Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago is so Two Years Ago

Chapter 8

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 0 reviews

The morning after a hard night of liquor. Always a hardship. But does Nathalie remember Patrick's confession from the night before?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-08-31 - Updated: 2008-08-31 - 1683 words - Complete

0Unrated
I woke up with an intense nausea eating at my insides. Getting up cautiously, I tiptoed into the bathroom. Once in there, the nausea hit me hard as I threw myself at the toilet and ejected my innards into the water. I sunk into against the platform and leaned against the wall as I wondered to myself, "What happened last night?"
I tried to remember details but the only image I had in my mind was of Patrick tucking me in but I know something happened before that but it just wouldn't come back to my memory.
I held my head and stood up before grabbing a container of Tylenol and taking a few. I looked in the mirror and nearly screamed at how bloodshot my eyes were. I rubbed them a little but they were still really red.
I decided to take a shower to relax my stiff muscles before I started my day. It was Thursday so I'd have to start packing for Warped Tour before I left for class.
I can't believe I'd be going with them...it felt like I had a million things left to do before we leave.
After I finished my shower, I started to put on my make-up. Starting with foundation, I thickly applied and re-applied multiple layers onto my skin. Even though I felt terrible, I felt like I needed to make an effort to look good today.
I quickly put on my eyeliner and mascara so I wouldn't take up the bathroom. I walked out still in pajama shorts and a large shirt, when I noticed Patrick sitting down at my desk. He swiftly pried his hand off the desk and forced a wave.
"What are you doing here?" I asked while escaping a yawn.
"I just came to check on you and see if you were alright," he said and smiled a huge smile at me. I pretended not to acknowledge it since I was still trying to figure out what he was smiling about. He said something to me but I just can’t remember it! I probably shouldn’t let this bug me…but it is.
"You need to start locking your doors," he commented while spinning in the chair.
I just shrugged and pressed the play button on my stereo and walked back into the bathroom to brush my hair.
Patrick sat awkwardly on my spinning chair as he tapped randomly on the floor with his feet.
I grabbed a suitcase and placed it on the bed and started putting my accessories in one by one. Patrick took one look at its large size and raised an eyebrow and said, "Do you really need that big of a suitcase?"
I gave him a dull look and asked, "How long is warped tour?"
"A few months or so," he answered. I rolled my eyes and answered rudely, "Then yes, I need this big of a suitcase. I have a lot of stuff."
"I see. Is there some specific reason why you're so moody today?" he asked curiously. Sighing, I answered ashamedly, "It's because I have a bad hangover."
"Oh," he said and laughed nervously. He was really acting weird today. I walked into the bathroom and changed into a gray band tee with a pair of tight black skinny jeans. Walking out, I grabbed my books and said, "I need to go to class."
"Can I walk you there?"
"Sure," I replied as I motioned for him to follow me. I locked my door and started down the hall with Patrick on my side. It was seriously awkward. I wondered to myself if this was because the fact that we were ‘together’ now. I really hope that this isn’t going to change how we act around each other.
When we arrived at the classroom, I nodded at Patrick and said, "Thanks for checking up on me. I'll talk to you later, okay?" and gave him a quick hug and shuffled into class.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick's point of view

"Patrick, where are you going?" Pete asked me as I was almost out the door of the lobby. Dimly, I responded with, "I'm going to go see how Nathalie is doing."
Pete sighed impatiently as he said bluntly, "Dude, she's not going to remember. You know that, right?"
"Yeah," I sighed, while on the inside, I was hopeful that she would. So I wanted to visit her this morning and figure out if she recalls anything. I just need to know if this is the real thing this time.

