Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 9 Late Night Talks

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 9

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-01 - Updated: 2008-09-02 - 1475 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 9 Late night talks

"Yeah see you later," he said leaning in for a hug. Looked up to see Kevin and Jenna kissing. When he let Aina go, he leaned in slightly... before kissing her on the cheek. "Goodnight," he said in a low voice and got into the passenger seat.

Aina just stood there with a small smile on her face. Jenna, on cloud nine, walked over and stood next to Aina and they both watched as the boys drove off.

"I think I'm in love," Jenna sighed before heading in the Johnson house. Aina chuckled a little and followed after.

"So are we gonna talk about your love lives now?" Larissa said as they came through the door.

"Well, I'm sure you already know what happened between Kevin and me in the kitchen," Jenna said walking into the living room and falling onto the couch.

"Lets just hope all clothes stayed on, all buttons stayed buttoned, and all zippers stayed zipped," Larissa said collapsing onto the love seat.

"Yeah 'cause, I mean, that's the kitchen. People cook and eat in there you know?" Aina said sitting in the recliner. "Also! You didn't mention to Larissa what you said outside."

Larissa popped up from laying down and said, "And what was that?!"

Aina put a dreamy expression on her face and said in aslightly higher voice than usual, "I think I'm in love."

"What!?! You've known each other for like..." Larissa started calculating in her head.

"A little over a year since we started talking on the message board," Jenna said.

"Don't you think it's a little early to even /think/you're in love?" Larissa asked as Aina nodded her head. "I mean you guys just officially met this could all be physical attraction for all you know."

"Well, we're exclusive now, so we'll see what happens. What about you little Miss I'm-cuddling-with-Joe-Jonas?" Jenna asked. The other two were going to ask about the "exclusive" part, but Jenna just said, "Nope, no changing the subject now that we're on a new one. Just answer the question."

"Actually I'd like to know about this too," Larissa added.

"What? Nothing happened. I mean he just held me as Icried. Cried over some stupid movie about wizards, at that. He probably thinks I'm some kind of nut for crying over the death of a fictional character, under fictional circumstances, and out of pity for the fictional father that lost his fictional son because of the fictional circumstances!" Aina rambled on about what happened earlier and laid back in the recliner.

After Larissa stopped laughing at her friends expense she said, "Okay so lets examine this shall we? You cried... over something you think is stupid, you're ashamed that you cried... but only because Joe saw you, and now you hope he doesn't thing you're weird."

"I think someone's falling," Jenna said in a sing song voice.

"Wha... I... No... Maybe?" Aina couldn't complete a full sentence, sounding a little hopeless.

"Oh my gosh!" Larissa and Jenna squealed.

"My little girl is growing up, putting away the books, and realizing there's a male species," Jenna said lightly teasing.

"Ha ha ha, that was so funny," Aina said sarcastically.

"Okay well what's gonna happen now?" Larissa asked.

"I don't know. I'm definitely not gonna do anything. Idon't even know if he likes me. Did you see how he was fawning over Emma Watson?" Aina said.

"Aina," Jenna whined. "You have to do something. It's not like he's gonna run into Emma Watson in London and fall in love with her. Flirt with him a little bit."

"You wanted me to run into Tom Felton?" Jenna laughed at herself since what Aina said was true. "And besides, I don't know how to flirt, you know that."

"Oh you know, just compliment him sometimes, touch him... appropriately of course, and act girly," Jenna said.

"You two of all people should know that I don't act girly for anyone. And... I don't... touch people," Aina said a little unnerved while talking about this. "Arg!" She said standing up and started pacing. "I've never had a boyfriend, I've never thought about having aboyfriend, and I honestly thought I was gonna grow old alone. And you know what? I was okay with that! Now... we're gonna be in London together. I'm gonna be so distracted."

"I can't believe you're worried about being distracted. I would love to be distracted if I were in your position. And besides, Miss Pessimist, I was always positive you'd get a boyfriend sooner or later. I just thought that you would be a little more optimistic about it,"Jenna said.

"Aina, you're so pretty and smart, there were a lot of guys that liked you back in high school, you just never noticed," Larissa informed.

"You don't even know if Joe likes me."

"Of course he likes you! He wouldn't have been holding you tonight if he didn't," Jenna said.

"He was just probably being nice. You know what? Can you guys stop putting these thoughts in my head. Can we just, not talk about this anymore... please?" Aina said finally sitting down.

"Okay," Larissa agreed.

"Fine," Jenna said as she turned on the TV to watch something on the Disney channel.

* * * *

"So you gonna fix your hair before we go inside?" Joe asked his brother with a smile on his face as they sat in the car sitting in the Jonas driveway.

"Shut up," Kevin said as he finally got his hair exactly how it was when he left the house.

"So did you ask her to be your girlfriend?" Nick asked as they got out of the car.

"Of course he did, why else would he have make-out hair?" Joe said nudging his brother.

"Hey boys, go get washed up. Dinners in 30 minutes,"their mom, Denise, said as the boys passed by the kitchen.

"Okay mom," they all said simultaneously, each giving her a hug and kiss.

All three boys went into Kevin and Joe's room.

"So Joe, what about you?" Kevin asked.

"What are you talking about?" Joe asked with a small smile on his face.

"Don't act dumb, Joe."

"He doesn't have to act Kevin, it just comes naturally, doesn't it Joe?" Nick said jokingly.

"Wow Nick you're hilarious. Now get out of our room," Joe said.

"Aww come on man, it was just a joke. Now what happened?"

"Yeah come on Joe I saw you guys holding each other when I came in the living room."

"What? You were like... cuddling?" Nick asked surprised. "Since when do you cuddle?"

"She was crying 'cause some guy died in the movie and I couldn't just sit there while she cried. So, I held her," Joe said remembering the feeling of her arms around him, her head resting on his chest, and the smell of lavender that was emitting off of her.

"Oh man, and I thought I had it bad," Kevin chuckled.

"What are you talking about?" Joe asked.

"What do you mean what is he talking about?" Nick answered. "Just look at you! You like her."

Joe sighed, "And so what if I do? It's not like anything is gonna happen."

"Why not?" Nick asked. "Nothing's ever stopped you from acting like a weirdo for a girl before."

"Well she's like... perfect and I'm... well, I talk to sock puppets," Joe said as he started playing with his hands.

"Perfect? Joe no one's perfect, you know that," Kevin said.

"Well she's just so smart, pretty, smells so good, and sometimes she kinda floats when she walks," Joe said as his mind began to wander a little bit.

"And the problem is?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, if she's so 'perfect' then wouldn't she at least give you a chance if you asked her out?" Kevin added.

"But why would she want to go out with a guy like me?Some lower class that came here from Jersey that has to use his older brothers old coats because his family can't afford to buy him new ones," Joe said getting a little upset, still not looking up from his hands.

"Joe I really don't think Aina thinks so low of you,"Kevin said getting up from his bed to sit next to Joe. "She's a good person and I don't think our family budget will influence her decision to date you."

"Boys it's time for dinner," Paul, their father, said from the bottom of the staircase.

During dinner all of the boys talked about their day. All of them, except for Joe. When Denise asked if he was feeling well he just said, "I'm find mom, just a little tired. That's all." She knew he was lying, but didn't pry.

Poor guy, I've never seen him like this, Kevin thought as he watched Joe in his miserable state.
Sign up to rate and review this story