Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago is so Two Years Ago

Chapter 9

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 0 reviews

Gotta love those movie moments...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-08-31 - Updated: 2008-08-31 - 1321 words - Complete

0Unrated
After all my classes were done, I walked back to my dorm and finished packing the things I’d need for tour life. I packed my camera, some old pictures of me and the band, lots of summer clothing, a few hoodies just in case, and a notebook for writing and drawing.
When I finished packing, I fell onto my bed and sighed as I stared at the ceiling.
Then I heard the door open, I looked up to see Jaden walk in with her books.
She put them on the desk and turned and said, "Hi roomy! Why the sad face?"
“I think Patrick‘s upset because I don‘t remember what happened last night," I explained guiltily.

"Oh," she said and sat down on her bed, "I hope things get better for you guys. But hey, we should go to the mall or something."
I smiled and said, "We should do that. I want to be okay again but that's so hard when I can't make up my mind about Patrick. When we were friends, we could talk about anything with each other. It‘s like we can‘t even talk anymore because we‘ve suddenly become a ‘thing’. I miss being ourselves."
"Then tell him that," she insisted. I made a whiny voice and said, "but I don't want to!"
"Too bad! You're telling him," she said forcefully. Sighing, I asked, “Can I just get hit by a semi-truck now?”
"Don't say that! It's really up to you, though. Personally, I think Patrick would do you some good. He seems really sincere. Umm…so what happened when we all left the room yesterday?"
I shook my head and said, "We argued,,,He still kisses the same way as before...I'm so stupid."
I looked up at Jaden and saw a little smirk-like grin on her face and she giddily said, "Oh, that's so cute! I don't know why, but that makes me feel giddy! I hope you two hook up soon! The way you guys linger is killing me!"
I smiled at her before growing a more serious look and saying tonelessly, "Have you ever felt like everyday of your life is the same thing over and over again? I've felt this way for a long time; it's as if I'm a lifeless soul walking the streets alone with no goal and no outlook of life to form. Then he appears in my life and suddenly I'm overwhelmed with emotions that feel so amazing...yet, I'm afraid to give into them. What does this mean?"
"Wow, that's a lot of big words," she paused and said, "but I do believe what you're feeling is a lot like love."
"Oh," I said blankly, "So this is what those songs mean when they say weird things like, "What did I say, what did you do? How did I fall in love with you?" It just sort of happens?"
"Yeah, I guess... I wouldn't really know for sure. I don't think I've ever been in love. But I think you should follow your heart," she said.

I smiled and replied honestly, "Wow, that was possibly the smartest thing I've ever heard you say!"
"That's not nice!" she giggled before asking, "So, what do we do now?"
“Let's go to the mall!" I answered as we both left and went to the mall.
While there, Pete called my cell phone and asked me to do him a 'huge' favor.
"Will you buy me some starbucks? This meeting is going to take way longer than I hoped and now I'm unprepared for hours worth of discussing stuff. So, do me a favor and get me a Caffe Mocha, please?"
I sighed and answered reluctantly, "Sure. Where is your meeting?"
"We're at the hotel business room. We'll let you in; just knock. Seeya in a bit then," he said and hung up.
So Jaden and I bought his Starbucks and headed over to the hotel. Jaden held his drink while I knocked on the door to the business room. Andy ran and opened the door before saying, "I'm not supposed to let people in but you two are special and we need some help with something so," he grabbed both our arms and dragged us inside.
We both sat down at the end of the table and noticed the ten other people sitting around the table. Jaden slid the coffee over to Pete who was sitting on her left. He smiled and winked at her and I smirked as her face grew red. Smiling, I asked, "So what'd you guys want?"
That’s when I heard someone cough to clear their throat before speaking. It was Patrick.
"Well," he started, "this is our first time on warped and we wanted you to have a sponsor so you could be professionally paid for your company since we‘re kinda kidnapping you. We talked to our label about it and pretty much; you're qualified for payment as a roadie. You've got a new job."
I sat there thinking for about five minutes before I screamed, "you're paying me? Why? You're kidding, right? I didn't think it would be a big deal. I thought I was just doing you guys a favor."
He shook his head as he looked over at Pete and replied, "Well, you've gotten an official promotion from us. We're liable for your services."
"So, I'm going to be touring with you guys for more than a month?"
They all nodded.
"No more Chicago?"
They all shrugged and Pete answered, "We'll come back once in a while. But from this point in time, we're going for the big time and we want you with us all the way. We don't want to lose touch again like before. This time around, we're practically going to own you."
I stood and screamed as if I had just ridden a roller coaster. I started hopping around and cheering, “No more college! Wait, does that mean I have to drop out?”
I looked down at Jaden who was still sitting down and staring at the ground. I stopped jumping immediately and ran over and asked, "What's wrong?"
"I can't go on tour with you guys forever. I have to stay here and finish college," she replied disappointedly.
"Oh," I muttered, feeling as if I'd just been stabbed in the heart, "I didn't realize what I'd be leaving. Now I don’t want to go..."
She just shook her head and retorted, "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. You’re not going to miss anything here."
I shook my head and said, "That's not true, I love living in Chicago. I love living at the dorm and sharing a room with you. My heart will always remain in Chicago!"
At that, Pete stood up, walked over to Jaden, and patted her on the back before saying, "You can come with us if you want to. I have a special task you could do and we need your assistance as well. You're not being left out at all, okay? You're not losing your best friend to a bunch of guys in a band," and kissed her on the cheek and whispered, "Are you going to be okay?"
She nodded slowly as I smiled at the scene. Then I looked at Patrick and said, "I owe you my life," before running up to him and giving him a huge hug that lasted several minutes of me saying 'thanks' as many ways I could possibly think of.
"Patrick, you've been so gracious to me ever since I met you and I owe you my entire soul for how awesome you‘ve just made my life!" I oozed in the most meaningful tone I had. It was true. Earlier, he had made me feel awkward and insecure but now after this one thing he did, my life just lit up into flames.
Sign up to rate and review this story