Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 15 Some Dreams Get Crushed

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 15

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-07 - Updated: 2008-09-08 - 1824 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 15 Some Dreams Get Crushed

The echo of heavy breathing could be heard throughout the bedroom. Joe laid on top of Aina as he rested his forehead on hers, their breathes mingling, and his weight rested on his hands. She ran her fingers through his hair before pulling his lips to hers. Joe ran his hand down her side as he nipped at her lips. His hand guided her leg to wrap around his waist. Joe ground into her loving the feeling of her so tightly wrapped around his...

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" Frankie yelled as he ran into Kevin and Joe's room and flung himself onto Joe.

"Oomph," Joe squeaked out. "Frankie get off," he groaned. Frankie got off and ran to jump on Kevin as Joe laid on his side in afetal position trying to ease the pain caused by his little brother crushing his raging hard on.

"Hey man you okay?" Kevin asked when Frankie left the room.

Joe just grunted a "Later," in reply.

"So you gonna tell me what's wrong?" Kevin asked when Joe came back from the bathroom.

"Aina's gonna be the death of me," was Joe's reply.

"What are you talking about? You guys seem to be getting along."

"That's what I mean. I like her and sometimes I think she likes me too, but most of the time it doesn't seem like it."

"Well, at least she's not avoiding you anymore, that's gotta be something right?"

"That's what confuses me. She ignores me for like... 1 or 2 weeks, then at the party I was like, why haven't we talked for a long time, and she's like, I dunno, and then she saw me dancing with Cami..."

"You were dancing with Cami?" Kevin asked with adisgusted look on his face.

"Yeah, and it looked like she was gonna cry or something so she left and waited for us outside."

"You didn't go after her?"

"No, then when we were eating she's acting like none of that ever happened, like we're cool or something. But we're not cool, I'm freaking confused!" Joe said now pacing across the room.

"Maybe she thinks you don't like her since you were dancing with another girl AND you didn't go after her."

"Well I didn't want to be rude and just leave Cami there, plus she had a pretty good grip on me for someone that was drunk. But you know what? That's not the worst part."

"What's the worst part?"

Joe closed their door before whispering, "I've been having dreams about her."

"Why are you whispering?"

"Because I've been having sex dreams about her. That's why I was in pain this morning when Frankie jumped on me." This caused Kevin to erupt in laughter. "This isn't funny Kevin!"

"Okay, okay, sorry, but I honestly can't really help you. I think you should talk to Aina about this. Well, not the dreams, but about your feelings, maybe that's why you keep dreaming about her, you just want to get down to your relationship statues."

"I guess," Joe said running a hand through his hair and taking a seat on his bed.

"So... what are the dreams like?" Kevin teased before Joe grabbed a pillow and threw it at his older brother.

* * * *

"Aina you're still in your sweats from this morning," Lydia said as she and her husband came in through the door.

"Yeah Larissa and her parents went to Vegas for the week to spend time with her aunt or something," Aina replied.

"And Ferd has that business meeting they're all going to, that's why they're not joining us tonight," Michael said.

"Will you be okay alone tonight?" Lydia asked her daughter.

"Yes mom, I'm not a child anymore. Haven't been one for a long time."

"Okay," Lydia sighed. "Oh you got something in the mail," she dropped a large 12" x 9" white envelope next to Aina on the couch and continued to say, "we're going to be leaving in about 3 hours for our 7:15 reservation."

"Okay," Aina said as she continued to flip through the channels.

After not being able to find anything interesting to watch Aina turned off the TV and looked at the envelope sitting next to her. She looked at the return address. It was from Tight Tiger Records.

"Oh my gosh! I wonder if Joe got one too." Aina grabbed her car keys and yelled up the stairs, "I'm gonna go over to the Jonas's for a little bit, I'll be back soon."

"Okay sweetie, no need to hurry back," came Lydia's faint voice from the second floor.

With the envelop, her phone, wallet, and car keys in hand she left her house and drove over to the Jonas household.

Aina got to the parsonage in about 15 minutes. She parked on the street, proceeded to the house, and knocked on the front door. After afew moments Kevin answered.

"Hey Aina, nice sweats," he said.

"Ha, ha. Is Joe home?"

"Yeah come in. Joe someone's here to see you!" Kevin then left Aina to go to the bathroom.

Aina was left alone in the living room. She looked out the window and saw that the mailman was a few houses away.

