Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 8 Harry Potter Movie Marathon and a Second of Barney

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 8

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-08-31 - Updated: 2008-08-31 - 1574 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 8 Harry Potter Movie Marathon and a Second of Barney

After the shopping Aina, Jenna, and Larissa headed back home with Kevin, Joe, and Nick following them. They decided to head to Larissa's house and just watch a movie and hang out there. Larissa pulled up in her driveway as Kevin parked his car on the street.

"I'm gonna go home and put my stuff in my room. I'll be back in 2 minutes," Aina said before walking across the street to her house.

"Welcome to my home boys," Larissa said as they entered her foyer. "Make yourselves at home, but don't make too much of a mess."

"This is a really nice house Larissa," Kevin commented looking through to the kitchen with it's marble top island in the middle and fancy little kitchen gadgets.

"Thanks! But this is nothing. You should see Aina's house," Larissa ushered everyone into the living room.

Hmmm... Aina must be loaded if her house looks better than this. Maybe she wouldn't go for a guy like me, Joe thought as he sat down on one side of the couch sandwiching Jenna between himself and Kevin. He looked across the coffee table to the entertainment center filled with video games and DVD's.

"So what do you guys want to watch?" Larissa asked everyone as she sat in the love seat putting her feet up on the coffee table, while Nick sat on the recliner across from her.

Jenna grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. "Maybe there's something on."

"Girlie Imma raid your frig," Aina said as she walked through the front door going straight for the kitchen.

"Get something for us too!" Larissa yelled.

"Assistance please!" They all heard her yell from the kitchen.

"I'll go," both Nick and Joe said at the same time.

"Both of you vamanos!" Aina ordered.

Joe and Nick walked in the kitchen and were immediately met with a few bags of chips, some cookies, a plate of brownies, and three family sized bottles of soda.

"Geez girl you can really eat," Joe said as he walked to the living room with his arms full making Aina giggle.

"Umm... Aina, I'm a diabetic," Nick said looking at all the sweets Joe was walking away with.

"Oh well... those brownies are made with a sugar substitute, I don't know if you're allowed to eat that, but if you are they taste really good, there's diet soda in the frig, and I'm making popcorn."

"Those should be fine I think," Nick said as he reached for the diet soda in the refrigerator.

"We still need to pick a movie," Jenna announced as she looked through the DVD's.

"How about some Harry Potter?" Aina said in her fake Oliver Wood accent as she set the popcorn down on the table and sat down next to Larissa.

"Oh yeah let's watch that! Emma Watson's hot," Joe said excited.

When the first movie was over Aina went into the kitchen to cook some real food.

"It's past lunch time and I want some real food. Larissa do you have rice?" Aina asked as she walked through the foyer.

"Yeah we have half a pot left," Larissa said.

"Time for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,"Jenna said before attempting to speak parseltongue.

"Ha! She may not talk to sock puppets, but she talks gibberish," Nick said making fun of Jenna.

"Well," Jenna scoffed before scoffing again to buy time and think of a comeback. "Well, you have a fro." This caused everyone to laugh.

"That's why we call him the fro bro," Joe said causing everyone to laugh even harder.

"You know it wasn't really that funny," Aina said walking in from the kitchen with a bowl of vegetarian chili and rice in her hands. Everyone continued to laugh, except Joe.

Ouch. That was a burn to the old ego, he thought. "So what are you eating?"

"Chili and rice. I was hoping for some bean-less chili with meat, but I forgot that Larissa only likes the vegetarian chili... with beans. What some?"

"Sure," Joe said reaching for her fork.

She pulled her bowl away. "Well there's more in the microwave," she said as if he was a little crazy and everyone laughed. "Another thing you need to know about me, other than I'm always hungry is I don't really like to share my food. A community bowl of chips and dip, fine, but my own personal bowl of chili, I think not," Aina said sarcastically and shoveling agood fork full of chili and rice into her mouth.

"You have to be pretty special to share food with Aina," Jenna said. "Even we don't get to sometimes... seriously." Aina snickered at her own little odd behavior.

