Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Life Just Ani't Fair

three

by LLN 0 reviews

xander is out of the box...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Romance - Characters: Spike, Xander - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-07 - 934 words

1Exciting
Life Just Ain't Fair-ch3




"So, what's wrong with him, Doc?" asked Mal once they got the boy to the medical bay.
Simon sighed.

"Stasis sickness, it starts with the shakes, then there is the blindness...it's not fatal just uncomfortable. "

"So, you can help him." Said Mal now standing at the foot of the medical bed, as the young doctor nodded. Zoë was standing next to the bed; she had helped move the boy.

"Captain, what are we going to do?" she asked.

"Who cares," said Jayne from the doorway," he's got demon eyes!"
Simon snorted then said.

"No, he doesn't. While very rare it is possible for some one to have a green eye and a brown eye." Jayne shook his head, he didn't care if it was rare it just wasn't natural to him, eyes should be the same color.

"Demon eyes," he muttered again. The boy on the bed moved then, quicker than a snake, he pulled Zoë's gun from her hip holster and pointed it toward the door.
'I didn't even feel that.' Thought Zoë in shock.

"I thought you said he couldn't see!" Mal hissed to Simon.

"He can't!" Simon hissed back.

"Take it back, " the boy whispered hoarsely.
"I'm not a demon!"

"Or what?" asked Jayne with a smirk.

"Or I'll shoot you." The boy said flatly.

"Now, hold on a second..."said Mal holding up a hand, then realized the boy couldn't see the jester. He glared at Jayne.
"Say your sorry for insulting, the nice young man who has Stasis Blindness, who's holding a gun."
Jayne crossed his arms over his chest.

"No."

The boy pulled the trigger, the gun fired...Jayne barely ducked in time to avoid being hit.

"Hey, no shooting my ship!" yelled Mal

"Are you crazy?" shouted Jayne.

The young man, now rested on an elbow, smirked as he held the gun on Jayne.

"You know for as many times, as I've been asked that question I should be."

River was standing next to Simon. She reached out and petted the boy's long dark hair.

"Jayne's just mean...not evil." She said. The others glared at Jayne, until he mumbled an apologized. The young man sighed and melted into River's touch. Then spun the gun around by the trigger, before slipping the gun back into Zoë's holster. Slowly he lay back on the bed.

"Hey, Doc?"

"Yes?" Simon.

"Can you make with the shot so I can see again?" he asked with the weariness of someone who had been through the sickness before.

******

Slowly, Xander Harris blinked, at the bright light shining into his eyes. He looked around the room. A beautiful black woman with long curly black hair stood by his bed, a hand resting on the butt of her gun. This had to be the person he took the gun off of...and from the look on her face she wasn't happy he did it.

On the other side of the bed stood a young man, maybe ten years older than himself. This was the doctor. He had short dark brown hair and caring brown eyes. Dressed in expensive clothes, practical but expensive. Next to the Doc, there was a young teenaged girl, long dark hair and eyes that reminded him of Drusilla's and Dana's the insanity lurked plainly in her dark, but kind eyes. Xander could tell she was related to the Doc, in someway, a sister perhaps?

Xander glanced toward the door way of the room, the man who stood there was a soldier of fortune he could tell by the way the man held himself...and then there was the fact he was armed to the teeth. Xander was pretty sure that was whom he tried to shoot.

A small movement next to the black woman caught Xander's attention. A young woman wearing coveralls, who had light tawny colored hair, with grease on pixie stood there looking at the Doc.

Then Xander came to the man standing at the end of his bed. Coal black hair, dark almost black eyes. He wore brown pants and a blue shirt. He looked familiar to Xander. He blinked then rubbed his eyes.

"Preachify...stick out my eye." Xander muttered to himself softly. Mal looked at Simon, who just shrugged. Everyone reacted differently to being taken out of stasis.

"No!" River said sharply. Pulling on his hair making him look at her.
"Not him, looks like...maybe even was...but not him now!" Xander thought about that then nodded.

"Why don't we exchange names?" asked Xander.

"Ok," said Mal " who are you?"
Xander snickered and shook his head. Mal sighed and began to speak.

" I'm Mal, captain of the Serenity, which your on by the way. Next to you is my first mate Zoë. The Doc, there is Simon; the pretty thing with the death grip on your hair is his sister River. Jayne's the one over there by the door; he's the one you tried to shoot. Don't do that again by the way. If anyone is going to shoot Jayne it's going to be one of my crew." He said, as Jayne made a discontented noise.
" And Kaylee there is our grease monkey, she keeps this ship running."

Xander didn't see just a group of crewmates he saw a family, one that had suffered loss and had know triumphs, but had yet to be truly tested.

"Xander Harris," he said then paused," just so you know, I'm not getting back into that box."

Mal sighed...he seemed to be doing that often lately.

"I figured as much."
Sign up to rate and review this story