"Hey," Joe said from behind her.

"Oh hey," Aina said a little startled. "I just got this in the mail today," she said showing Joe the Tight Tiger Records insignia.

"Well did you open it? What does it say?" Joe said walking outside to check the mail.

"I didn't open it yet," she said as Joe turned around and gave her an are-you-crazy look. "Don't look at me like that. I just wanted us to open our letters together. I just assumed that you'd get yours today too."

The mailman handed Joe their mail, one envelope looking identical to Aina's.

"I know that sounded totally corny and sentimental and such, but I'm a girl and I'm allowed to sound corny."

Joe laughed a little as he led the way back into his house. He set the rest of the mail on a table and proceeded to sit on the floor in front of the coffee table as Aina sat next to him. They both looked at each other before ripping their envelopes open. Aina pulled out the letter first.

Dear Ms. Meredith Andrada,

My name is Alicia Holmes and I will be your advisor for the duration of this internship. I would just like to introduce myself and let you know that we at Tight Tiger Records are happy to have you be a part of the TTR Internship.

I am sure you have already received information on what you are expected to do while you are a part of the internship. Enclosed with this letter are a print out of your confirmation number for your flight, abooklet to let you know a little more about TTR, a complimentary TTR planner that we wish for you to use to keep you organized, as well as a rough monthly schedule of what to expect. Some of these are subject to change. There are also a few new things that we have added to the internship this semester that is mentioned on the schedule.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and I am excited to work with you.

Sincerely,
Alicia Holmes
TTR Internship Advisor

"Wow, they gave us a planner too... a cheap planner, but it's still a planner," Aina said. "They must really want us to be organized." She opened up the planner and tucked into the front pocket was acredit card with her name on it. "Is this real?" She asked showing Joe the card.

Joe opened up his planner and saw and identical card only with different numbers and his own name on it. When he pulled it out alittle note came out with it. "Apparently the company gave us this card to use for whatever we want to while we're in London."

"So they're paying us about $6.50 an hour doing menial office work AND giving us our own credit card? Do we have to pay the credit card payments?"

"Holy crap," Joe said.

"What, what's wrong?" Aina asked not knowing if this was a good thing or a bad thing.

"They're gonna let one or two people actually intern in the studio, like an actual recording studio," Joe said getting excited.

"Really? Well, what do you have to do?"

"It says that they'll pick whoever they think'deserves it the most' whatever that means."

"Maybe they'll elaborate when we get there."

"Yeah maybe," Joe said looking intently at the paper.

Aina placed her hand on Joe's arm to get his attention.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll get it," Aina said rubbing his arm.

She has really soft hands, Joe thought as he placed his other hand on hers."Thanks," he said as he lightly stroked her hand with is thumb.

Aina's heart rate sped up and she felt as if she couldn't breathe anymore. She immediately took her hand back to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"So," she said beginning to change the subject, "where is everyone?"

"I don't know. There around here doing their own thing. Nick and Frankie are probably down stairs playing video games," Joe said trying to bounce back from the obvious rejection. "You know," he then said as to not get into an awkward silence, "I got you a birthday gift. Did you want it on your actual birthday or the day of the party?"

"Depends, do you want yours on your birthday or at the party?" Aina asked back.

"You didn't have to get me a gift."

"Well you didn't have to get me one either," Aina said waiting for a come back. When none came she continued, "How about we both exchange gifts after the party, just you and me."

Just then Kevin came walking down the stairs saving them from the inevitable silence that would have came.

"'Just you and me' huh? Sounds like you're going on adate," he said.

"No we were talking about our farewell/birthday dinner party thing," Joe said. "I'm gonna get a drink, you guys want anything?"

"Get me a redbull," Kevin said as Aina shook her head no. "So what's going on with you and Joe?" Kevin asked when Joe was out of the room.

"Nothing," Aina said simply.

"Nothing? Really?"

"Nothing, really. I mean he's a great friend, but that's all we are. Just friends."

What can I do to get you to be more than just my friend? Joe asked himself as he stood out of sight, listening in the doorway.

Author's Note:Do you get the title? Lol kinda lame, but I couldn't think of a title.

Also, is it normal that there's one chapter with twice as much views as the previous one? I just found that odd, but I guess it's possible. Anyways enough of my babbling. I still don't own/know the Jonas Brothers.
Sign up to rate and review this story