Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 13 Cami's party

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 13

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-05 - Updated: 2008-09-05 - 1369 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 13 Cami's party

For the two weeks after the picnic Aina tried to avoid hanging out with the boys. Unfortunately, to make it look like she wasn't avoiding them that meant that she had to hangout with them sometimes. Those times that they did hang out Aina did her best to stay away from Joe.

You won't see me break. Won't make that mistake. Oh no, Aina's phone rang.

"Hello?" Aina asked without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Jenna said a little too cheerily. "So we've decided to go to Cami's party. You in?"

"Why would you even consider going?"

"I know its Cami, but that doesn't mean we have to talk to her at all. Five minutes tops. AND it'll be the last time we see her... possibly."

Aina grunted before saying, "Fine. When are we going?"

"Well the boys will be here at about 7:30 or 8 tonight..."

"The boys?" Aina cut her off.

"Yeah you know my boyfriend and his brothers... minus the two younger ones, I don't think Denise would like her 15 and 7 year old going to a college party," Jenna explained. "So you have a lot of time to get ready. Okay?"

"Okay. Don't dress too slutty," Aina joked.

"Yeah would want you to look like you're wearing a million layers of clothes now do we," Jenna joked back.

When 7:30 came around Aina looked out her window to see Kevin's car pull up in front of Jenna's house. She left saying a quick "I won't stay out late," to her parents and walked across the street.

"Okay let's go party," Larissa said.

They all jumped in Kevin's car since they could all fit. Jenna and Kevin were in the front their interlocked hands resting on the median. Joe was sitting between the two girls, but Aina just kept staring out the window not paying much attention to anything. After about 5 minutes and few blocks over, they finally pulled up to a nice house. They could hear the rap music loud and clear. When they entered the house they were immediately greeted by Cami.

"Hey guys! Glad you could make it," she swayed a little where she stood.

"Someone got a head start on the booze didn't they?" Larissa said lightly making fun of Cami's slight buzz.

"Did you want some? They're in the kitchen. Well I'm gonna go, have fun!" With that she left to join what looked like an orgy in the middle of her living room.

"Are they dancing or having sex?" Aina questioned tilting her head to the left to get a better angle causing them to laugh.

"Let's show them how normal people dance," Jenna said as she pulled Kevin to the living room.

"I don't dance," Kevin protested.

"Apparently neither do these people. Now come on."

"So..." Joe said.

"I'm hungry," Aina said going into the kitchen as the other two followed.

Eventually, the three were found in the back yard since that seemed to be the quietest spot on the property. Larissa had just gone back inside to get some more food.

"So, long time no talk ay?" Joe broke the ice.

"I guess," Aina replied not looking at him.

"Why?"

"I dunno."

Joe just nodded his head. "I'm gonna go look for a bathroom," he said shortly after and went back inside.

"Hey where did Joe go?" Larissa asked when she came back.

"Bathroom," was Aina's simple answer.

"What's up with you lately?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you haven't been hanging out with us much," Larissa started, "and when you do you hardly say anything. Is there something wrong?"

"I just... have nothing to talk about," Aina said lamely.

"Girl please. I know you better than that. Can you just tell me the truth?"

"It isn't you girls... or Kevin... or Nick..."

"So this is about Joe," Larissa stated. "What did he do?"

"He didn't do anything... not really." After getting a keep-going look from Larissa she said, "Well it's what he said at the picnic. He said 'I thought big house, big bank account,' so I'm thinking that he might have only been flirting with me because he thought I was rich."

"That really sucks," Larissa said. "So are you avoiding him because of how jerky that is or because you think he doesn't like you anymore?"

"What does that have to do with anything?" Aina asked puzzled by her friend's question.

"Well, I know we haven't known these guys for very long, but... he doesn't seem like the gold digger type. Not to mention every time you're not around he's always asking about you."

Aina looked up at her friend, "So you think I'm over thinking this?"

"Maybe. I mean he did start flirting with you before he even saw your house."

"No he didn't," Aina said with a laugh.

"Oh yeah, what about after you told Kevin you have a black belt? I believe it went a little something like this, 'Cute and tough, Ithink I'll keep her,'" Larissa said in a deep man voice before throwing her arm over Aina's shoulders like Joe did on the first night they met.

"He was just being Joe, you know joking around and stuff," Aina said while remembering the hug from that night.

"Whatever girl, you like him, he likes you. All you guys need to do is go out on a date, kiss, and you two are ready for that freaking walk down the aisle," Larissa said as Aina laughed at her over exaggeration. "Just hang out with him a little more and you'll see he still likes you."

"Let's go inside," Aina said to change the subject.

They entered the house trying to get used to the blasting music. They stood in the entrance to the living room and saw Kevin awkwardly dancing with Jenna. Larissa saw Aina tense up a bit through her peripheral vision and looked over at her. Following Aina's stare Larissa saw Joe grinding up against Cami.

"Aina, I'm sure he's just being nice dancing with her," Larissa said leaning in to Aina's ear so that she could hear.

Aina nodded her head and looked away. Trying to find something else to do but stand there.

Joe saw some movement off to the side and saw Larissa and Aina standing in the doorway. Aina seemed to be looking for something. Eventually, she gave up and looked right at Joe. He wished it was Aina he was dancing with, but didn't want to seem rude and just leave Cami alone in the middle of the dance floor, even though she probably wouldn't notice due to her intoxication.

Aina gave him a little smile, a wave, and walked out of the house and sat on the side walk. She didn't cry, she just sat there waiting for everyone to decide to go home.

Larissa saw Aina just sitting on the curb and knew that she just wanted to be alone. After a couple minutes she decided to gather her other companions so that they could leave.

"Where's Aina?" Jenna asked as they walked through the foyer.

"She's waiting for us outside," Larissa said.

"Hey girlie how long have you been out here?" Jenna asked not knowing what had just happened.

"Only a few minutes. You know me, I'm not a party girl," Aina said as if nothing happened.

"Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm hungry," Kevin said.

"Let's go to Denny's!" Larissa said hoping Denny's would make Aina feel better like it usually does.

They all got into the car and drove to Denny's. While there everything seemed to go back to normal. Aina was talking more and she even talked to Joe a few times.

Larissa excused herself to use the bathroom. When she got there instead of using it she pulled out her cell phone to text Aina. How could you be so calm about this?

I've decided that Joe and I are just friends and that's it. We're different people and besides I doubt the internship's gonna like it if we were together, Aina texted back

Are you sure you can do this? Larissa texted one more time.

Positive. We're just friends.
Sign up to rate and review this story