Categories > Original > Romance > Just You and Me

Chapter 12 Father's Day

by joy2008 0 reviews

Just You and Me Chapter 12

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-09-04 - Updated: 2008-09-05 - 2261 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 12 Father's Day

About a week and a half past by since the day at Disneyland. The girls found themselves busy and couldn't find time even for each other. Fortunately for Jenna and Kevin they still had their online chats and phone calls. The boys had to settle with finding their own amusement at home or going out and having brother bonding time.

It was now Father's Day and there was a day long Father's Day Picnic at a near by park. Being as close as they were the Parker's, Andrada's, and the Johnson's all went together. There were different game booths, a dunking booth, and there was a scheduled performance from the little kids that were in the local dance studio.

"Dude there's gonna be little kids doing a collaborative performance with hip-hop and tap dancing," Aina said to the three families.

"Oh that sounds so adorable," Evelyn, Larissa's mom, said. "Remember when our daughters were in those classes?" She asked the rest of the parents.

"I remember, Aina would always complain that she didn't want to go to ballet," Jenna said.

"I hated those tights! Just thinking about them makes me all itchy and uncomfortable."

But I'll be there forever, you will see that it's better, Jenna's phone sang.

"Hey Kevin," all three girls said when Jenna answered the phone.

"Kevin says hi," Jenna said before walking a little ways away.

"Who's this Kevin?" Ferdinand, Jenna's father, asked protectively.

"Wow, Uncle Ferd, you're really out of the loop," Larissa joked.

"Kevin is Jenna's new boyfriend," Jenna's mother, Lily told her husband.

"The girls I understand know this, but how did you know this?" Ferd asked.

"Ferd, us girls, we talk," Lydia interjected.

"More like gossip," Michael and Gene, Aina and Larissa's fathers, respectively, said. This earned laughs from everyone and glares from their wives.

"Do I get to meet this boy? Is he here? We could meet his family," Ferd said.

"Meet who's family?" Jenna said joining the group again.

"Your boyfriend, who I didn't know about," her father said.

"Well, now you know and you'll be able to meet him soon. I kind of invited them to hangout with us," Jenna said.

"Them?" Lily asked.

"Their whole family, you know parents and siblings?"

"Oh that would be nice. And you three," Evelyn said to the three fathers, "no teaming up on poor Kevin. It's bad enough having to meet one father, but to meet three father figures would just be horrible."

Just like the girls were close, their parents were close too. They would go on triple dates, when their schedules allowed. The mothers would have their girls night, go shopping, or whatever mothers do, and their fathers would go golfing, fishing, or whatever fathers do. They were like on big extended family.

"So what's this Kevin's last name?" Ferd asked.

"It's Jonas dad," Jenna said rolling her eyes.

"Jonas, Jonas. Do you know any Jonas's?" Ferd asked the parents.

"I don't have any clients by that name," Michael said as the other parents shook their head no.

"Oh wait," Evelyn said, "isn't that the name of the new pastor?"

"You're dating a pastors son?" Gene stated more than asked and nodded his head in approval.

"Don't nod your head Gene. Those are the worst kinds of boys," Ferd said

"How do you figure Uncle Ferd?" Aina asked.

"Well they're in the spotlight being the pastors child, they're more rebellious."

"How about you meet him first before you make assumptions honey," Lily told him.

Soon enough, "Aina!!!" could be heard from a distance.

Everyone turned towards the little voice and saw alittle boy with curly hair running toward them.

"Frankie!!!" Aina yelled.

"Why don't you ever yell our names?" Larissa asked Frankie pretending to be hurt.

"I'm sorry," Frankie said. "Larissa!!!" He yelled and ran to give her a hug then yelled, "Jenna!!!" Doing the same with her.

"Hello girls," Denise said as she and the rest of the Jonas's got closer.

"Hi Mrs. Jonas," the girls greeted together.

"Oh girls just call me Denise and this is my husband Paul," she introduced.

