
“Care to explain the problem.”
Kaycie starts, “Roxie was on the bed and I was saying how kid like she can be when I look…” I finish with a lil white lie.
“And there runs a rat across the bathroom floor. Now you cant tell me if you see a big brown hairy thing with black beady eyes your not gonna scream.” he shivers.
I look over at Kaycie she is laughing on the inside but on the outside she is looking at me like WTF. I shrug my shoulders.
“Lets not mention this “rat” problem to anyone.”
“What will we get out of this?” Kaycie asks with a cocked eyebrow.
“A free dinner at our restaurant down stairs.”
We exchange a look.
“We’ll take it.” in return to saying that Kaycie and I pretend to lock our mouths and throw the key. He laughs.
“Thank you.”
“No thank you.” I say with a wink.
We shut the door.
“Man he was fine.” I say locking the dead bolt.
I hear a manly chuckle on the other side of the door. I look out the peek hole and the guy is still there. I throw myself against the door.
Kaycie comes to see what the noise was.
“What are you doing?” she asks with a questionable look on her face.
“He’s out there.”
“Who?”
“The bellboy and he heard me say how fine he is.”
“Why?”
“How the heck am I suppose to know. But now he knows that I think he is fine.”
“Let me look.” I peel myself off the door.
“He’s not out there.” she steps aside. I run to the door and she’s right his not there.
“He must have left.” I say with a sigh and a shrug.
Sign up to rate and review this story