Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > With Just A Touch Of My Burning Hand

Chapter 6 - We'll Drown Ourselves In Misery Tonight

by x-The-Black-Parade-x 2 reviews

next chapter people =]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-09-03 - Updated: 2008-09-03 - 1348 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6 - We'll Drown Ourselves In Misery Tonight
POV: Gerards

As I came to, it took me a minute to remember all that had happened, but sure enough the memories soon came flooding back to me. My eyes flickered opened revealing a place I hadn’t seen before, and a very distressed Mikey talking too, I think himself. I wearily sat up and took in more of my surroundings. I think I made Mikey jump from my ‘sudden’ movement. A woman, with gray hair that was tied up into a neat bun and who was probably coming up for retirement, quietly walked into the room and shut the door behind her, as she turned around I could see her uniform, she was a nurse.

“Ahh, Mr Way, you’ve finally woken up” She said and smiled.

The pain in my head was uncontrollable; it felt like my brain was expanding and any minute it was going to burst out of head.

“I’m surprised you havn’t got a headache Gee, you hit your head on the side of the bunk and you collapsed and then again as you hit the floor” exclaimed Mikey who by now had recovered from the shock of his brother finally waking up.

“I do” I said meekly

“Apart from your head, are you feeling alright?” Now it was the nurse who spoke
I nodded my head in a response.

“Ah, very good then...I shall get you some aspirin for your head then” As she walked out, I turned to Mikey and asked him how long I had been unconscious for.
“About 2 and a half days...”

”You really got me worried Gerard, and the rest of the guys... I’m sorry, but I had to tell them why I thought you had done it... I couldn’t lie to them” he added slowly. I held my arms out to him, asking for a hug.

“Where are the rest of them?” I asked him as he pulled back from the embrace and I shifted my legs so he could sit on the bed instead of that rather uncomfy looking chair.

“I sent them back to the bus; they’ve been here with me since we took you to the emergency room.”

“Thank-you Mikey...I’m sorry...for everything...I’ve been a complete dick, I know it was wrong what I done but, I don’t know I just... well... wasn’t thinking of you, or of everyone, I was just being selfish and only thinking of myself. I just thought, a few cuts would help how I’m feeling, and then I would go to bed and everything would be ok... but it wasn’t...obviously”
“Sssh, its okay, just promise me... you won’t do this again”

“I promise Mikey” I said, crying.

The women who had come to check on me earlier came back to give me the aspirin for my head, and also a doctor came in as well.

“Good afternoon Mr Way, I’m Dr. Edwards, I have been looking after you these past few days, Nurse Gibson tells me you are feeling fine apart from your head...”

“Hey, yeah, that’s right”

“Good, well, we just need to do one more test, and once we have got the results, and they are good you should be able to leave” he said smiling,

“But...” he carried on...Why must there always be a but?

“I strongly recommended you seeing a physiatrist, your brother informs me that you inflicted those wounds yourself”

“I did, but I don’t need a physiatrist, I have my brother and my band”

“Very well Mr Way, but can I give you the number for one? Just in case...”

I knew I wouldn’t win this, so I accepted the number from him, and put it on the dresser next to me as he walked over to my bed, and got the nurse to take out some blood.

“Mikey! Have you seen the papers?!” Frank almost shouted as he came storming into the room, and threw a copy of a newspaper at him, a second after, Ray and Bob came in looking just as angry as Frank.

“Gee, you’re awake!” said a relieved looking Ray, Frank had obviously been too focused on what he was doing to notice. I nodded, and turned to look at Mikey, reading the headline, as he read more of the article on the front page, I could see his face changing, and soon he looked just as angry, if not more, then the rest.

“What?” I asked them, quizzically, Mikey, now in total shock just handed me the newspaper to read for myself.

‘What A Way Too Go!’ read the headline with a picture of me beside it, wearing an oxygen mask on and lying on a stretcher being escorted into the back of an ambulance, I read the article that was underneath, The Daily Mail wrote that I had apparently tried to commit suicide, then it went onto saying, how hypocritical I was, because only a few months ago I had denied the claims they had wrote about us when they blamed our band for the suicide of a teenage girl. They said that I wasn’t the great role-model that I thought I was.

Hang on a moment, when have I ever said that I was a great role-model? I don’t ever recall saying that, fuck, I don’t even remember THINKING it!

I read on, they were ‘warning’ the parents to keep their children away from listening to our music, they said we were dangerous and we shouldn’t be allowed to create music that was as dark, and depressing as it was.

It’s like re-living a nightmare, so many questions were burning in my head. How did they know I was in hospital? By Mikey, Ray, Bob and Frank’s reactions it obviously wasn’t them. It wasn’t me. It wouldn’t have been anyone working at the hospital, would it? Well no, of course it wouldn’t, because of patient confidentiality and all that crap.

“Shit, the Daily Mail really have it in for us don’t they?” I said, looking at the others.
A mixture of ‘mmms’ and ‘yeahs’ came as a reply, anger boiled inside of me until I felt like I was going to explode.

“Hey guys, how are ya doing Gee?” Brain, our manager, said as he walked through the door.

“Alright cheers, have you seen the papers today?” I asked him

“Yeah, I have... I came over to talk to you about it” meaning all of us.

“What are we going to do?” said Mikey this was the first thing he had said since reading the paper.

“Leave it for now, our focus is to get Gerard better and out of here, then we can decide properly what to do. Then, we will all of calmed down, and will be thinking rationally and sensibly and won’t rush into doing anything stupid” said Bob, we all agreed.

In the hospital room, it was starting to get really crowded; a room that was meant for two, maybe three people maximum, now had 6. As the doctor, came in he was a little taken a-back by all the people that were in the room, and told me he had the results from my blood tests and that they were all clear, meaning I was discharged and could leave any time I wanted. I got ready, and off we went. As I came out of the door, I realised that our body-guards were waiting for us. I greeted them, and then we went to our rental car, and Brains car, split up and went back to the tour bus. With all the thoughts of the Daily Mails recent article on us, I hadn’t thought of the reason why I was in hospital at all.


A/N: hey, sorry I havn't updated in a while, I've been really busy....but here it is! the next chapter! r&r? thanks! =]
Sign up to rate and review this story