I walked down the street and over to her dorm (which was conveniently located right next to the hotel) and walked up the stairs and went to her room. I was going to knock but I noticed the door was unlocked so I opened it and went in.
I sat down on a spinning chair and sat there for a few minutes. Then the bathroom door opened and Nathalie stood there in pajama shorts and a large tee shirt. I waved to her, not being able to say anything due to my speechlessness at her attire. I swear I felt my jaw drop...but I could be exaggerating.
"What are you doing here?" she asked, her voice calm and tired without any agitation.
"I just came to check on you and see if you were alright," I explained while smiling, trying to read her thoughts. But instead, she turned away and didn't acknowledge my caring gesture. My anticipation kind of fell after that, but I was determined to figure her out.
"You need to start locking your doors," I commented with a pinch of scolding in my voice. She simply shrugged me off and turned on her music to avoid further conversation. I found myself offended by this but calmed myself down by assuring myself that it's not my fault. I sighed and watched her brush her hair in her mirror.
Thoughts ran through my head as I tapped away on the floor and fidgeted with a pen. Did she remember what I said last night? Is she angry with me over what I said? Perhaps she doesn't know and is just being grumpy. Now I kind of wish I never said anything to her...I kind of just want the relationship we had before where there wasn’t so much awkwardness.
She walked out and grabbed a large suitcase out of the corner. She exhaled an agitated sigh as she grabbed a bunch of accessories and started packing. After seeing all she'd laid out, I felt the urge to ask, "Do you really need that big of a suitcase?"
She gave me a blank look and asked, "How long is warped tour?"
I thought about it before replying, "A few months or so..."
"Then yes, I'm going to need this big of a suitcase. I have a lot of stuff."
I felt a little uneasy with her reply and urged to figure out if she remembered or not. I just had to know so I knew what to tiptoe around. I simply responded, "I see. Is there some specific reason why you're so moody today?"
"It's because I have a bad hangover," she said slightly muted as if she was embarrassed.
"Oh," I responded and laughed awkwardly, questions running through my head. She had to have remembered. She's treating me a lot differently than yesterday.
She walked into the bathroom again and walked out with a gray t-shirt and black skinnies. She slipped t her shoes on and stood up and said, "I need to go to class."
She picked up her books and walked to the door and I asked, "Can I walk you there?"
"Sure," she said surprisingly and gestured to me to follow her. I did so and walked by her side down the hall and down the stairs. It was quiet on the way there until she reached the classroom and turned to me and said, "Thanks for checking up on me. I'll talk to you later, okay?" and hugged me for a second before shuffling into class.
I stood there staring at the floor, confused and slightly hurt. What going on in her mind? She is confusing the hell out of me.
I turned around and started walking back to the hotel. I then saw Pete walking my direction. I really didn't want to be interrogated so I tried to avoid him.
But he grabbed my shoulder and greeted, "Hey Patrick, how'd it go?"
"Ugh," was all I said as I started to walk again. He made a concerned face and asked, "Well, do you want me to talk to her?"
I shook my head and kept on walking leaving Pete confused.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Nathalie's point of view again

When I walked out of my class, I saw Pete standing behind the door, looking troubled. Smiling, I greeted, "Hey Pete, what's up?"
"Hey…did you say anything peculiar to Patrick?" he asked accusingly. I was startled by his tone and replied honestly, "I have no idea what you're talking about."
His facial expression calmed immediately as he explained, "Well, Patrick seemed a little annoyed when I tried to talk to him earlier. Are you sure you didn't say anything that would set him off?"
I bit my lip and answered, "Well, I don’t think I said anything to purposely upset him. He was acting rather…awkward, truthfully."
"Oh," he said toneless. He sighed, shook his head and said, "What am I going to do with you two? Sometimes, he is so stubborn. This is going to make warped tour very interesting. Just be sure to talk to him before we leave so there's no tension on the bus. Trust me, you don't want to have any fights before tour because they will intensify because you are around each other for days. Well, don't let it bother you. I'll talk to you later, sweetheart. Say hi to Jaden for me," before kissing me on the cheek and walking off. Sighing, I turned and sulked towards my next class.
Sign up to rate and review this story