The girls introduced the Jonas family to their parents. Luckily conversation came naturally and Kevin didn't get grilled by the three fathers.

"So Joe, Jenna told me that you and Aina are in the same internship this fall," Lily said.

"Yes ma'am that's true," Joe confirmed.

"No need for that Mrs. Ma'am stuff with me."

"So you and my daughter will be in London together, with no adults?" Michael asked his protective father instincts kicking in.

"Honey, you're scaring the boy. Stop it," Lydia scolded.

"Well actually we are adults. And besides, I highly doubt they'll but two people of the opposite sex in the same room. Also there will be other adults, dad. Who do you think is running this whole internship?"Aina said matter of factly.

"I wanna go play some games!" Frankie said.

"Okay Frankie," Paul said as he started to get up.

"Can Aina and Joe take me?" Frankie asked.

"Do you two mind?" Denise asked the two.

"I don't mind I love hanging out with Frankie," Aina said ruffling his hair.

"Sure mom it's no problem," Joe said getting up. "Anyone else wanna join us?"

All the "kids" left the adults to their adult conversations and went to go play some games.

"Hi Emily," everyone heard Nick say from behind them, so they turned around to see who this Emily was.

"Hey Nick, what's up?" Emily asked tucking a strand of her dirty blond hair behind her ear.

"Just hanging out with my family and some friends,"Nick motioned to his brothers and the girls.

"Oh my gosh," she gasped. "You girls graduated like 2 years ago didn't you?"

"Yeeeaaaaahhhh," the girls said together somewhat puzzled.

"You guys are legends in Roosevelt volleyball history!" Emily said excited. "I've watched every one of your volleyball games these past 2 years. You guys are amazing players."

The girls gave a shy and semi mumbled "Thanks."

"Well, I'm done making a fool of myself," she said laughing at herself. She turned back to Nick and said, "Well there are a bunch of us from school hanging out by the basketball court if you wanna hang out."

Nick looked to his companions and after getting encouraging nods said, "Sure I'll come."

"So you guys are volleyball stars? I knew Jenna played, but I didn't know the three of you were stars," Kevin said as they continued to walk to the game booths.

"You weren't the only one," Aina said with a laugh.

"That was kinda weird," Larissa added.

The six continued on looking at the different games. Larissa won a teddy bear at the first game booth they went to.

"Want me to win you a fish?" Joe asked Aina.

"Ummm... no thank you, I don't think I'm responsible enough for a fish."

"I want a fish," Frankie said leaning looking at the fishes in the little jars.

Joe paid for 3 balls, unfortunately the first 2 landed in empty jars.

"This is impossible, those jars are too small," Joe complained.

"I wanna throw one," Frankie said jumping up and down. Joe handed him the last ball. When Frankie threw it, it bounced off of different jars before landing inside a tiny jar hosting a little goldfish. "I won! I won!" Frankie said excited.

Noticing the shocked look on Joe's face Aina gave him a hug to make him feel better and he quickly hugged her back.

Kevin, Jenna, and Larissa were at the dunking booth, the girls holding one stuffed animal each, as the other three approached them.

"We've concluded that the three of us can't throw for beans," Larissa said.

"You guys wanna give it a try? Three balls for adollar," the person in the weird multi-colored vest said.

"I wanna try!" Frankie yelled before Joe handed multi-colored vest dude a dollar.

"You go first Frank," Joe said. Unfortunately, Frankie missed and if it weren't for the netting protecting the dunkee, would have hit him in the head. Joe threw the second one, but just missed it.

"That was really close Joe, good try," Aina said.

"You wanna throw the last one?" He offered.

"Sure," Aina said taking the ball from Joe's hand. She threw it and hit the target causing the dunkee to fall in the water.

"Now I definitely have to win a game," Joe said looking for something that he could easily win. He saw one of those games with the old fashion milk bottles stacked in three's, that you have to knock over.

"Oh come on Joe no one ever wins this game, those bottles are to heavy and they place the two on the bottom are placed in acertain way so it's impossible for you to be able to knock over all three of them," Aina said.

