Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 14 Planning a Party

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 14

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-07 - Updated: 2008-09-07 - 1239 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 14 Planning a Party

Aina was sleeping in thinking she could spend the day indoors. Since the party she's been out everyday with the Jonas boys and her two best friends. They've been mini golfing, bowling, hanging out at the mall, having picnics in the park, and they even drove down to Hollywood and played tourist. Unfortunately for her, her friends had other plans for her today.

"HAPPY LUCKY DAY!!!" Came from 5 people making Aina jump a little.

Aina opened her eyes. After seeing who it was and that it was 7:00 am she grumbled, turned over towards the wall, and threw her blanket over her head.

"What if we said we bought you a Starbucks?" Kevin said now knowing that she too had an obsession for coffee.

Aina's head lifted a bit, but shook no before resting on her pillow again.

"You guys," Joe said as he moved his friends and brothers to the side before backing up only to run and jump on Aina's bed and not to mention Aina herself.

"Go awaaayyy," Aina whined.

"No," they all said.

"Come on its 7/7. It's lucky day! Get up or I'll tickle you," Joe warned.

"You wouldn't," Aina said.

"Five seconds," Joe said. "4... 3... 2... 1," he then started tickling her making her flail her arms and making her laugh.

"Okay, I'm up," Aina said through fits of laughter.

Joe jumped out of her bed and helped her up.

"Just let me get dressed and stuff, then we'll go gallivanting to where ever you guys want to go," Aina said slightly perturbed.

Aina walked into her kitchen after getting ready and saw her friends talking with her parents.

"I can't believe you let them into my room," Aina said pretending to be upset. This only caused everyone to laugh. "Whatever lets just go."

They all headed out. Kevin and Jenna in his car and everyone else in Larissa's car.

"Where are we going anyway?" Aina asked.

"The beach," Larissa said simply.

"Ummm... you should have told me so that I could bring some clothes."

"Jenna packed for you."

"Jenna?" Aina asked concerned knowing Jenna always wanted her to dress a bit more "girly" than she normally does.

"Don't worry, I helped her. There isn't anything in there that you wouldn't wear."

When they got to the beach they all changed into their swim suits. Aina and Jenna were the first ones finished and were standing up to their knees in water.

"So any progress with you and Joe?" Jenna asked.

"Feeling guilty that you've been neglecting Larissa and myself for Kevin?" Aina teased.

"Wha..."

"I'm just kidding. I don't think you're neglecting us and I'm happy for you and Kevin."

"So... you and Joe?"

"We're just friends. Nothing more, nothing less. And besides I don't think the record company would like that we were together. Like I've said you don't dip your pen in the company ink," Aina said in a joking tone.

"Well that sucks. You two would look so cute together."

"Do you hear that?" Aina said. She and Jenna then turned around and there was Kevin and Joe running right for them.

Joe let out a battle cry of some kind before lunging himself toward Aina, grabbing her waist, bringing them both into the water as Kevin did the same with Jenna sans battle cry.

"I hate you guys," were the first words that left Aina's mouth as she surfaced. This earned her puppy dog faces from the two brothers."Yeah that's not gonna work," she said before she splashed them. Larissa and Nick soon joined in the splash war that was taking place.

After the splash war the girls helped the guys learn how to properly spike a volleyball, built a semi decent sand castle, buried Joe in sand, and swam a little more.

When it was a little after 12:30 they decided that the beach was a little too crowded, so they changed out of their suits, packed their stuff, and went to get some lunch.

"Aina what do you want for your birthday?" Jenna asked.

"You're birthday's coming up? When?" Kevin asked.

"Umm... I don't know what I want and the 31st," Aina answered the two questions.

"Joe's birthday is August 15th," Nick mentioned.

"Another present I have to look for," Jenna said.

"You don't have to get me anything," Joe laughed.

"Oh! Let's have a party," Larissa said looking for apad of paper to start making a list. "It could be like a joint birthday and going away party for the both of you since your birthdays are pretty close and you're both leaving for London."

"That sound's like a good idea," Jenna said. "Should it be a big party with extended family and friends or something just for our families?"

"If we're actually planning a party, just family,"Aina answered.

"Okay fine," Larissa said getting into her list.

"She really likes making lists," Jenna explained to the guys. "She's always making one. We don't know why, but she does and she's really good at it."

"We'll have it on the second, that way it's somewhere between your birthdays and before we all leave for our different destinations," Larissa planned. "So tell your parents, hopefully everyone will be free."

"Do you know when we're leaving?" Joe asked Aina.

"Umm... I think they're gonna send us something in the mail soon telling us all about that stuff. Or at least that's what I remember reading in my acceptance letter."

After they were done eating and planning they all decided to go browsing in the different shops. While in one of the shops Aina saw Joe looking at a jacket.

"Amazing that they're selling jackets in the summer huh?" Aina said walking up to him. "This is nice, you should get it. It would come in handy while in London."

Joe looked at the price tag real quick, "Nah, my jackets are still good. I don't need a new one."

Aina didn't miss the sly glance at the price, she did it all the time, so when Joe walked away to browse some more she took a look to see the price.

$135 for a jacket? It's on sale! Maybe I should get it for him, for his birthday. I'll come back for it, Aina thought to herself.

After seeing another shirt that was out of her fund limit Aina groaned. "I really hate not having money to buy what I want. I spent most of my money for London... half the clothes I didn't even need," she said sending an evil glare towards Jenna.

"Don't worry I know the feeling," Joe said. "I mean Ihave a lot of money saved from the campus job I had this past semester, but it isn't much."

"Same, luckily my parents were able to lend me some money for my stuff, but I still had to use a lot of my own."

"Okay I can't afford any of this stuff," Larissa said."Let's go home."

Everyone agreed and they were headed to the cars.

"Umm... I'll meet you guys at the car alright, I need to use the bathroom," Aina said back tracking.

"Okay want me to bring your stuff to the car?" Joe asked.

"No that's okay I'll just bring it with me." With that Aina walked towards the bathroom, but instead slipped into the store with the jacket, bought it, stuffed it into her bag, and walked back to the car.
Sign up to rate and review this story