She's so pretty when she smiles. And she'll share her food with me, I'm gonna be that special person for Aina, Joe thought to himself as the second Harry Potter movie started.

Nick was slightly drifting off to sleep despite it being around 1:00 in the afternoon. When Aina said with much enthusiasm, along with the mother Weasley, in accent and all, "Where HAVE you been?" Nick was startled out of his light sleep and awoke with a snort that had everyone in the room erupt in laughter.

"When he's really sleeping he sleeps like arock and you need like, 2 hours to wake him up," Kevin explained as Nick sat up a little more and proceeded to watch the movie.

Jenna continuing to imitate Harry in speaking parseltougune before Kevin took her away to the kitchen. Joe was now sitting with Aina in the love seat, while Larissa laid down on the couch, Nick still in the recliner. The four discussed what their patronus' would be when the first lake scene came on in the third movie.

"I'd be a stallion," Nick said before showing off his guns.

"Dang boy, if they made 15 year olds like you when I was fifteen, my grades wouldn't have been as good," Aina said truthfully.

"It's true," Larissa said having a little laugh. "I'm guessing a horse for me too. Ooo, or maybe a dolphin!"

"Lioness for me," Aina said. "What about you Joe?"

"Ummm... Barney."

"Joe, Barney isn't an animal. He was a dinosaur," Nick said.

"I don't think dinosaurs count 'cause their extinct, do they?" Larissa asked. Aina gave her a shrug.

"Well... a puppy then because I'm cute and loveable," Joe said turning to Aina and gave her puppy dog eyes, making her laugh a little.

There wasn't much talking after that. Kevin and Jenna were still in the kitchen, Joe howled, but not because there was a werewolf, but because Emma was "totally hot," and Nick fell asleep in the recliner, even thought it wasn't reclined. When they put the fourth movie in Joe gaped at Hermione in her "Cinderella moment," Larissa swooned every time Cedric Diggory came on screen, and Aina cried at the end when Amos kept saying, "That's my son. That's my boy."

"This part always gets to her," Larissa said.

"It's just so sad," Aina explained laughing slightly for her silliness, but still crying real tears for a fictional character and his father.

Joe reached placing his left arm around her and pulled her into a hug which she greatly accepted. Joe leaned back a little and Aina leaned with him her right hand going around his back and her head resting on his chest as they continued to watch the end of the fourth movie.

Larissa looked at the two discreetly. Mhm... those two are totally gonna hook up in London.

Just as the credits began to roll Kevin and Jenna came back into the living room trying to tame their hair. Larissa and Aina sat up immediately, pressing their lips together trying not to laugh at their messy hair.

"Mom wants up to come home," Kevin told Joe while trying to wake Nick up.

"But it's only 6:00 and there's one more movie," Joe said as he and the other two girls tried to contain their giggles at Jenna and Kevin's make-out hair.

"It doesn't matter, mom wants us home, so we're going home," Kevin said sternly as Nick finally began to wake up.

"Nice hair," was all he said when he woke up. The other three couldn't contain themselves as they burst out laughing. Larissa lost some of the redness that appeared on her face from keeping in her laughter.

Jenna bit her bottom lip before looking at Kevin. They both blushed a little and looked away.

"Come on guys we really need to go," Kevin said as he pulled Nick, still half asleep, onto his feet and headed towards the doorway.

Nick said his good bye's to the girls and sat in the back seat. Larissa did the same with the boys and headed into the house.

"Well tonight was fun," Aina heard Jenna say to Kevin from behind her.

"I would hate to know how they got hair like that if they weren't having fun," Joe said quietly enough for only Aina to hear, making her giggle.

"Thanks for letting me use you as a tissue earlier."

"Any time, really."

"Okay well I'll see you later then," Aina said before any awkward silences could come about.

"Yeah see you later," he said leaning in for a hug. Looked up to see Kevin and Jenna kissing. When he let Aina go, he leaned in slightly...
Sign up to rate and review this story