"Don't worry, I got this. Start picking out which stuffed animal you want," Joe said confidently. He paid for the ball and tossed it back and forth between his right and left hand.

"He looks like he's concentrating really hard," Kevin said as he reached for Jenna's camera. "I need to take a picture of this," he said and took the picture.

"Very funny Kevin," Joe finally said when the picture was taken. Joe looked at the picture, "I look good in that," he said jokingly before winding up and throwing the ball. The ball hit the right side of the lower right bottle sending it falling to the left hitting the other bottle just enough for it to tip over. A few people cheered as Aina stared dumbfounded at the milk bottles.

"You can pick your prize now," Joe said to her.

"Ummm... I'll take the little white tiger over there."

The lady behind the table took the tiger off the shelf and handed it to Joe.

"For you," he said as he gave her the stuffed animal.

"Thank you," she said as she accepted the tiger and gave him a hug.

"Awww..." came random squeals from some girls.

"Well isn't that sweet," came a high pitched voice from behind them. They all turned around and there she was in all her bleach blond, artificially tan skinned glory.

"Cami," the three girls said in deflated excitement.

"Hey girls, long time no see. Are these your boyfriends?" Cami asked.

"Oh umm... right, introductions. Guys this is Cami, Cami this is my boyfriend Kevin and his brothers, Joe and Frankie," Jenna said making sure she got the boyfriend part.

"Mhm... so Aina and Joe are you two," she said waving her finger between the two.

"No, we're just friends, you know... just friends," Aina semi-babbled.

"Oh I just figured since he won you that tiger and all, but I guess it gives me a chance with him then," Cami said giving Joe awink. "So what have you been up to?" She asked before proceeding to talk about herself, leaving the rest in uncomfortable and irritated silence.

Cami was still talking when Frankie tugged on Larissa's arm and said, "I wanna go show mom my fish."

"Okay," Larissa said a little too enthusiastically. "Come on guys we gotta go."

"Oh," Cami said, "so soon? Oh well, before you guys go, I just wanted to tell you that there's gonna be a party at my place in about 2 weeks or so. It's just some old friends from high school and stuff, so stop by. I'll myspace you the details."

"Okay, well it was nice seeing you again Cami. Bye,"Aina said as they all left.

"You guys don't seem to like her," Joe commented when they were out of hearing range.

"We don't," the three girls said.

"She's so stuck up, she acts like she's the queen of the universe, just because she has a big house, and she's a little... harlot" Aina said choosing her words carefully in front of Frankie.

"She act's like she's rich, with all her designer stuff, even though they're all fake," Jenna continued.

"I feel sorry for her parents. They work all day so that they can feed her obsession to keep up appearances. She's only 'nice' to us because we're the only ones who know she's not rich," Larissa added. "And when I mean 'nice' I mean she says things that sound like she's complimenting us, but she actually isn't."

"Like the time she said, 'Aina has a great looking house, but that's only because Jenna's dad built their house for free,'" Jenna said using a high pitch, I'm-the-best-there-is, type of voice.

"So if she isn't rich how did her parents afford anice house?" Kevin asked.

"The same way I got my house," Aina said. "Uncle Ferd's company built our house at a generous discount, not free."

"So you're not rich?" Joe asked relieved.

"No," Aina laughed like the thought of it was ridiculous."Why? Did I give off a spoiled rich kid act or something?" She asked hoping she wasn't at all like Cami.

"No, it's just that Larissa said your house was a lot nicer than hers and, well, I thought big house, big bank account. Sorry, Ishouldn't have assumed," Joe said as they got to their parents.

So he only flirted with me because he thought I was rich? Aina thought.

Author's Note:I still don't know, own, control, whatever the Jonas Brothers.

I should also remind you guys that these are all just fillers till the real story begins... in London. -insert evilest laugh here- They're not in London till about chapter... 19, I think. hahaha
Sign up to rate and review this story